MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Have you seen the Prickster/Pester Stuntard?

MH Detectives,
After some discussions with OG MH crew we have determined we would like to know the whereabouts of the Prickster Stunttard. The bike was built by Rick (Prickster) sometime around 2012 than sold to Griff. I purchased the bike from Griff and than detonated the motor and sold it to Pester. While Pester owned it he was having it re-built but than passed away . I was curoious what happened to the bike in his passing, as I understand the motor was fully re-built by someone on this board who may still own it. This bike has a long history on MH and is somewhat of a unicorn in its rarity.
Have you seen this bike, any information will be treated with confidentiality!

Previous History:
https://www.motohouston.com/forums/s...ight=stunttard

Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMC Prickster Motard or StuntTard Prickster Motorcycles For Sale 44 02-07-2014 03:47 PM
PESTER evobusa7 Off Topic 27 10-01-2009 08:36 PM
HEY PESTER!!! Brena23 Off Topic 19 08-11-2009 06:49 PM
Hey Pester Look ! lanzer913 Off Topic 18 07-30-2009 02:17 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2020, 01:05 PM   #2
40acres

Feedback Rating: (0)

Oh man this post brought back some memories. I shall partake in the amazing hot sauce I still have from Glenn on one of his trips back home.

I was the one who rebuilt the motor on that bike, along with a laundry list of other jerry-rigged BS. The wiring job still gives me nightmares to this day. It took a while, but she cleaned up nicely.

I still had that bike in my possession when Glenn passed away as I had finally completed it a few weeks prior. He was supposed to be back in town that Tuesday and was going to pick it up. I knew something wasn't right when I hadn't heard from him by Thursday. That is when I was directed here by another member and saw the news. I still have our WhatsApp conversation that I can't bring myself to delete.

I ended up getting in contact with his older brother, who was looking for the bike at the time. His younger brother always talked with Glenn about the bike and every update I sent, he shared with him. After his passing, his younger brother wanted the bike as a memento because Glenn was always so excited about it. The older brother picked it up, we chatted for a few hours and shared stories, then the bike left for Mexico.

I still wonder to this day how that bike is doing. This post was a great reminder and I think I might reach out and see if he's interested in selling it. Feel free to shoot me a PM for any questions about the bike as I basically framed it and rebuilt from there.
40acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-04-2020, 09:17 PM   #3
TomballD

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

man this is the info I was looking for , thanks for the confirmation! I hope this thing is ripping wheelies in the real Mexico in Pesters honor! This thing was truly a unicorn, even if it was a dirty beast, one of a kind like Glenn Crunchy foot Pester himself!
Old 02-05-2020, 04:31 PM   #4
TomballD

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40acres View Post
Oh man this post brought back some memories. I shall partake in the amazing hot sauce I still have from Glenn on one of his trips back home.

I was the one who rebuilt the motor on that bike, along with a laundry list of other jerry-rigged BS. The wiring job still gives me nightmares to this day. It took a while, but she cleaned up nicely.

I still had that bike in my possession when Glenn passed away as I had finally completed it a few weeks prior. He was supposed to be back in town that Tuesday and was going to pick it up. I knew something wasn't right when I hadn't heard from him by Thursday. That is when I was directed here by another member and saw the news. I still have our WhatsApp conversation that I can't bring myself to delete.

I ended up getting in contact with his older brother, who was looking for the bike at the time. His younger brother always talked with Glenn about the bike and every update I sent, he shared with him. After his passing, his younger brother wanted the bike as a memento because Glenn was always so excited about it. The older brother picked it up, we chatted for a few hours and shared stories, then the bike left for Mexico.

I still wonder to this day how that bike is doing. This post was a great reminder and I think I might reach out and see if he's interested in selling it. Feel free to shoot me a PM for any questions about the bike as I basically framed it and rebuilt from there.
Did you put some miles on it, what were your thoughts if so?
Old 02-06-2020, 07:03 PM   #5
40acres

That thing was a roached out bucket of f**k and I can tell you without a doubt I would never let any one of you previous owners work on my lawnmower. I mean that in the nicest way possible, but I promised myself I was going to be a lot more honest in 2020 and I've been holding that one in for a few years now.

The original build was a dope/unique idea, but that thing was thrown together with Home Depot screws and 10 rolls of electrical tape.

Once we finished it, she was definitely an absolute monster, but it was a rolling chassis and a few boxes of parts when I got it. We went fresh on everything, top to bottom and it made a huge difference. From the dry rotting brake lines that sweat out brake fluid down to the tires, she was fresh. We did eliminate all the stunt on it aside from the subframe though. That was actually the next planned phase was to put an OEM subframe back on it with exhaust and updated lighting, but we never made it there if you know what I mean. I'm almost certain Glenn would have never ridden it once he got it back. It made some INSANE power. The story was that his little brother wanted to "learn how to ride" with it in Glenn's honor. I'm hoping he can still walk at the moment because that was definitely not a beginner machine, lol.
40acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:44 AM   #6
TomballD

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

I can appreciate your honesty and descriptive terms lol! Me being the middle man all I did was ride it and give the connecting rod a nice 90 degree bend. I had alot of issues with it as well in the short year I owned it, the tubeless tires were replaced with a tube since they wouldnt hold air, kick stand hardware couldnt be found, fork seals were , it was definitely rode hard and put away wet when Griff bought it from Rick and Griff didnt touch it either. Even when I rode it, it was a monster 3rd and 4th gear wheelies were no problem, thing was just insane. I couldnt imagine anyone without a serious skill level even attempt to start much less ride it confidently. I think Rick did a great job on the build, it was the details and execution much like every other custom it had its flaws. One thing was sure, I never got off that bike without a eating grin, and never failed to wheelie it every chance I had. When I got it Griff told me the bike was solid, but in fact it had skipped a few teeth of timing, and the rings were bad as it was smoking from day one, so I just rode it till it grenaded.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:02 AM   #7
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

Lol, it for sure looked like a stunt bike.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:29 PM   #8
TomballD

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

nothing more nothing less, I miss that bike.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:34 AM   #9
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
wow. Brings back memories of Pester. RIP bro.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post: