MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2017, 10:42 AM   #21
YourDemise
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

User is banned

YourDemise is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycles meet Martial Arts grsa Off Topic 7 03-26-2011 10:48 PM
1 on 1 Personal Fitness and Martial Arts Instruction Shinobi Health and Fitness 16 08-18-2009 10:38 AM
any martial arts instructors here? logan5 Jobs Section 13 07-31-2009 04:22 PM
Mixed Martial Arts Navajib Off Topic 10 10-31-2008 10:22 AM
Houston Martial Arts? Shinobi Off Topic 37 01-25-2006 12:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #22
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourDemise View Post
I have always trained for self-defense not sport. Although techniques may be similar it is a different mind set that one must have for the two. I'm not looking to score points when someone is trying to cause me or someone else physical harm. I am proficient in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and Mauy Thai. Personally I fell you need no other training for self-defense situations, except for firearm training. There are other disciplines that I admire but they are not very practical in a street fighting situation. By no means am I knocking combat sports/martial arts it's that I personally chose a strict self-defense street applicable approach to my training.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7cain View Post
So you believe jiujitsu and Muay Thai are the only disciplines need for self defense?

Interesting.

i would have to agree with him.... ive trained on/off about 11years or BJJ and about 5 of MT and these two are the best combo for basic (no weapons) self defense. they are all about it getting "IT" done quickly.

while standing up MT utilizes all your limbs effectively - no need to jump spin 43 times in the air before landing a kick.. and based on the fact that most street fights/self defense scenarios end up with people holding onto each and rolling on the ground Jiu-jitsu is the best there.. my.02
Old 09-22-2017, 02:57 PM   #23
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold