MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2020, 09:28 AM   #1
DarkTecky

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 400

Exhaust Opinions Needed

I've been looking to replace the stock exhaust in my Ninja 400 for a long time,. I for sure wanted a slip-on exhaust, something LOUD, and something that cost me $300 max. Obviously I plan to save up for it because I want to get a decent quality exhaust that will definitely last me, I want this to be my first and last exhaust purchase.

After some research, I was deadset on getting the Hindle EVO Megaphone, which was the loudest one I could find in my price range:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ninja-400-2018

Decent quality and just the sound I was looking for.

However, my friend told me that the Hindle one was EXCESSSIVELY loud, I want to be loud, but not TOO obnoxious. So I was given some suggestions to check out the brand "DanMoto", he said that their exhausts are much cheaper and just about the same quality. So the one I ended up looking at was the Danmoto MK2 Slip-On:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-400-2018-2020

I realize this was more ideal as it was:
1. Cheaper than the Hindle
2. Slimmer/more low profile/lighter than the Hindle, something that I realized I wanted as well
3. Maybe just as loud as a Hindle.
4. Has a mostly black/carbon finish compared to the mostly silver Hindle

However, like previously mentioned, I wanted something that would LAST me, and be good quality. After reading the reviews for the Danmoto, many people said they received broken/worn parts and others had to makeshift the mounting as they did not provide the correct mounting. Other than that, the exhaust was still fairly good and loud.

This took me to finding the next exhaust, the LeoVince GP Corsa EVO:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ninja-400-z400

Also very loud as well, slim profile, and carbon/black color that I prefer. However it is closer to the price to the upper-range Hindle. Though this is probably a given considering it is the well-known brand name of Leo Vince.

So now for my final dilemma. Should I save a bit of money and go for the Danmoto exhaust, and risk the possibility that it MAY not last me as long or be as good quality. OR, should I dish out the extra $100 and go for the LeoVince? What do you guys know about the brand/quality? Would it REALLY be worth the price? And would it be louder by any chance due to the inrease in quality? Thanks for your time.
DarkTecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please read, opinions needed dudewhrsmybike General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 05-29-2012 06:29 AM
Welders - Look Here! Opinions Needed! Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 02-25-2009 09:37 AM
Opinions Needed!!!!! LivInG lYfE General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 10-03-2008 05:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2020, 03:07 PM   #2
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "

Welcome to the forum.
If you are only looking into the sound, go with the cheapest but if you are looking into the performance, go with full exhaust and you will feel the difference.
Keep in mind that you may need to tune your bike again, after installing the canister, and for sure if you install the full exhaust.
What I have experienced, it was a millisecond throttle hesitation when replacing the canister on my 06 600GSXR and to fix it, I had to install a Dynojet mapping to tell the Bike computer that now the bike has an aftermarket slip-on and air filter.
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-25-2020, 03:57 PM   #3
daremoride

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Honda Reflex
Kymco people s250
Suzuki burgman 400
Kymco Downtown 300

I read on ninja forums about the Coffman exhaust just google slip on for ninja and go to ninja forums. The Leo Vince was rated good too
daremoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-26-2020, 07:37 AM   #4
DarkTecky

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 400

Slip-On Exhausts, Not Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
Welcome to the forum.
If you are only looking into the sound, go with the cheapest but if you are looking into the performance, go with full exhaust and you will feel the difference.
Keep in mind that you may need to tune your bike again, after installing the canister, and for sure if you install the full exhaust.
What I have experienced, it was a millisecond throttle hesitation when replacing the canister on my 06 600GSXR and to fix it, I had to install a Dynojet mapping to tell the Bike computer that now the bike has an aftermarket slip-on and air filter.
Thanks for the input, however, they are ALL slip-on exhausts, none of them are full system. I mainly needed guidance on if one slip-on is truly better than the cheaper one, or would its quality affect more than just sound, such as better performance?
DarkTecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-26-2020, 09:19 AM   #5
Rod

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTecky View Post
Thanks for the input, however, they are ALL slip-on exhausts, none of them are full system. I mainly needed guidance on if one slip-on is truly better than the cheaper one, or would its quality affect more than just sound, such as better performance?
Yes it will change from one to another as far as sound, performance and final product quality IMO.
They made these aftermarkets products not just for looks and sound.
It's mostly designed with the TRACK/RACE use purpose to get better performance.

Here is what I found to give you an idea.
Here it's only showing the two brother slip-on but you can see the gain in performance
Click image for larger version

Name:	400 Exhaust.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	105339

Here is a website I found with some good info about the subject.
https://www.norton-motorsports.com/

P.S. You will need to take your bike into the shop to get it DYNO tuned after installing the canister or full system to maximize the performance.
CMRA#672
Liked this post:
Old 02-27-2020, 11:10 AM   #6
Oskar_Z28

Bike(s):
15 GROM
17 FZ10

I've always had good experience with M4 - They are in Dallas so you're supporting Texas business. Had their pipe on my SV - good deep sound; GROM - loud; and FZ10 - really deep sound, makes the crossplane I-4 sound even better (also came with a baffle to make it more quiet).
Oskar_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-27-2020, 11:14 AM   #7
Rod

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskar_Z28 View Post
I've always had good experience with M4 - They are in Dallas so you're supporting Texas business. Had their pipe on my SV - good deep sound; GROM - loud; and FZ10 - really deep sound, makes the crossplane I-4 sound even better (also came with a baffle to make it more quiet).
I'm a fan of M4 myself but I was actually very impress to see how much gain the "two brothers" slip-on is given compared to all full systems...
CMRA#672
Liked this post:
Old 02-27-2020, 01:30 PM   #8
TaiMc

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTecky View Post
I've been looking to replace the stock exhaust in my Ninja 400 for a long time,. I for sure wanted a slip-on exhaust, something LOUD, and something that cost me $300 max...Also very loud as well, slim profile, and carbon/black color that I prefer...
Hey You! Glad to see you on this forum as well. I had the same concerns you have regarding the Ninja 400. I searched for months before I went with the Two Brothers Racing S1R Black Series (Carbon) Slip on.

I installed it myself and it was super simple! The only major issue I had was removing the stock exhaust (needed a lot of elbow grease). Anyway, here are pics of my can on my bike and I've also included a video of what the muffler sounds like. IT is extremely loud as I do not have a baffle, however, no one looks at me with disgust when I ride by so I don't think it's loud enough to annoy others. I do prefer to ride with earplugs because of the loudness.

I've also included another video of how the bike sounds at highway speed. Hope this helps!

- Tai

TBR S1R Pics: https://www.motohouston.com/forums/a...p?albumid=1417

Finished bike w/TBR S1R: https://www.motohouston.com/forums/a...pictureid=7358

Surface road sound (Fast forward to 1:55 in the video):

Highway sound (acceleration in speed @1:58):
Mods: Two Brothers Racing S1R Black Series:Carbon fiber Slip-on (Album), ZeroGravity Racing Corsa "Light Smoke" screen (Album), LED Glow lighting kit (green-16 strips, Album), Puig sport foot pegs:Green (Album), TechSpec USA tank grips (Album), Modified "trunk space" (Album); Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit (DIY Thread)/Album)
TaiMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:43 PM   #9
TaiMc

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT

Member Garage

Quote:
...P.S. You will need to take your bike into the shop to get it DYNO tuned after installing the canister or full system to maximize the performance.
I called TBR and asked if I needed to get a tune with their Slip on and I was told I did not. I've been riding with it for a over a year now and no issues.
Mods: Two Brothers Racing S1R Black Series:Carbon fiber Slip-on (Album), ZeroGravity Racing Corsa "Light Smoke" screen (Album), LED Glow lighting kit (green-16 strips, Album), Puig sport foot pegs:Green (Album), TechSpec USA tank grips (Album), Modified "trunk space" (Album); Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit (DIY Thread)/Album)
TaiMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-27-2020, 06:48 PM   #10
Oskar_Z28

Bike(s):
15 GROM
17 FZ10

Quote:
I'm a fan of M4 myself but I was actually very impress to see how much gain the "two brothers" slip-on is given compared to all full systems...
I've had 2bros on my old SV, but it was full system. Good one too. I completely forgot about this....it's been over 10 years ago though.
Oskar_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-28-2020, 09:08 AM   #11
Rod

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiMc View Post
I called TBR and asked if I needed to get a tune with their Slip on and I was told I did not. I've been riding with it for a over a year now and no issues.
good to hear.
what it usually happened was the throttle not been 100% responsive.
I would say a millisecond hesitation enough to upset the suspension in mid turn, when you are in full lean and committed to the turn.
please take in consideration that it has been a very long time since my last street ride, and at the track, usually I'm either on my limit or the bike limit.
CMRA#672
Liked this post:
Old 02-28-2020, 09:36 AM   #12
Miloman

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 50
Bugatti veyron ss (sold)
Dodge Tomahawk (sold)
Ducati desmosedici RR (sold)
MTT turbine bike (sold)

My zx6r really woke up with a two bro’s slip on, air filter/airbox mod and a juice box pro. Went 6.6’s a few times in the 8th mile at Houston raceway park with stock gearing and a 200lb rider (me). Some dudes out there couldn’t get there liter bikes to the line that quick lol
Miloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-28-2020, 10:11 AM   #13
Miloman

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 50
Bugatti veyron ss (sold)
Dodge Tomahawk (sold)
Ducati desmosedici RR (sold)
MTT turbine bike (sold)

Edit: I have the two bro’s juice box , not the juice box pro. They are different
Miloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement