MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2018, 02:38 PM   #1
Dread6
BANNED

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Triumph Daytona 675
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Unhappy My girl & I are having trust issues

Long Post I just need to vent!

I think it all started with my Main chick and I talking about getting a bike around her (My Girl). I say that because one day she had an extended crank but fired up, had no issues for a week the one day she would just crank and not fire. 2012 Daytona 675R with 18,000miles never had any issues from her. And I stay on top of my maintenance.

Tested it, had a bad CPS (spec is ~.2ohms I was getting 1.023ohms) which comes with the stator so it was a quick easy replacement. While waiting for the stator to come in, my Main girl got a bike and I rode her bike home. I think that's when MY girl got off because I have been having nothing but problems since....

So got the new stator on, had to replaced the battery I killed while testing. Now she is good. Since I had the plastics off I decide to take my exhaust off to get a piece welded in. While taking off the exhaust, I put a pin hole in a $655 radiator that takes a week to ship. Got the exhaust off and one of the $10 exhaust studs (also takes a week) came out of the block with it. While pulling the radiator one upper hose ($25 , week to ship) was stuck, grabbed some pliers and twisted before pulling off and put a pin hole in that too, too far back to cut might I add. Oh and my fuel tank is pulling vacuum, still gotta fix that. Got the radiator patch, ordered a back up Used Radiator, got the stud, & hose and flushed the coolant system while there. She is back together and good to go.

My Main girl and I take the bikes out, put 300miles on them no issues, she is firing up every time like she is suppose to. A few days later I'm warming up my bike gearing up in the garage headed to work and I see thick white smoke coming from underneath my fuel tank. My stator connectors melting, so I am late to work. I was so close to drop kicking her and leaving her outside , another part of me wanted to start her back up let her running so it can burn to the ground.

All the while I was waiting for parts to come in, I was riding my Main girls bike . So this could've been the issue but I she would just stop having problems maybe she would get ridden more. Sent the stator back out, they make one harness that bypasses the OEM one and goes straight into my RR (which I ordered new now). I changed the connectors on my RR as well as Stator, ran the new harness. She is charging at 14.7v again. I just got my bike back together Sunday before the bike Bash. So now I am scared to take her anywhere because she might not start. Every sound every smell I think something bad is about to happen. (This started back August, sitting in the garage with the trickle charger on her btw)

So today 9/26 haven't started her for 2 days, and turn the key the gauges sweep but my fuel pump is not priming and its not making the other sounds she normally makes. Sure enough she just clicks, no crank. I don't have my powerprobe or voltmeter with me so I try again to no avail then put the trickle charger on her and head back to work. Brought some tools home battery is at 12.5v go to crank, drops down to 11.3v has an extended crank then fires up now charging at 14.7 again.

I AM DONE WITH HER!!

I am mechanic so I love to tinker, so it was fun in the beginning, now it has gotten old and I think we need to part ways. I was going to convert her back to stock and sell off all the mods. I purposely spent extra time so I could with ease for me and the new owner but I am out of money and most importantly Patients for any more motorcycle repairs. My Main girl wants me to keep her , even offered to cover the expenses for the repairs. So I asked my Main GF, if I talked about having another GF, then came home one day with a girl and parked her next to you . Would you and I have issues?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Waxahachie PD issues Amber Alert for missing 17-year-old girl NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 11-29-2015 06:50 PM
Fort Worth PD issues Amber Alert for 15-month-old girl NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 11-15-2015 10:50 PM
would you trust this?? Duck84 General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 04-16-2008 12:13 AM
YOU CAN TRUST A DOG FastLine Off Topic 5 09-12-2007 12:56 PM
Do you trust me? ArturoC Off Topic 1 09-23-2006 07:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #2
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

You didn't ask but I bet you killed the battery with all the electrical issues you had.
Now that they are fixed, new battery might be the last step and everything will be good.

The reason I think it's a bad battery is that you said it was on charge all day and when you came home it was at 12.5V. If it was good it would have been above 14V.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-26-2018, 03:37 PM   #3
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "

I agree with bumblebee
When a starter goes bad usually it kills the battery as well.
CMRA#672
Rod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:55 PM   #4
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!

Bike(s):
A Few

Battery tender installed?

MH Member: "The hate group quit posting because of you".
Me: Hold my beer...
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:34 PM   #5
green600
BYE

Feedback Rating: (3)

tldr,., you got me once, boy that cries wolf

Life's too short to eat dusty Parm
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:44 PM   #6
Dread6
BANNED

Bike(s):
2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
You didn't ask but I bet you killed the battery with all the electrical issues you had.
Now that they are fixed, new battery might be the last step and everything will be good.

The reason I think it's a bad battery is that you said it was on charge all day and when you came home it was at 12.5V. If it was good it would have been above 14V.
This time she wasn't on the battery Tender. I got 12.5 at the battery with nothing on, 14.5 while idling.

I agree I think the battery failed. She is on the tender now. we will see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNut View Post
Battery tender installed?
yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by green600 View Post
tldr,., you got me once, boy that cries wolf
come on man, you gotta let that go. When was that by the way?
Old 09-27-2018, 06:33 AM   #7
Track_Graphics

With all you've done - it sounds to me like you just don't satisfy her anymore. Next time she's having a good night you should take her out and meet up with others. Maybe you could try swapping. Keep your relationship open and unpredictable rather than the same, tired old room, some tool, same low voltage. It might spice her up, be a little risqué, let someone else take her for a ride.....

or - get rid of her and buy a gun. Guns don't get jelly if you have another gun. They don't care if you buy something really beautiful for them, but then take if off and put it on another gun. The don't even mind if you try your friends gun for a while.

Last edited by Track_Graphics; 09-27-2018 at 06:33 AM. Reason: typo
Track_Graphics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:45 AM   #8
Dread6
BANNED

Bike(s):
2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
With all you've done - it sounds to me like you just don't satisfy her anymore. Next time she's having a good night you should take her out and meet up with others. Maybe you could try swapping. Keep your relationship open and unpredictable rather than the same, tired old room, some tool, same low voltage. It might spice her up, be a little risqué, let someone else take her for a ride.....

or - get rid of her and buy a gun. Guns don't get jelly if you have another gun. They don't care if you buy something really beautiful for them, but then take if off and put it on another gun. The don't even mind if you try your friends gun for a while.
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
See she doesn't mind others try her out, but when I try other bikes that's when we have problems.
Dread6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:25 PM   #9
Dread6
BANNED

Bike(s):
2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Pulled the battery & had it loaded tested, it tested higher than it was rated it.
Reinstalled the battery , checked my connections and she has been firing right up every time since.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:21 PM   #10
Track_Graphics

Sometimes fixing a relationship is as easy as that - Charged batteries to get things "fired right up every time".
Old 10-02-2018, 07:32 PM   #11
Dread6
BANNED

Bike(s):
2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
Sometimes fixing a relationship is as easy as that - Charged batteries to get things "fired right up every time".
are you done man, are you done??

now to just fix the fuel cap, and get the biked tuned and she should be good to go.

Advertisement