MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2018, 08:18 AM   #21
mx6er

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

Love/Hate. However, it'd be difficult to get me to split to another city. weather, traffic, house, kin folks, etc... there's give and take.
mx6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I hate it when this happens silent11 Off Topic 4 09-16-2014 05:54 AM
Don't you hate it when... DAT GUY Car Forum 22 07-24-2011 08:15 PM
rant: i hate houston streets mekrew Off Topic 11 07-21-2007 05:31 PM
[houston sucks]I hate rain[/houston sucks] Slowkat General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 12-24-2006 12:37 AM
Don't Hate.. BlackWidow Off Topic 60 06-13-2006 03:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2018, 08:33 AM   #22
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

I grew up in the midwest. Houston doesn't seem so bad when you've spent a lot of time being cold and poor.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-25-2018, 08:42 AM   #23
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
I grew up in the midwest. Houston doesn't seem so bad when you've spent a lot of time being cold and poor.
true but there is just too many dang people in houston now. It's like LA. Alot better placees to live. I love corpus even though 40arpent hates it which actually makes me like corpus even better now.
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-25-2018, 10:15 AM   #24
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
true but there is just too many dang people in houston now. It's like LA. Alot better placees to live. I love corpus even though 40arpent hates it which actually makes me like corpus even better now.
There are too many people now. I don't notice it much though. I'm spoiled. My daughters' day care and elementary school is at the entrance of my neighborhood, my gym is 4 blocks away, and my office is a mile away. Don't really go anywhere else during the week. It's sad really.
Liked this post:
Old 06-25-2018, 10:56 AM   #25
pbfoot

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki ZG1000

Houston is a typical American urban wasteland. I learned a long time ago n Atlanta that you have to live near work and try to reduce your time spent in traffic on the weekends by going out early and getting home by 11am if possible. Make your loot and leave. No city pays better than Houston for skilled labor. Just remember, the grass is always greener on the other side until you get there and realize it has been spray painted.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:25 AM   #26
Gixxerguy86
Rider. Tuner. Wrencher.

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1986 GSXR 815
2002 Bandit 1200
GSXR 1137cc Frankendragster (SOLD)
2002 Bandit 600 (SOLD)
lots of dirt bikes

I've been in Sugar Land since 1999. at that time there was nothing out there, now it is becoming over-populated. I think the thing I hate the most about this area is the weather and the radio stations. But SW houston isn't such a terrible place to be. I've grown accustomed to having to drive at least 30 minutes to anywhere I want to go and the bad driving habits of others. I agree with Houston having a lot of opportunity for skilled labor and good payouts. And it's such a big city we really have just about everything here. I know some decent twisty roads on my side of town, but there's hardly any anywhere else. best to load the bike up and either hit the track or go to san antonio / austin for good street riding in Texas
Old 06-25-2018, 11:43 AM   #27
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

I just can't figure out why the radio stations suck so bad. Kiss in sa is playing great music. Heck corpus stations are tons better than Houston
Liked this post:
Old 06-25-2018, 11:56 AM   #28
CrateCookie

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 650

Member Garage

There's always streaming if you don't like the stations. Now that the music wife and I like is considered Oldies, it could be worse.
CrateCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:45 PM   #29
Gixxerguy86
Rider. Tuner. Wrencher.

Bike(s):
1986 GSXR 815
2002 Bandit 1200
2002 Bandit 600 (SOLD)
lots of dirt bikes

Quote:
I just can't figure out why the radio stations suck so bad. Kiss in sa is playing great music. Heck corpus stations are tons better than Houston
completely agree, KISS is the main station I listen to while in SA. it's what 94.5 the Buzz USED to be
Old 06-25-2018, 01:45 PM   #30
School-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxerguy86 View Post
completely agree, KISS is the main station I listen to while in SA. it's what 94.5 the Buzz USED to be
If you have HD Radio, look for 96.5 HD2 - It's what a true rock station should be..

Not that garbage hipster BS that the buzz plays.. plus you don't hear that douchenozzle rod ryan saying "bro" the whole ride into work.
School-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-25-2018, 01:50 PM   #31
green600
BYE

Feedback Rating: (3)

My 10-15 minute commute aint so bad........ pay more to live close to work FTW

I don't remember the last time I waited for a table. It's pretty much always hot and ready when I walk through the door.

Life's too short to eat dusty Parm
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:50 PM   #32
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by School-e View Post
If you have HD Radio, look for 96.5 HD2 - It's what a true rock station should be..

Not that garbage hipster BS that the buzz plays.. plus you don't hear that douchenozzle rod ryan saying "bro" the whole ride into work.
I just found that station a few weeks ago. It was hard to find. I had to search by genre on the touch screen and it popped up. Couldn't find it using the tuner. It's a pretty good station. Probably the only rock station I would listen to in Houston. The radio in Houston is complete garbage. We did have that old school hip hop station for about six months on 92.1 that was pretty cool. Turned it on one day and it's now an R&B station. I have a spotify account so the only reason I turn on the radio is because my phone died.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:58 PM   #33
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Iím not necessarily hating Houston as much as Iím starting to hate humans
Old 06-25-2018, 02:45 PM   #34
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. McQuade View Post
Iím not necessarily hating Houston as much as Iím starting to hate humans
you know you make a valid point...think how nice it would be to make all the liberals move to california or germany where fascist belong.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #35
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2 tricycle motors, no more bikes.

Member Garage

I don't want to hear about houston radio sucking. Here in Port Lavaca all I get is one station of today's country (tractor rap), several tejano stations and the classic rock station from Victoria is all static. I even put a "better" antenna on my truck but it didn't help. At home at least i can put on a music channel via cable one. I stream a lot of pandora and get the data usage warnings from at&t monthly. It's like it costs a ton to listen to good tunes. When I was a kid in LJ we used to carry a battery powered boom box with us everywhere and got good stations all the time. That's back when 94.5 was the oldies station and 107.5 was the rock station. Rock 101 KLOL was good too back then.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:03 AM   #36
Sumo

Bike(s):
2007 DRZ400SM
2006 DRZ400E

Quote:
I grew up in the midwest too. I can tolerate high humidity a lot better than subzero winters.

I don't hate Houston. Except the radio stations. They suck. Beaumont has a better station than we do. It's ridiculous.
Sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:44 AM   #37
Gixxerguy86
Rider. Tuner. Wrencher.

Bike(s):
1986 GSXR 815
2002 Bandit 1200
2002 Bandit 600 (SOLD)
lots of dirt bikes

Quote:
I just found that station a few weeks ago. It was hard to find. I had to search by genre on the touch screen and it popped up. Couldn't find it using the tuner. It's a pretty good station. Probably the only rock station I would listen to in Houston. The radio in Houston is complete garbage. We did have that old school hip hop station for about six months on 92.1 that was pretty cool. Turned it on one day and it's now an R&B station. I have a spotify account so the only reason I turn on the radio is because my phone died.
boom 92 was an awesome station, but yeah unfortunately it didn't last very long
Old 06-26-2018, 08:43 AM   #38
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by matemike View Post
I don't want to hear about houston radio sucking. Here in Port Lavaca all I get is one station of today's country (tractor rap), several tejano stations and the classic rock station from Victoria is all static. I even put a "better" antenna on my truck but it didn't help. At home at least i can put on a music channel via cable one. I stream a lot of pandora and get the data usage warnings from at&t monthly. It's like it costs a ton to listen to good tunes. When I was a kid in LJ we used to carry a battery powered boom box with us everywhere and got good stations all the time. That's back when 94.5 was the oldies station and 107.5 was the rock station. Rock 101 KLOL was good too back then.
Oh stevens and pruitt. I was going to hire them to simulcast on the rock station I started in Corpus. they wanted 10k a month so I passed and did the morning show myself with a friend i knew since elementary school. It was the funnest 18 months of my life.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:09 AM   #39
cesj

Bike(s):
2009 YZF-R1
2007 YZF R6
TZ250

Grew up in NE La (50k population), went to school in New Orleans for 3 years & been in Houston since 98. I used to travel through midwest every month for previous jobs. I freakin LOVE Houston!!! Midwest people may be happy but they don't look it. I haven't found another city I would rather live in.

My son has dyxlexia...guess what...there is an awesome non-profit called Neihaus that has helped immensely. I dont know if another city would have been able to help as much.

When I get ready to buy a Ducati...Houston has large dealer network...

How many racetracks are nearby...

I am not sure I will retire here just because I like the beach and freshwater fishing but this city has been very good to me.

I had a vendor tell me once "We are real Texans, we chose to come here!" lol
cesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:36 PM   #40
Shuhboogie
and his limp member

Bike(s):
'73 CB350FOUR
'11 CBR250R (sold)
'14 Interceptor
'17 CRF250 Rally

Quote:
you know you make a valid point...think how nice it would be to make all the liberals move to Corpus Christi where fascist belong.
FIFY.

Advertisement