MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2018, 12:18 PM   #1
Hyperevolution

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Honda cbr f4 (Sold)
Suzuki SV650

Send a message via Yahoo to Hyperevolution
Does it justify ?

I plan to get my M license today. I have been riding without one, now I just want to stay on the legal side. Class started at 8, but I got there at 8:15, cause of traffic, had to spent extra 15 minutes to look for the class cuz it is the mall. The instructor just told me to go home and I just lost all my money for signing up. It was not cheap either. It's a 10 hours long class. Is it okay to turn the students away and take all their money for just few minutes late to the class.
Hyperevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Justify hopes to be lucky No. 13 by winning Belmont Stakes NewsBot Sports 0 06-08-2018 07:31 PM
Justify makes Triple Crown bid at Belmont Stakes NewsBot Sports 0 06-08-2018 03:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
proasian3

Feedback Rating: (5)

I lost $220 for this as well. Actually it was to get my son licensed. We got confused about the start time and my son wasn't finished with the online piece. Was this Awesome Cycles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperevolution View Post
I plan to get my M license today. I have been riding without one, now I just want to stay on the legal side. Class started at 8, but I got there at 8:15, cause of traffic, had to spent extra 15 minutes to look for the class cuz it is the mall. The instructor just told me to go home and I just lost all my money for signing up. It was not cheap either. It's a 10 hours long class. Is it okay to turn the students away and take all their money for just few minutes late to the class.
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:22 PM   #3
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!

Bike(s):
A Few

And here we go!

Please raise your tray table, move your seat back to the most upright position, buckle tightly.

The captain is expecting turbulence...

MH Member: "The hate group quit posting because of you".
Me: Hold my beer...
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-06-2018, 12:27 PM   #4
Hyperevolution

Bike(s):
Honda cbr f4 (Sold)
Suzuki SV650

Yes, it was. I could not believe this happen to you either. Sorry to hear that.
Liked this post:
Old 08-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #5
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

That sucks. Kind of if you are only 15 minutes late but there is probably an issue with their accreditation with the state that forces them to turn people away that are late. They also want each class to be full and can't put someone in your spot on such short notice which is probably why they don't do refunds.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-06-2018, 12:44 PM   #6
proasian3

It's a strict policy but it is what it is. I was hoping maybe we can catch a later date or have a discount for another date. I even considered rejecting my cc transaction but in the end I should've been more responsible with my communication with my son. Not sure if I'll use them in the future. End the end I should've woke up extra early, had a nice breakfast and coffee with my son, and been at their door by 7:45am ready to go
Liked this post:
Old 08-06-2018, 01:04 PM   #7
Hyperevolution

Bike(s):
Honda cbr f4 (Sold)
Suzuki SV650

Riding is more like pleasure activity for me. I don't do knee drag or stunt, just want to have fun on the street, without any trouble from the law. I don't plan to learn much from them either because it is a basic course. What they done leave bad taste on my mouth. I spent all day on the computer for E-course and miss a day of work for nothing
Old 08-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #8
hondarider77

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6

Send a message via AIM to hondarider77
Should’ve woke up earlier... would an airline refund you if you were 15min late for your flight? No. It’s better to show up early and wait around then waste your time and money by sleeping in...
hondarider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-06-2018, 03:38 PM   #9
trunxgp1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider77 View Post
Should’ve woke up earlier... would an airline refund you if you were 15min late for your flight? No. It’s better to show up early and wait around then waste your time and money by sleeping in...
Every single time I've missed a flight they simply put me on the next one for no charge, so the answer is actually yes.

I'd dispute the charge and see what happens.
trunxgp1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-06-2018, 07:40 PM   #10
Zeus 1
in your mind

Does it say to be there at 8am, or class starts at 8am? Is the rest of the class supposed to sit around and wait for you?
Zeus 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:14 PM   #11
FXDS1340

Bike(s):
2014 H-D FLHX
1997 H-D Hammer 1250

Member Garage

Once the instructor is reading the range cards the class is no different than any other state controlled course. The proverbial door is "closed". Yeah it sucks, but it happens. Trust me, it's not like I want to look like an . Keep in mind as well most training sites, enrollment fee's are like paying for a class in college... don't attend, or fail, and you lose your money. It's not the sponsors fault.

Yes I'm a coach, but not the one who turned away the OP. No I don't represent the state of texas in anyway.
FXDS1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-07-2018, 07:22 AM   #12
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

simple answer, yes.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:51 AM   #13
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Man, that's a tough question because I personally wouldn't be talking about something on a public forum when the school hadn't made a decision yet about how to handle my registration, but hey, that's just me.

If I were going to discuss it, here's what I'd do:

1) Admit that it was 38 minutes late, not 15
2) Mention the fact that I had also irresponsibly left my phone at home so when the school tried to call and help me out, they couldn't reach me
3) Mention the fact that when I said I didn't know about the rule, they showed me where it's very clear (several times) during the registration
4) Mention the fact that they were actually reviewing my situation at the moment

I do agree however that you probably wouldn't have learned anything in the class
Challen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:21 AM   #14
Flynjay

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'07 Ninja 250 (sold)
'06 Ninja 650

Yes. Think of this as a life lesson (relatively cheap one at that).

Don't expect to be treated like a snowflake for your up. You were informed about the consequences of being late. The school owes you exactly zero.

Take responsibility and work towards a positive solution.
Flynjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:55 AM   #15
trunxgp1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
Man, that's a tough question because I personally wouldn't be talking about something on a public forum when the school hadn't made a decision yet about how to handle my registration, but hey, that's just me.

If I were going to discuss it, here's what I'd do:

2) Mention the fact that I had also irresponsibly left my phone at home so when the school tried to call and help me out, they couldn't reach me
3) Mention the fact that when I said I didn't know about the rule, they showed me where it's very clear (several times) during the registration
4) Mention the fact that they were actually reviewing my situation at the moment

I do agree however that you probably wouldn't have learned anything in the class
He never said he was 15 late he said he was 30 🤷🏼*♂️
trunxgp1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-07-2018, 09:08 AM   #16
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!

Bike(s):
A Few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post

(Clears throat-Enters Paul Harvey)

AND NOW YOU KNOW, THE REEEEEEEEEST OF THE STORY.
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-07-2018, 09:18 AM   #17
proasian3

No reason to chastise anyone. Motorcycling for most is considered a recreational sport so not taking events seriously like a driving school or court date is understandable however these aren't just a "show up and the school will give you a certificate" they actually have to pay instructors to come and have to follow regulations and sometimes audits. This was the first time I screwed the pooch on this and I accepted responsibility for it and didn't feel like posting a bad experience that I created for myself. To the OP yea it sucks and unfortunately it is justified. Live and learn. Motorcycling is a serious hobby and has consequences when improperly handled. Although I only ride track and so will my son I've got an M endorsement and so will he. I took the course years ago with my uncle and had a blast in the parking lot riding around cones in a little Yamaha 250. Definitely had to break a few bad habits and got a little lecture from the instructor about sticking my knees out and slowing lol!
Old 08-07-2018, 10:11 AM   #18
Hyperevolution

Bike(s):
Honda cbr f4 (Sold)
Suzuki SV650

Lot of flames, and lot of wise words also. Thank you brothers for all the response. I did not know that's why I asked you guys opinion. Like Proasian 3 said, I did not take this course seriously, that's why I did not look at student policy links.

And to Challen, why you assumed that I won't post on here about the school's decision. I am still waiting for confirmation.

Haha, a little harsh there don't you think. I said I don't expect to learn much, not anything from the school. Unless you guys will teach me to knee drags.

Bottom line I know this is my fault, and just ranting from a guy who just lost the money. Live and learn so I can ride another day.
Liked this post:
Old 08-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #19
FXDS1340

Bike(s):
2014 H-D FLHX
1997 H-D Hammer 1250

Member Garage

If you think you wouldn't learn much, then you are sorely mistaken.
FXDS1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-07-2018, 11:35 PM   #20
Hyperevolution

Bike(s):
Honda cbr f4 (Sold)
Suzuki SV650

Yeah, I take that back. I just watched couple YT videos, riding really slow weaving in and out the cones doesn't look easy at all. I need to practice on that one.

Also, I want to say big thank to Awesome Cycles for being very very generous to me even for what I did. They gave me the second chance to retake the class. The best part is No Charge..

Now all I need is to pass the class

Advertisement