MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2020, 09:51 AM   #21
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrosteen View Post
Did you miss the post with a picture of the title in it? I do have the title, and I asked for advice on the best way to get it transferred into my name.

What I didn't ask for is someone to come along and tell me the car is probably stolen, it's a pile shyte, to tell the guy to give my money back(not going to happen, dude is broke and prob spent it), assume I never looked at the title before buying it, ect.

I asked if there was some workaround to get the title in my name without getting it bonded, and I happen to think there probably is.

So thanks for offering nothing but trash talk I suppose.
To be fair, you have A title, but since it was never transferred to the seller's name, it isnt really a valid title. I think it is on the up-and-up, but when it comes to legal docs, technicalities tend to have more gravity.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In need of some advice getting title for my bike D00GIE General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 08-14-2015 11:37 AM
Internet guru's help upononer6 Off Topic 27 02-21-2013 08:07 AM
Buying bike w/ no Title..advice? CDN_bacon General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 08-23-2012 02:20 AM
All you camera guru's please look ELSpurgeO Off Topic 26 02-04-2012 07:26 AM
computer guru's please help bc6140 Off Topic 9 09-01-2010 07:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2020, 12:27 PM   #22
TrollBrosteen
ludibrium verius foramin

Dude finally got back to me this morning saying he's sorry for the late reply and that he just followed up with the dealer and is waiting to hear back.

Get the feeling I'm just wasting my time with this guy. Pretty sure he's going to F around trying to pin down the dealer and the dealer isn't going to go thru with it. I guess I'll give him a few more hours before heading over to the DMV.
TrollBrosteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:33 PM   #23
norsamerican

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Triumph Thruxton R
Daytona 675R

Didn't mean to come across that way. I get you are frustrated because you are dealing with an incompetent seller and posted here looking for advice. Next time ill answer with a simple "No"
norsamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:58 PM   #24
TrollBrosteen
ludibrium verius foramin

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsamerican View Post
Didn't mean to come across that way. I get you are frustrated because you are dealing with an incompetent seller and posted here looking for advice. Next time ill answer with a simple "No"
I guess I don't even understand how this happened in the first place.
Who owns the car according to the photo I posted? Is it GH Motors LLC? I'm trying to find them online, but I don't see any in TX with that name. I searched taxable entities and came up with nothing.

Anyhow, assuming GH Motors sold him the car, how did he get possession of the title? I thought that when a dealer sells a car, they have to send everything off and you never get the title from them.

I mean is there no way at all on my end to avoid bonded title at this point? Seems like I could just write it up like I purchased from GH Motors and send it in or something. That or maybe find a title agent who could figure something out...
Old 11-20-2020, 01:21 PM   #25
TrollBrosteen
ludibrium verius foramin

Nigerian just called again. Asked me to be patient and said not to get a bonded title that's a waste of money.
Said he sells cars as a side hustle and is 100% sure he can get it straightened out.
Said he is waiting on the dealer he got it from(his friend) to send him their dealer number, then he is going to send me to a lady he knows that can inspect the car and file everything for 25 dollars, so I assume she is a title agent or something.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:15 PM   #26
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000

I know money is tight, and youre out there hustling for a buck these days. That being said, at some point you have to wonder if your time isnt worth more than the time and hassle of dealing with like this (trying to find the cheapest route to do things). To me, saving like $75-$100 wouldnt me worth my time in dealing with all this quasi-shady nonsense. Combined with the opportunity cost of not being out there making more money because youre around with all this. Just my $.02.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #27
TrollBrosteen
ludibrium verius foramin

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
I know money is tight, and youre out there hustling for a buck these days. That being said, at some point you have to wonder if your time isnt worth more than the time and hassle of dealing with like this (trying to find the cheapest route to do things). To me, saving like $75-$100 wouldnt me worth my time in dealing with all this quasi-shady nonsense. Combined with the opportunity cost of not being out there making more money because youre around with all this. Just my $.02.
So you are saying you'd just get a bonded title and be done with it?

Believe it or not, it's really not about the money. I just prefer to have a title that doesn't have a "bonded" stamp on it. The original idea was to buy a sub 2000 dollar vehicle, drive it until the wheels fall off, then at that point I'll know if this handyman business is going to be more permanent. I could then sell the van for 500-1000 and get a nicer work vehicle at that point.
I'm afraid that with a bonded title, I either won't be able to sell it, or would have to basically give it away.

It's going to carry the bonded stamp for at least three years, and I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that some major issues with the van could come up before them, prompting me to sell it VS spend more than I paid for it on repairs.

As far as time goes, it's me having to make two more trips to the DMV/tag office(and shop around for a surety bond), VS meeting whatever lady he is talking about and getting it all done with her.

However, it would also be nice to avoid some quasi-shady nigerian title transfer lol
Old 11-20-2020, 03:34 PM   #28
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrosteen View Post
So you are saying you'd just get a bonded title and be done with it?

Believe it or not, it's really not about the money. I just prefer to have a title that doesn't have a "bonded" stamp on it. The original idea was to buy a sub 2000 dollar vehicle, drive it until the wheels fall off, then at that point I'll know if this handyman business is going to be more permanent. I could then sell the van for 500-1000 and get a nicer work vehicle at that point.
I'm afraid that with a bonded title, I either won't be able to sell it, or would have to basically give it away.

It's going to carry the bonded stamp for at least three years, and I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that some major issues with the van could come up before them, prompting me to sell it VS spend more than I paid for it on repairs.

As far as time goes, it's me having to make two more trips to the DMV/tag office(and shop around for a surety bond), VS meeting whatever lady he is talking about and getting it all done with her.

However, it would also be nice to avoid some quasi-shady nigerian title transfer lol
I would have just gotten the bonded title. I dont even know how selling the vehicle with it still being bonded would work, but bonded > salvage. I dont see bonded as an issue, really. It's just procedural.
Liked this post:
Old 11-22-2020, 08:46 AM   #29
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2007 BMW K1200S
1983 Kawasaki KZ750L3
1994 Honda Shadow VT600C
1995 Yamaha FJ1100
FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
I'm guessing next time you will be patient and keep looking, until you find something in your budget with a clean blue title...

This sale is as shady as buying Jordans from a sketchy guy, in an alley, off Bourbon st
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?

Formally - Toe
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 02:40 PM   #30
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Dude Nigerians are the worst scam artist out there no joke. For what itís worth cops arenít really pulling people over for tags right now cause the registrations offices are still closed ( at least in Montgomery county) so why not just drive it till you get the ticket and than take care of it, could be six months lol.

Also tell me again why you canít just forge a sig on the title you have? those tax collectors.

RTT for life !
Old 11-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #31
TrollBrosteen
ludibrium verius foramin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
Also tell me again why you canít just forge a sig on the title you have? those tax collectors.
Now we're getting in the neighborhood of actually answering the question in my OP. How do I fill the title out at this point to make it look like I purchased it from the last dealer on the title? Do I just sign and print where it's currently blank on the signature line, or do I need to fill out more somewhere?
Old 11-22-2020, 08:42 PM   #32
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Well I think all you need to do is sign the title as the buyer , but you also need a title transfer form signed by the seller/dealer, so go pick that up , lay it over the title where the signature needs to be and trace it for the seller spot and you are good. The grumpy old ladies at the registration office canít challenge your moral character, ask me how I know.
Done
Old 11-22-2020, 09:05 PM   #33
TrollBrosteen
ludibrium verius foramin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
Well I think all you need to do is sign the title as the buyer , but you also need a title transfer form signed by the seller/dealer, so go pick that up , lay it over the title where the signature needs to be and trace it for the seller spot and you are good. The grumpy old ladies at the registration office canít challenge your moral character, ask me how I know.
Done
That was my original thought, but there's a couple things I'm not 100% on. For reference here is the title again:

Am I correct in thinking that GH Motors is the current owner?

In other words, by signing below as the "buyer", would it appear that I purchased it from GH motors? Or would it just look like I am affiliated with GH Motors?

Another problems is that I don't have any info to fill out for the address of GH motors on the title transfer form. There's no company in Texas called "GH Motors LLC". The Nigerian did tell me that his dealer friend that he needed the dealer number form was in AZ. However, the only thing I can find is AZ is "GH Auto Consultants".

As you've probably guessed, I've yet to hear back from the Nigerian.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:06 PM   #34
TrollBrosteen
ludibrium verius foramin

Oh and one more thing: Wouldn't it seem odd that I am at the tag office getting a title transferred for a car I got from a dealer? Aren't they required to mail it all in?

Advertisement