MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2020, 09:21 PM   #1
Cello

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2019 Kaw Ninja 400

Riding Pants Query

What's the best way for me to get yours off?

Seriously, does anyone have experience with the AGV pants or Scorpion jeans? I've gotten a heck of a lot of use out of my leathers, but I figure as I start to commute or go on some longer adventures, rather than just half-day rides, I need some bottoms that fit needs like long distance comfort or casual day attire. I had looked at other options, and those two fall into the budget/protection trade off for me.

If you have any other recommendations around the same price point/protection, hit me with them.
Cello is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Riding Pants silent11 Gear Talk 8 05-23-2014 02:40 PM
Riding pants specterunseen Gear Talk 5 03-23-2009 12:07 AM
need riding pants oldman650r Want To Buy or Trade 1 08-10-2008 12:47 AM
Looking to buy riding pants Jay Want To Buy or Trade 1 04-28-2008 11:52 AM
Riding pants Fastmover Miscellaneous (Non-Moto-Related) 7 04-22-2008 11:45 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2020, 06:06 PM   #2
gots2no
Steve

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'94 Kawasaki ZX6
'78 Yamaha XS750E (sold)
'82 Yamaha Seca 750 (sold)
'82 Yamaha XT200 (sold)

Member Garage

I bought some Iron Works from Cycle Gear. I'd like them more if they fit. The length is a one size fits all for short people. I'm 6' with a 34 inch inseam. They seem okay when you're standing (like in a fitting room), but when I ride, the knee pads are above my knees on my thighs - so probably useless. I end up using my leathers instead. I even tried adding some elastic loops to the bottoms to go under by boots, but that doesn't help much.
gots2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:50 PM   #3
asinop
asinop

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2017 Tiger 800 XRx
2018 BMW K1600GTL
A Schwinn...

I have Scorpion Jeans and they have served me well. I've had them for 2-years. It took a bit to find a tailor that would shorten the leg by 2" and be able to adjust the knee armor (kevlar lining), but I found one in East Texas. They are ok - they are getting a bit worn-looking, but that is cosmetic. I've worn them down to about 35 degrees while riding with long underwear and they felt fine.

They are the jeans I am wearing in the profile picture.
asinop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 07:23 PM   #4
SouthernFZ09

I scored a pair of Scorpion Covert Pro jeans a few months back and like them a lot. Very comfortable and not to terribly hot. I don't believe they have a slot at the knee for pads however. I wear a 36 in most jeans, however went with their 38. It's lose, but nothing a belt can't take care of. Then agian I like my pants a tad lose in the waist.
SouthernFZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement