MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2018, 01:26 PM   #21
trunxgp1224

Feedback Rating: (0)

Just an update. Switched electricity today and I went the hard way to be a guinea pig

Centerpoints true cost gave me a very limited plan selection and their final pricing is confusing when comparing other services because centerpoint includes the taxes in with the adjusted final cost. This is remedied if you look up the particular plan elsewhere or run the numbers from the EFL to compare just the energy usage costs.

RealSimpleEnergy.com They made it easy to look for a plan based on entering in my electric usage. I used the data from center point which is the days of the month and not the billing cycle if you used your bills, another way to keep it even. The only problem with RSE is they only show you 3 plans; 6 month, 12 month and 100% renewable but it did pull up one of the lowest cost plans I found elsewhere, within 1/10th of a cent.

TexasPowerGuide.com This ended up being the best one to use and then base everything else off of. I entered my historical usage (again from Centerpoint, not my bills) and it sorted most of the energy companies. Like all of the sites I used, all of them omitted some companies for whatever reason but on this site they were ones out of the top ten in price so it didn't really matter.

After this I took the Energy Facts Label from the top 5 or so on each site and plugged the numbers into my own spreadsheet that could break down the monthly numbers and I could ensure the credits were being applied correctly. This is also where I compared the two independent sites to Centerpoint without the taxes added in.

If I renewed my current plan it'd be $3,199 for the 32,267 kWh used last year.
CenterPoint $2,535
Real Simple Energy $2,550
Texas Power Guide $2,471 / $2,516

I actually didn't end up with the $2,471 plan TPG recommended from Infuse Energy because the Facts Label was so confusing that even entering it line by line i couldn't make heads or tails and some of the numbers weren't even listed, it just referred me to another website to get the data, that didn't sit well with me so I went with the next one up for a whole $45 more a year.

Bottom Line: Log into Centerpoint to get your usage numbers and enter the info into each of the three websites, take the cheapest plan for the timeframe you're looking for and ensure the EFL is readable in English and you're comfortable with it. If all three are straight forward then enroll in the cheapest one.

For Bevo: All of the plans I looked at were introduced less than a week ago, the one I enrolled in was released 9/16. So no one cares what your energy cost you when you signed up X months ago because plans change every day and what was available to me when this thread started is nowhere to be found today.
trunxgp1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post: