MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2018, 10:13 AM   #1
Gundamnitpete

Feedback Rating: (0)

Want to hit MSRH Aug 25th, but need a ride, if I crash. Anyone got room for my bike?

Howdy yall!

I've been doing trackdays for many years, since about 2012. I used to live up in Chicago and rode with STT a lot.

I always rode my bike too the track, and rode my bike home. My best buddy always took his trailor with his bike, so if I went down I always had a ride home(never went down on track so never needed it).

I moved down here a while back, and would love to hit MSRH this weekend. I've got NO problem riding too the track, prepping the bike there and tracking it, and riding home after the day.

But if I crash, I'd love to have a spot lined up, and maybe also have a pit buddy to hang with as well.

I live in downtown Houston essentially. I'd only need a spot in the trailor if I crash(which I prolly won't as I'll just be dusted off the cobwebs and running in the level 2 group).

Can any of yall help me out?

thank!
Gundamnitpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TWS (Texas World Speedway) July 25th Trackday OnBoard footage with T10 crash caught r6racer Taking it to the Track 78 08-07-2015 05:45 PM
Apr 29 MSRH room for extra bike? CaffeineRacer Taking it to the Track 8 04-18-2012 08:48 PM
Need a ride to msrh 2/11? got room for one more Renzo Taking it to the Track 1 02-10-2012 07:22 PM
MSRH this saturday....anyone have room? flip326 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 3 09-17-2009 09:42 AM
MSRH this saturday....anyone have room? flip326 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 0 09-17-2009 08:47 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
School-e

I doubt anyone would leave you hanging, but I understand your concern. Maybe EnergyHOU is going, I think he lives close to you.

https://www.motohouston.com/forums/member.php?u=25514
School-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:54 PM   #3
Gundamnitpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by School-e View Post
I doubt anyone would leave you hanging, but I understand your concern. Maybe EnergyHOU is going, I think he lives close to you.

https://www.motohouston.com/forums/member.php?u=25514
Yeah, I figured someone would help me if the worst happens for sure. I'd just rather have someone lined up with someone, so that no one gets a surprise request or anything like that.

i just booked my day! If yall see a rider on an Orange Z1000 with black/white Revit leathers, come say hi! I'd love to meet some of the local crack day junkies.

Also I'm bringing my highspeed camera, so maybe I'll be able to grab some video of yall in high speed, like this:

https://gfycat.com/TotalPerkyDuckling

Last edited by Gundamnitpete; 08-20-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:18 PM   #4
Drama

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamnitpete View Post
Yeah, I figured someone would help me if the worst happens for sure. I'd just rather have someone lined up with someone, so that no one gets a surprise request or anything like that.

i just booked my day! If yall see a rider on an Orange Z1000 with black/white Revit leathers, come say hi! I'd love to meet some of the local crack day junkies.

Also I'm bringing my highspeed camera, so maybe I'll be able to grab some video of yall in high speed, like this:

I'll be in canopy spot 13 with a black R1 if you want to stop by. What level are you riding in?
Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:34 PM   #5
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
welcome to Houston. I spent 10 years riding the streets of Chicago before finding out about trackdays when I moved back to TX. We once had ample trackday outfits and locations, but it's dwindled some in years past. Have fun at MSRH and watch out for Diamond's Edge...and sugar n spice (those two have claimed portions of my leathers in years past) .
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:44 PM   #6
School-e

I may come out of my short term retirement soon, I usually hang in L2 as well. I can help you out in the future although I usually just rent a trailer.
School-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:52 PM   #7
Gundamnitpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
I'll be in canopy spot 13 with a black R1 if you want to stop by. What level are you riding in?
sounds perfect! I planned on just bringing a lawn chair and an umbrella and zip trying the umbrella to the chair for shade

I'll be riding in Level 2. Up north with STT I was high intermediate/low advanced pace. If this was two days I would have done 1 day in novice and the next in Level 2.

But we only have one day and I'm a smooth consistent rider. Very safe and predictable(gotta be when you ride to the track lol).

If you're in level 2 I could definitely use a Tow the first couple sessions to get the line down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
welcome to Houston. I spent 10 years riding the streets of Chicago before finding out about trackdays when I moved back to TX. We once had ample trackday outfits and locations, but it's dwindled some in years past. Have fun at MSRH and watch out for Diamond's Edge...and sugar n spice (those two have claimed portions of my leathers in years past) .
Yeah it seems there are only a few places running track days down here. And TWS (Texas World Speedway) closed down too didn't it? that's a shame!

Is this track map accurate? What specifically should I be on the lookout for in those two corners?

https://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Racing-...ckMap-CW-S.jpg

sugar and spice look like a double apex, and Diamond's edge look like a double apex with a decreasing radius at the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by School-e View Post
I may come out of my short term retirement soon, I usually hang in L2 as well. I can help you out in the future although I usually just rent a trailer.
That would be perfect! I've seen the uhaul trailer rentals a ton before. Seems like a good way to go if you've got a tow hitch on your car/suv
Old 08-20-2018, 06:27 PM   #8
rccarlson22

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650

If all else fails I can trailer you home.

Green and tan Jeep with a silver Fz1.
rccarlson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:40 PM   #9
Sileighty
Squid

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
05 Ninja ZX-10R (Street)
05 Ninja 636 (Track)
08 Ninja 650R (Sold)
06 Ninja 650R (Sold)

I haven't gone to the track in a few years but been thinking about going back in a month or so. My truck will fit 2 bikes on it and I wouldn't mind helping out.

Do you have to rent canopy spaces now at msrh? I remember before you just unload anywhere under it.
Sileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:03 PM   #10
Drama

Bike(s):
2015 R1

Quote:
sounds perfect! I planned on just bringing a lawn chair and an umbrella and zip trying the umbrella to the chair for shade

I'll be riding in Level 2. Up north with STT I was high intermediate/low advanced pace. If this was two days I would have done 1 day in novice and the next in Level 2.

But we only have one day and I'm a smooth consistent rider. Very safe and predictable(gotta be when you ride to the track lol).

If you're in level 2 I could definitely use a Tow the first couple sessions to get the line down!

Yeah it seems there are only a few places running track days down here. And TWS (Texas World Speedway) closed down too didn't it? that's a shame!

Is this track map accurate? What specifically should I be on the lookout for in those two corners?

sugar and spice look like a double apex, and Diamond's edge look like a double apex with a decreasing radius at the end?

That would be perfect! I've seen the uhaul trailer rentals a ton before. Seems like a good way to go if you've got a tow hitch on your car/suv
Oh, yeah man I have the whole spot to myself. You're more than welcome to join me. I'll be showing up around 6 AM Saturday morning.
Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:59 PM   #11
ducdodgers
more torque please

Bike(s):
1098 ducati 2008
CBR 1000 RR 2004
1999 yamaha R1 $old
1989 honda huricane $old

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarlson22 View Post

You will be riding this track day?!
ducdodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:06 PM   #12
rccarlson22

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducdodgers View Post
You will be riding this track day?!
Yes rocking the new leathers!
rccarlson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:13 PM   #13
ducdodgers
more torque please

Bike(s):
1098 ducati 2008
CBR 1000 RR 2004
1999 yamaha R1 $old
1989 honda huricane $old

Quote:

If its not to full I will be running lvl 2.. I'm sure I can tow if you like.. Been to this track a few times. Can follow you and give you pointers as well on any spots you can work on.. I should be on a 2004 white cbr 1000 , white black and red dainese leathers and VR46 boots.. Those are easy to spot..
Old 08-20-2018, 10:22 PM   #14
ducdodgers
more torque please

Bike(s):
1098 ducati 2008
CBR 1000 RR 2004
1999 yamaha R1 $old
1989 honda huricane $old

Quote:
Yes rocking the new leathers!
Then you will be VERY easy to spot on the track
Old 08-21-2018, 01:29 AM   #15
FastLife1K
Howdy

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 DR-650
'07 gsx-r 1000 (Sold)
2008 Ninja 250 (sold)
'09 Honda CBR (sold)
'09 GSXR 600 (Sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to FastLife1K Send a message via Yahoo to FastLife1K
Hey man glad to see you made it over from reddit! Have fun this weekend!

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast"
FastLife1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:30 AM   #16
BryanE
CMRA #246

Bike(s):
2016 R3 Race
2011 R6 Race
2017 Terracraft Super Trike
2001 SV650 Race
2014 Grom

Member Garage

Our staff at Ridesmart will help anyway we can if you have a issue.
BryanE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:40 PM   #17
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:

Nothing in particular about those corners...rider error....wait, I over rode my tires!

and yes to TWS (Texas World Speedway) being gone, there are several tracks around if you're willing to drive (MSR-Cresson, Eagles Canyon, NOLA, and Harris Hill).
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:01 PM   #18
ConcordEagle

Bike(s):
Ducati 749
Ducati Monster 796
Yamaha R3
BMW S1000RR

Quote:

Very cool! point that thing at sugar and spice (first 2 turns), should get some spectacular shots when the sun's right.
ConcordEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:33 PM   #19
Gundamnitpete

Quote:

Excellent! I appreciate it man, I'll be out there looking for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty View Post
I haven't gone to the track in a few years but been thinking about going back in a month or so. My truck will fit 2 bikes on it and I wouldn't mind helping out.

Do you have to rent canopy spaces now at msrh? I remember before you just unload anywhere under it.
Thanks man! Yeah, the canopy spaces are $30 a pop. I got an email from ridesmart with instructions on how to rent one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
Oh, yeah man I have the whole spot to myself. You're more than welcome to join me. I'll be showing up around 6 AM Saturday morning.
Sweet dude, I'll be there for sure. Probably showing up around 7-7:30ish saturday morning! Red Z1000 with black/white leathers, saddlebags filled with water

My girl was talking about stopping by for the afternoon sessions to spectate, you don't mind if she sits in my place while i'm out and track and such?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducdodgers View Post
If its not to full I will be running lvl 2.. I'm sure I can tow if you like.. Been to this track a few times. Can follow you and give you pointers as well on any spots you can work on.. I should be on a 2004 white cbr 1000 , white black and red dainese leathers and VR46 boots.. Those are easy to spot..

Awesome dude, I've been studying youtube videos while looking at the track map, trying to understand the lines and such. Would be great to get a tow, if you see me out there give your tail a tap and Ill follow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLife1K View Post
Hey man glad to see you made it over from reddit! Have fun this weekend!
Yes sir! Should be a good time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
Nothing in particular about those corners...rider error....wait, I over rode my tires!

and yes to TWS (Texas World Speedway) being gone, there are several tracks around if you're willing to drive (MSR-Cresson, Eagles Canyon, NOLA, and Harris Hill).

haha I know the feeling! I'll try to keep it nice and consistent. smooth is fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcordEagle View Post
Very cool! point that thing at sugar and spice (first 2 turns), should get some spectacular shots when the sun's right.
That's the plan! Hoping to have enough time outside of classroom sessions
Old 08-24-2018, 06:25 PM   #20
proasian3

Level 1 and 2 almost sold out. Probably best to be there closer to 7 than 730
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement