MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2018, 08:23 PM   #1
rz500guy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Yamaha RZ 500

RD 350
1990 Yamaha FZR 400

Video MSR L2 session 4? on the 2 stroker

Good bad and ugly. One almost ban from Ride Smart at 7 minutes. Was going to go under him but have had riders turn in on me so decided late turn in. Had no idea they were stopping at that point. Another parked at 6 minutes. Was gun shy pretty much all day. Not enough power to get by on straights and do not like late passes knowing what almost happened. A few 2:02s in traffic so it was ok. Too many red flags and I almost caused one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=NoX-T5jy_ZI
rz500guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RZ 500 MSR Oct 19 track video with tachometer view. Level 1 session 6. rz500guy Taking it to the Track 10 12-12-2014 06:09 AM
TWS (Texas World Speedway) - Onboard Video - 11/28/09 - Advanced Session S.D.W. Video's and Photo's 99 12-03-2009 07:23 AM
My last Session, MSRH Video, Highlights 9/19/09 S.D.W. Video's and Photo's 1 09-29-2009 08:07 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
rz500guy

Bike(s):
Yamaha RZ 500

RD 350
1990 Yamaha FZR 400

The incident was 7:40 or so. Sorry
Old 08-28-2018, 11:19 PM   #3
Rttoys
CMRA 982

Bike(s):
99 Ducati 996s
07 Yamaha FZ1
14 Yamaha TW200
13 Kawasaki 300se
18 Honda Grom

I have it on video from my view, too, Iíll upload a little later.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:41 AM   #4
Ice

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2017 Ninja 650
2016 Honda NC700X DCT (sold)

I know Ride Smart is stressing no running into people but come on, those 2 dudes at 6 and at 7:40 just parked it at the end of fast straight
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:14 AM   #5
leeroy

go to level 3. problem solved.
leeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-29-2018, 07:45 PM   #6
rz500guy

Bike(s):
Yamaha RZ 500

RD 350
1990 Yamaha FZR 400

My buddy Jason said same thing. At MSR it might be best thing. I am worried at COTA because of my sweeping lines. Steve Ned worked with me in TY,s class and was the one that brought it up. I need to clean up my lines at MSR. Had meniscus removed 4 month ago and was getting sore at end of day so was not moving as well on bike.

I guess I need to get an instructor out with me so I can be evaluated. I am glad you guys agree about the parking. I thought I was ok with outside line but had no idea he had slowed so much. That is a pretty fast entry into that corner. Maybe he was looking for the X.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:07 AM   #7
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Nice video thanks for posting.

I've had exact same thing at same spot. Also at end of back straight heading into diamonds edge is another but only time I've came close to tagging someone was just like in your video heading into the carosel. Good news is plenty of space out there wide to use in case needed.

I enjoyed following you around and getting to smell and hear that twostroke. Looking good out there
Old 09-03-2018, 05:23 PM   #8
ConcordEagle

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Ducati 749
Ducati Monster 796
Yamaha R3
BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz500guy View Post
Good bad and ugly. One almost ban from Ride Smart at 7 minutes. Was going to go under him but have had riders turn in on me so decided late turn in. Had no idea they were stopping at that point. Another parked at 6 minutes. Was gun shy pretty much all day. Not enough power to get by on straights and do not like late passes knowing what almost happened. A few 2:02s in traffic so it was ok. Too many red flags and I almost caused one.

I'm also member of the 'almost banned' club in that exact same spot. I'm on a 300c so I can't afford to lose momentum going into that turn, once the throttle is open on the back straight it pretty much stays open all the way around carousel, quick down shift at Joe Bone, then WFO again for front straight. This is why I never follow directly behind a rider, always a few feet left or right. If there wasn't extra curbing there it could have ended badly..

Skip to minute 6:05 and also 6:56 for two almost rear-ending incidents:

Last edited by ConcordEagle; 09-03-2018 at 05:26 PM.
ConcordEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:49 AM   #9
BryanE
CMRA #246

Bike(s):
2016 R3 Race
2011 R6 Race
2017 Terracraft Super Trike
2001 SV650 Race
2014 Grom

Member Garage

I didn't see anyone turn under you? Looks like target fixation from watching the video around 7:40. You drifted from left to right directly into the other riders line. Yes he parked it, but never changed his line on the straight ever! Your video shows you coming in on him and would have been your fault if you hit him for sure. It's always the passing rider to make the safe pass and 6' rule was not taken into consideration either. If you would have held your line you would have been fine. Ridesmart isn't a race, it's a school for learning. I know the the need to run consistent lap times and keep your own pace, but in lvl 2 you have new level 1 to 2 riders, and guys like yourself that are more experienced and on the brink of lvl 3 that are fast riders. The mix of riders requires a sharp eye and sometimes you have to back off and wait it out. That could have been bad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rz500guy View Post

BryanE is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post: