MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2019, 02:56 AM   #1
TaiMc

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT

Member Garage

New to the Motohouston Forum!

Hi Yall! :toothy 9:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello Motohouston Forum Members Auseclipse Introduction Forum 7 07-20-2014 06:36 PM
google motohouston, click motohouston.com/forums link get sent to url2short.info/... urbanXJ Forum Updates & Feedback 16 03-20-2012 01:43 PM
Other Forum Rant / Car Audio Forum? MiniG0D Off Topic 5 05-21-2011 11:38 PM
New to MotoHouston forum tay0v0 Introduction Forum 20 04-01-2009 08:34 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2019, 06:27 AM   #2
messiah

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
02 954rr

Welcome to the crew
messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-13-2019, 07:37 AM   #3
cbrfxr67
needs more projects

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Grom Clone
gs500/929rr thing,...
zzr600

Welcome!
cbrfxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-13-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Yo.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:49 AM   #5
The Morganator

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2008 ZX14

Member Garage

Welcome...check out our rides in the events, meets and rides section.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:08 AM   #6
TaiMc

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morganator View Post
Welcome...check out our rides in the events, meets and rides section.
Thanks! Will do
Old 08-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #7
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "

Hello and welcome to the forum
Is that a 400 ninja? Hmmm I like the minis
What side of town you are at?
How did you find us?
How long have you been riding and what your skill level?
Have you done any track days or planning on doing any?
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-13-2019, 02:31 PM   #8
TaiMc

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum
Is that a 400 ninja? Hmmm I like the minis
What side of town you are at?
How did you find us?
How long have you been riding and what your skill level?
Have you done any track days or planning on doing any?
Hi Rod! Yes, I have a Ninja 400 that I absolutely adore. I'm on the Northeast side...my commutes occur between Summerwood and Downtown Houston. I've been riding for about 3 years (received my license in 2016) and bought Vert in April of last year.

As of yet, I have no track days under my belt and don't plan to have any soon (trying to be financially secure before I go that route). Also my schedule doesn't permit it yet! Too busy, especially now

Not sure how I can gauge my skill level other than I've had some close calls on the surface roads (avoided them without panicking) and not many issues on the freeways as I'm quite a defensive rider. I definitely wouldn't call myself "experienced" but I'm very observant.

What about yall?
Old 08-13-2019, 07:07 PM   #9
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2017 Honda Grom
2004 Honda CRF-50

Member Garage

Welcome!
Old 08-13-2019, 09:28 PM   #10
TaiMc

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Thank yall!
Old 08-14-2019, 09:25 AM   #11
Kamario
Cruising on Rockets

Bike(s):
2005 R1
2009 R6(sold)

Welcome.
Kamario is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-14-2019, 10:53 AM   #12
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiMc View Post
Hi Rod! Yes, I have a Ninja 400 that I absolutely adore. I'm on the Northeast side...my commutes occur between Summerwood and Downtown Houston. I've been riding for about 3 years (received my license in 2016) and bought Vert in April of last year.

As of yet, I have no track days under my belt and don't plan to have any soon (trying to be financially secure before I go that route). Also my schedule doesn't permit it yet! Too busy, especially now

Not sure how I can gauge my skill level other than I've had some close calls on the surface roads (avoided them without panicking) and not many issues on the freeways as I'm quite a defensive rider. I definitely wouldn't call myself "experienced" but I'm very observant.

What about yall?
Well, like I said, I love the minis and I do have 3 ninjas sitting in my garage waiting to be worked on, but there are other 4 bikes waiting for their turn as well, but I'm waiting to cool of some to be able to work on them and ride again.
Ride again... It's been 18 months since my bad accident during practice on the opening race season in 2018, and I have not been back yet. I do ride occasionally around the block, but that's about it.
I don't ride streets anymore but I do miss it once and than...
I miss the group rides, the peeps, the scenery and the adventures, but I do not miss the tickets and the crashes, followed by the hospital visits or worst.
When one of my ninjas are ready to ride, I'll probably go to my favorite ride "Fayetteville". I'll let you know when I'm ready if you want to do a slow ride with the ninjas.
Or we can as The Morganator to put a ride together, but I'm slow... just saying...
Until than ride safe and Welcome to the forum!
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-14-2019, 11:20 AM   #13
TaiMc

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Well, like I said, I love the minis and I do have 3 ninjas sitting in my garage waiting to be worked on, but there are other 4 bikes waiting for their turn as well, but I'm waiting to cool of some to be able to work on them and ride again.
Ride again... It's been 18 months since my bad accident during practice on the opening race season in 2018, and I have not been back yet. I do ride occasionally around the block, but that's about it.
I miss the group rides, the peeps, the scenery and the adventures, but I do not miss the tickets and the crashes, followed by the hospital visits or worst.
When one of my ninjas are ready to ride, I'll probably go to my favorite ride "Fayetteville". I'll let you know when I'm ready if you want to do a slow ride with the ninjas.
Or we can as The Morganator to put a ride together, but I'm slow... just saying...
Aww Rod? I'm glad you are recovering! *HUGS*

I'm not into competing with folks when I ride. I just do my thang! I enjoy a lot of solo riding as I use it for my "alone-time"...my time to think and to evaluate things in my life. It's a lot like therapy for me. Yes, it's exhilarating, the rush and the speed, but I only do it in spirts and when there is a low to zero chance of anyone pulling out or sideswiping me. I would call myself a careful rider and not aggressive AT ALL lol (unless folks are crowding around, boxing me in, then my riding changes).

I understand about not feeling "ready" to ride on the streets after an accident. Last year, 2 months after I bought my bike, I got into a car accident. A guy hit me head-on and totaled my vehicle. It was traumatizing and thank goodness I crawled away with no broken bones. I was injured though, physically and mentally. At that point, I had to focus on insurance junk (which homeboi never paid because he had no insurance coverage) and getting a new daily driver!

After about two months, I was 90% healed and had my new vehicle, but I had a very difficult time getting back on Vert. I would visit and sit on her and do many things to try to "get back with it". It was difficult as I even thought of selling her because what could I do with a bike that I wasn't riding or that I was "afraid" to ride???

Then I just snapped out of it. I went to see her and right before I got on, I legit had a panic attack as I was gearing up...bike was cranked and I had gear on. I had to start jumping up and down for idk a minute or so to get rid of the panic. It was intense! But then once I put the helmet on, it was time to ride. And I been good ever since. On that day I created a "routine" to prepare myself mentally to ride, that I follow even now.

It literally starts with putting on each piece of gear (in an order that I determined) and I pray while I do it. Once the last piece of gear is on (my gloves), I'm ready to go!

Okay this has turned into a novel lol, but what I'm saying is, keep at it. TAKE YOUR TIME. There is no rush to get back in the saddle like it was before, until YOU are ready.

I would even set a day in which you tell yourself, this is it...this the day I ride on the streets. And take it in strides too...like you don't have to "brave" the freeways? Those neighborhood streets are serving a purpose...add a few more streets every ride until you have attained the riding "lifestyle" you want or previously had. It's a process just like with everything else. Enjoy it <3

Also, I'm not against riding with others. For me the issue is my schedule and the time that I have to ride, which isn't a lot. However, keep me in mind if you plan to do a small group ride. No expectations on my end lol. I'm very chill, so your "slow" comment doesn't bother me one bit.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:08 PM   #14
Slimcutta

Bike(s):
2013 GSX-R600
2003 KX125

WELCOME!
Slimcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-14-2019, 10:53 PM   #15
TaiMc

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimcutta View Post
WELCOME!
Old 08-15-2019, 04:52 AM   #16
The Morganator

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2008 ZX14

Member Garage

Quote:
I would be happy to organize a ride to Fayettville.

Advertisement