MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic > The Circus
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #81
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrosteen View Post
How do you feel about affirmative action, though?
any time I take action, I do it in the affirmative.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tony Romo to the Texans? Can it happen? Should it happen? NewsBot Sports 0 02-20-2017 12:00 PM
Civil War Coming morvegil Off Topic 13 02-12-2009 05:32 PM
Needed: Civil Eng. Job SlowRebel Jobs Section 7 08-22-2008 04:29 AM
The Next Civil War FKNA The Circus 14 05-30-2008 04:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2019, 07:40 AM   #82
TrollBrosteen
Make OffTopic Great Again

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
any time I take action, I do it in the affirmative.
Seriously though? I'm against racism, but I find a lot of people have a double standard where it's not okay to be racist, unless it's toward white people and then they somehow justify that discrimination. Virtue signaling.
TrollBrosteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:10 AM   #83
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

you mean like TV commercials that make the woman look smart and in control while the man is kinda stupid?
Ever notice that its always a white man that looks like an idiot?
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:16 AM   #84
TrollBrosteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
you mean like TV commercials that make the woman look smart and in control while the man is kinda stupid?
Ever notice that its always a white man that looks like an idiot?
I was referring more to colleges and employers who openly show preference toward "people of color"/have a quota for X amount of X race to fill a position, even though the white person may be more qualified. What they're really saying is "we aren't currently accepting white people", which is definitely racism, but people claim that it's not racist.

But yeah there's an open attack on head of household type males too, and masculinity in general. It's all over TV. Look at any family cartoon. Family guy, The simpsons, American dad and on and on...they're always made to look like a totally inadequate moron where the woman is always smart and calling all the shots. I like that new nationwide commercial where the guy wrecked the family car and they make him out to be a total idiot with his wife acting like shes his mom or some .
Old 01-11-2019, 08:30 AM   #85
TrollBrosteen

Then they always throw out how "women are safer drivers" in just about every insurance commercial.
Yeah that's because they don't drive as often. I don't know about you but any time I've ever been in the car with any of my GF's, they want me to drive. Which is totally fine, but don't claim you're a better driver when you aren't even comfortable driving and I'm driving about twice as often.

Same with womens wages. They're lower because they work less hours on average. Obviously if they're leaving for months at a time on maternity leave, or are working part time to supplement their husbands income, or are constantly showing up late/leaving early to pick up their kids, or if they physically aren't able/don't want to do some of the more demanding physical labor type jobs and instead opt for something like waitressing, or administrative work...yeah that's going to drive down the average wage statistically. Let's be honest here.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:11 AM   #86
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

affirmative action is an issue that comes at you from differing directions.
First off is the emotional side, I stand against racism and the mistreatment of anyone who has not done something to bring it on themselves. Everyone should be able to receive the benefits of their talents and efforts.
Then there is the academic side that causes you to evaluate the circumstances of each event.
Over 40 years ago when the equal rights issue and affirmative action became a reality, there was both emotional and academic justification for it. Things have changed, in many ways for the better, but not all for the better.
Today there is still emotional justification for affirmative action in federal services and in the private work force. Academic justification would be a bit harder to come by.
On paper we all have the same opportunity for education and advancement as far as the color of our skin goes. That is not always 100% true, but on the surface it appears as it is. There is no longer segregation in the educational system. Academically today if anyone gets anything based upon their skin tone, it is racism...even though the media would not present it as such.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #87
gorillamonkey2

Experience: 4-8 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2002 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
affirmative action is an issue that comes at you from differing directions.
First off is the emotional side, I stand against racism and the mistreatment of anyone who has not done something to bring it on themselves. Everyone should be able to receive the benefits of their talents and efforts.
Then there is the academic side that causes you to evaluate the circumstances of each event.
Over 40 years ago when the equal rights issue and affirmative action became a reality, there was both emotional and academic justification for it. Things have changed, in many ways for the better, but not all for the better.
Today there is still emotional justification for affirmative action in federal services and in the private work force. Academic justification would be a bit harder to come by.
On paper we all have the same opportunity for education and advancement as far as the color of our skin goes. That is not always 100% true, but on the surface it appears as it is. There is no longer segregation in the educational system. Academically today if anyone gets anything based upon their skin tone, it is racism...even though the media would not present it as such.
I agree with you. During my short professional career and being a person of color, I have never experience racism outright. I think the bigger problem we are facing more now is economical classism. I believe that will never go away though.
gorillamonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:44 PM   #88
TrollBrosteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillamonkey2 View Post
I agree with you. During my short professional career and being a person of color, I have never experience racism outright. I think the bigger problem we are facing more now is economical classism. I believe that will never go away though.
I think a lot of the elites/politicians would like to brainwash the general public into thinking classism is racism. For the most part they've been successful lol
Old 01-11-2019, 01:58 PM   #89
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillamonkey2 View Post
it really complicated there... and some of it appears to be racism when it is indeed classism...while we all, regardless of color, go to the same schools, sit in the same classrooms, taught by the same teachers... we do so in our school districts...so in reality, not all kids in the country, in any given state, get the same quality of "opportunity" to an education. The situation is less color obvious (than in my day, I am old enough that I went to segregated schools for a number of years), but the situation has shifted...there is no easy answer and there will always be levels of success because lets face it, some people are smarter than others, some people work harder and some people just want it more than other and are more aggressive...fair for everybody does not mean equal achievement...
the only real question that we can ask, and maybe not be able to answer satisfactorily is whether there is actual opportunity...Oprah said luck was when hard work and preparation meets opportunity.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:24 PM   #90
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

This is why I moved to the country. the bullshit. Tired of sensitive city people
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #91
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

What I mean by that is, in the city everything you do is considered offensive. The reverse racism is old and played out. It's completely ok as long as it's a whitey type situation but anytime it makes a minority look bad the race card is pulled. I miss the good old days where we were raised right. To accept responsibility for our actions no matter how it made us look. Man the up and take responsibility. If I ever did anything wrong it was an whoopin and apologize to the person, face to face. Now all these snowflakes growing up with no discipline acting like professional victims. It's disgusting.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:07 PM   #92
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

Old 01-11-2019, 04:08 PM   #93
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

Old 01-12-2019, 08:47 AM   #94
JAXPOTD
X 610 mat rempit

Bike(s):
PCX 150

Exclamation

[QUOTE=bumblebee;4168080]Ever notice that its always a white man that looks like an idiot?[/QUOTE>>> that's because WHITE people prefer red styrofoam MAGA caps and the lefties wear all sort of cool >>> kinda like comparing the folks in a HARLEY ad to the girl biker in THE GIRL WITH A DRAGON TATOO >>> it's harder and harder to be cool and WHITE when the WHITE leader is a faux orange 70 year old lying cheat who never has done one macho thing in his filled life but now thinks he has the stuff to lead a delta force raid
Old 01-12-2019, 09:31 AM   #95
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

[quote=JAXPOTD;4168149]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Ever notice that its always a white man that looks like an idiot?[/QUOTE>>> that's because WHITE people prefer red styrofoam MAGA caps and the lefties wear all sort of cool >>> kinda like comparing the folks in a HARLEY ad to the girl biker in THE GIRL WITH A DRAGON TATOO >>> it's harder and harder to be cool and WHITE when the WHITE leader is a faux orange 70 year old lying cheat who never has done one macho thing in his filled life but now thinks he has the stuff to lead a delta force raid
Do you think people would be acting this way if crooked Hillary got elected? Honestly. She should legit be in prison right now for treason at the least. The orange man hasn't done anything half as bad as her and yet people act like he is the devil. Watch some old interviews with Hillary and listen to the racist she has said and see how hypocritical people are.

I'm not saying he is the perfect leader, but I would rather have 50 orange presidents than 1 Hillary or Bill.
Liked this post:
Old 01-12-2019, 09:47 AM   #96
TrollBrosteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by upononer6 View Post
Liked this post:
Old 01-12-2019, 09:55 AM   #97
JAXPOTD
X 610 mat rempit

Bike(s):
PCX 150

[quote=upononer6;4168151]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXPOTD View Post
I'm not saying he is the perfect leader, but I would rather have 50 orange presidents than 1 Hillary or Bill.
>>> HRC is a sorry _itch that participated in or championed every dumb domestic & foreign policy failure that she could claim the stage for and for that she deserves the NEVER HILLARY tag BUThow many old ladies would forgive their old man for in house BJs with the help and for that she qualifies as a "keep her until something better comes along" type so i guess america dissolves into a truly world full of AR toters, cops, entrenched elites, poor negroes, LGBTQXYZ??????s and drones all living lives in walled off gardens with plastic flowers to brighten each day
Old 01-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #98
TrollBrosteen

I'm just glad I'll be dead before too long
Old 01-12-2019, 10:50 AM   #99
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

[quote=JAXPOTD;4168154]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upononer6 View Post
>>> HRC is a sorry _itch that participated in or championed every dumb domestic & foreign policy failure that she could claim the stage for and for that she deserves the NEVER HILLARY tag BUThow many old ladies would forgive their old man for in house BJs with the help and for that she qualifies as a "keep her until something better comes along" type so i guess america dissolves into a truly world full of AR toters, cops, entrenched elites, poor negroes, LGBTQXYZ??????s and drones all living lives in walled off gardens with plastic flowers to brighten each day
Usually I can make some sort of sense of your posts.. but this one.. lol
Old 01-16-2019, 02:01 PM   #100
LostArtist

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2010 Triumph Bonneville
2006 Suzuki S-50
2003 Buell XB9s
2006 Suzuki S-40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrosteen View Post
Seriously though? I'm against racism, but I find a lot of people have a double standard where it's not okay to be racist, unless it's toward white people and then they somehow justify that discrimination. Virtue signaling.
you have something against virtue now????? come on!!! there's no winning with you snowflakes
LostArtist is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement