MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2018, 06:24 AM   #1
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

When you're an inconsiderate liar...

your baby daddy gets shot and killed.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/public...pace_170174041

"Jacobs parked in the handicap spot, she said, because the parking lot was busy (three open spaces when she pulled up) and they were just stopping for a minute."

CLEARWATER — Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri announced Friday that his agency will not arrest a man deputies say shot and killed another man during an argument over a handicap parking space.

The incident falls under Florida’s self-defense law known as "stand your ground," the sheriff said during a news conference. The law gives immunity to those in fear of their lives who use force to defend themselves.

The shooting "is within the bookends of ‘stand your ground’ and within the bookends of force being justified," the sheriff said, later adding, "I’m not saying I agree with it, but I don’t make that call."

The agency will forward the case to the State Attorney’s Office for a final decision, Gualtieri said.

The confrontation between Michael Drejka, 47, and Markeis McGlockton, 28, took place in a convenience store parking lot Thursday afternoon. According to deputies, Drejka confronted McGlockton’s girlfriend, Britany Jacobs, about parking in a handicap space without a permit.

McGlockton went up to Drejka and "slammed him to the ground," the sheriff said. Drejka, seconds later while still on the ground, pulled out his handgun and shot McGlockton in the chest. The father of three was pronounced dead soon after.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tha devil is a liar sub-par Off Topic 12 03-17-2011 03:36 PM
need help to get a liar on c.l. bluewave18 General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 11-02-2007 09:31 AM
Rick Perry the liar paniro187 The Circus 31 01-07-2007 02:33 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
hondarider77

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6

Send a message via AIM to hondarider77
Good for him!!!! Let that be a lesson to all people that park in handicapped spots that donít belong in them.
hondarider77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-23-2018, 07:59 AM   #3
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

yeah! Finally someone stood up to these people that do that. I see the same thing all the time. You may not think it's a big deal unless you are actually in need for the space. I would totally be fine with the handicap spots in the back of the lot as long as I have the room to get my door opened all the way and I can get my chair in and out of the car. I am not one of those people that have to have a front row parking spot, I just need the room to open the door all the way.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:00 AM   #4
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC
2002 Yamaha WR250
2004 Honda CRF-50

Member Garage

So, I don't agree with the shooting. if some aasshole came and pushed me down to the ground blindsided. And I stared back up and he wasn't holding up weapon, I don't think I could be in fear for my life.

Right?
Old 07-23-2018, 08:03 AM   #5
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
So, I don't agree with the shooting. if some aasshole came and pushed me down to the ground blindsided. And I stared back up and he wasn't holding up weapon, I don't think I could be in fear for my life.

Right?
I don't agree with the shooting either in the video. But it's nice seeing someone else standing up for those of us that can't. Pun intended lol.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:16 AM   #6
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:

Right?
Folks have been beaten to death. Answer when you're 47 and a 28 year old attacks you. Notice the attacker is still moving towards the shooter after he's on the ground.

Last edited by Bevo; 07-23-2018 at 08:18 AM.
Liked this post:
Old 07-23-2018, 08:39 AM   #7
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC
2002 Yamaha WR250
2004 Honda CRF-50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
I don't agree with the shooting either in the video. But it's nice seeing someone else standing up for those of us that can't. Pun intended lol.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:41 AM   #8
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC
2002 Yamaha WR250
2004 Honda CRF-50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Folks have been beaten to death. Answer when you're 47 and a 28 year old attacks you. Notice the attacker is still moving towards the shooter after he's on the ground.
I'm not saying he should be charged with Murder or even Manslaughter, but maybe have a sit down and say "look dude, you can't just kill people for pushing you down."
Old 07-23-2018, 08:45 AM   #9
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
I'm not saying he should be charged with Murder or even Manslaughter, but maybe have a sit down and say "look dude, you can't just kill people for pushing you down."
why not don't want to be killed don't use violence against me. I loathe bullies kill em all. useless vermin.
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:48 AM   #10
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

one thing I don't like is others acting like cops when they are not cops. He should have just reported him.

I remember one time i was in the vette and traffic was bad really bad so I decided to take the chance of getting a ticket and driving on the shoulder. Some asswipe sees me coming and blocks half the shoulder so I can't go by. Who the does did the think he was jonny law or what. I was so mad I forgot my gun that day.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:56 AM   #11
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
one thing I don't like is others acting like cops when they are not cops. He should have just reported him.

I remember one time i was in the vette and traffic was bad really bad so I decided to take the chance of getting a ticket and driving on the shoulder. Some asswipe sees me coming and blocks half the shoulder so I can't go by. Who the does did the think he was jonny law or what. I was so mad I forgot my gun that day.
I remember one time at Yankee's when a dude on a trike cursed at us for parking in a spot he wanted.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:57 AM   #12
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I guess, if it becomes a habit
Old 07-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #13
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
you are the reason I look at that stuff so much differently than i used to. I didn't realize how inaccessible our house was until you can to help with that electrical issue.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-23-2018, 10:13 AM   #14
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC
2002 Yamaha WR250
2004 Honda CRF-50

Member Garage

Quote:
I guess, if it becomes a habit
Old 07-23-2018, 10:26 AM   #15
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
I do not see it that way. I do not see the younger man moving towards the guy on the ground and after the weapon is out he starts backing up.
I do not see the shooting as justified. The older man spends a lot of time chewing on the woman in the parked vehicle, he should have just said something and went on about his business if he was going to get involved at all.
The younger man sees this guy fussing at the woman and the woman getting out of the car. He is defending the woman. He should have just let her whip the nosey buttheads .
Old 07-23-2018, 11:01 AM   #16
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC
2002 Yamaha WR250
2004 Honda CRF-50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
I do not see it that way. I do not see the younger man moving towards the guy on the ground and after the weapon is out he starts backing up.
I do not see the shooting as justified. The older man spends a lot of time chewing on the woman in the parked vehicle, he should have just said something and went on about his business if he was going to get involved at all.
The younger man sees this guy fussing at the woman and the woman getting out of the car. He is defending the woman. He should have just let her whip the nosey buttheads .
Yup, the young guy was backing up before he was shot.

Had he not have been shot, I'd have him charged with assault. You can go around touchin people just because they are "harassing a woman", especially, since she parked in a handicap zone.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:03 AM   #17
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Dude, I posted that "the attacker is still moving towards the shooter after he's on the ground." The attacker stops as the shooter pulls his weapon. Watch it on a large screen, not a smart phone.

The attacker could have defended her with words instead of getting physical.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:04 AM   #18
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Yup, the young guy was backing up before he was shot.

Had he not have been shot, I'd have him charged with assault. You can go around touchin people just because they are "harassing a woman", especially, since she parked in a handicap zone.
I really don't think it was a good shoot by the way the laws are written. He should have just leg shot him.

But I guess you shouldn't assault someone these days because you can be shot for it.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:18 AM   #19
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

I still do not see that the younger man was continuing aggression.
I think the older man should not have shot him as I see it. If he had continued forward and became a continued threat, then it could be argued that the older man was in fear of his life. He comes across to me as an arrogant hat minding other folks business...
it could also be wondered about if he would have said anything at all if the younger lady in the car had been white, much less continued with the lengthy chewing.
I also think that had the older man not shot him, the younger man should be charged with assault. There were several mis-steps here, first the older man was out of line in his continued behavior towards the younger woman.
Second the younger man should not have blind sided the older man and pushed him down, and then IMO, the older man should not have shot...
I am not saying that under the law there, the older man should be charged...it seems IMO that the sheriff is correct, it does meet the minimum standards of the law.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:25 AM   #20
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I still do not see that the younger man was continuing aggression.
I think the older man should not have shot him as I see it. If he had continued forward and became a continued threat, then it could be argued that the older man was in fear of his life. He comes across to me as an arrogant hit minding other folks business...
it could also be wondered about if he would have said anything at all if the younger lady in the car had been white.
I also think that had the older man not shot him, the younger man should be charged with assault. There were several mis-steps here, first the older man was out of line in his continued behavior towards the younger woman.
Second the younger man should not have blind sided the older man and pushed him down, and then IMO, the older man should not have shot...
I am not saying that under the law there, the older man should be charged...it seems IMO that the sheriff is correct, it does meet the minimum standards of the law.
You don't see that the attacker is still moving forward after he pushes the shooter and when he hits the ground? It looks to you that the attacker stops all forward motion after the push?

In Florida you're not required to retreat if attacked. That's why there has been no arrest. Stand your ground also protects you from civil suites.

Advertisement