MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2017, 11:04 PM   #1
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC
2002 Yamaha WR250
2004 Honda CRF-50

Member Garage

Why 2 NW meets tonight?!?!

Seems we split people up.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any bike meets tonight? SimplyJay Events, Meets and Rides 3 06-03-2014 09:52 PM
ANY MEETS TONIGHT... CBRKID10 Events, Meets and Rides 0 04-09-2011 10:40 AM
??? any SE meets tonight ??? GSXRCoastie Events, Meets and Rides 4 07-29-2010 06:12 PM
any meets tonight dominic0659 Events, Meets and Rides 27 07-12-2010 09:10 PM
any meets tonight? wednesday aug 16? houseofpaint Events, Meets and Rides 48 08-20-2006 08:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2017, 11:11 PM   #2
MaxGs
Veritas Aequitas

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
BMW GS Adventure

The Twin Peaks meet was not organized by any of the NW people who put together the NW meets. Great to have another meet; but it wasn't a NW meet.

So, there was a NW meet and the Trunx meet at Twin Peaks. Both happened on monday night.

You'll probably remember the NW meet was organized by Rallo for a very long time and attended by many of the same ppl week after week. He's got things going on right now and can't organize so its been floating between a few other NW people in the interim.

Last edited by MaxGs; 07-17-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:14 PM   #3
Shuhboogie
and his limp member

Bike(s):
'73 CB350FOUR
'11 CBR250R
'14 Interceptor
'17 CRF250 Rally

As I stated initially in the TP thread, I was not going to put myself on that part of 290, on a bike, after dark. We lost two good people in that stretch of road less than a year ago.
Liked this post:
Old 07-17-2017, 11:16 PM   #4
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC
2002 Yamaha WR250
2004 Honda CRF-50

Member Garage

. Rallo. Yeah that was a while back.

Well, the meets that trunx is trying to set up was something that we at MH are backing him to get going. Would have been nice to have each a good showing for the first one at least. The next one will be at another location and it will keep moving around to many of the other twin peaks. But tonight was the first.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:19 PM   #5
Ek

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
KTM 525sx tard
Z125 Pro
TTR125 Mini Tard
KTM 300sx

I read something about douchebags and some such nonsense.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:24 PM   #6
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC
2002 Yamaha WR250
2004 Honda CRF-50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek View Post
I read something about douchebags and some such nonsense.
Something about every douchebag at each meet need to grow up, and get along. Also, as most know, people at meets get along way better than online.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:41 PM   #7
Shuhboogie
and his limp member

Bike(s):
'73 CB350FOUR
'11 CBR250R
'14 Interceptor
'17 CRF250 Rally

Something else to think about. The locations being chosen may make some decide not to go. The NW side has had members show up with their families. Not to mention our lady members may not be comfortable in that environment.
To make this work and work well you need to consider everyone that may want to attend. Not just what works well for the guys.
Liked this post:
Old 07-17-2017, 11:58 PM   #8
MiniG0D
Teknulogicuhly Challunged

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2008 600RR Graffiti Edition

Also something to think about is there has been a long standing NW meet on Monday nights. That Twin Peaks meet could have been held on a Wednesday and then attendance would have not been split up.

If whomever wanted to replace the existing Monday night NW meet, wouldn't it have been a good idea to at least get the buy-in from the NW attendees?

But yes I also agree with the others above. I like Twin Peaks in general but that is not a safe part of town, it's a PITA to get to, and honestly it's kind of far from where we usually hold our meets

Telling people it's MotoHouston backed isn't how you get people to go... the way it went down was exactly the reason why so many people intentionally did not go to it...
Old 07-18-2017, 10:07 AM   #9
trunxgp1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuhboogie View Post
Something else to think about. The locations being chosen may make some decide not to go. The NW side has had members show up with their families. Not to mention our lady members may not be comfortable in that environment.
To make this work and work well you need to consider everyone that may want to attend. Not just what works well for the guys.
Plenty of families show up to Twin peaks, there were two different families of 6+ that rolled up in minivans with kids while we were there. The complaints of service are few from what I hear and the food is actually good, try the chicken fried steak/chicken or any of the burgers/sandwiches.

I can honestly say I've never met a woman that was uncomfortable at a Twin Peaks environment even with her children present, and judging from the picture deleted from the baker st thread I wouldn't say anyone who showed up to that meet would be uncomfortable seeing some skin either.

If you all don't like the location, that's fine. If y'all don't like me or whoever else showed up to the meet I don't know why and I don't know what to tell you all. I've heard it's flip-flop, but every meet I've been to where he shows up he doesn't seem to anyone off and he gets along. It's sounds like more drama than anything

Why was it on a Monday? Most everyone I’ve talked to from the N/W side prefer meets on Mondays compared to other days. The people on the S/E side seem to prefer Wednesday. I’ve been asked to put on another one this next Monday there again by all 6 people that showed up, so I will. Feel free to show up and take the back roads to avoid parts of 290. If no one else shows up that’s fine, nothing stops a group of people from getting together where ever your click wants to go.

If you don’t want to show up to the one next week at 290 perhaps you’ll show up to the one on the 31st at either I10/Kirkwoord or Shenandoah (haven’t figured out which one will host us) If no one shows up to either it tells me it's more about your click and claiming the title of "NW meet" rather than showing up to meets and meeting people And again based on the comments posted in the baker st thread about "the real NW meet" it seems people are more concerned about a title than actually meeting up with other MH members.

As I said before, we're all adults, lets drop the drama of "F those guys this is our NW meet" and just show up to have some drinks and eat some food and hang out.
Liked this post:
Old 07-18-2017, 10:14 AM   #10
MaxGs
Veritas Aequitas

Bike(s):
BMW GS Adventure

Pick a different day. We having a standing NW meet on Monday evenings. Maybe even come to meet the people?
Liked this post:
Old 07-18-2017, 10:19 AM   #11
Kacfiz
The Kac

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1990 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6D (Sold)
2013 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunxgp1224 View Post
Plenty of families show up to Twin peaks, there were two different families of 6+ that rolled up in minivans with kids while we were there. The complaints of service are few from what I hear and the food is actually good, try the chicken fried steak/chicken or any of the burgers/sandwiches.

I can honestly say I've never met a woman that was uncomfortable at a Twin Peaks environment even with her children present, and judging from the picture deleted from the baker st thread I wouldn't say anyone who showed up to that meet would be uncomfortable seeing some skin either.

If you all don't like the location, that's fine. If y'all don't like me or whoever else showed up to the meet I don't know why and I don't know what to tell you all. I've heard it's flip-flop, but every meet I've been to where he shows up he doesn't seem to anyone off and he gets along. It's sounds like more drama than anything

Why was it on a Monday? Most everyone Iíve talked to from the N/W side prefer meets on Mondays compared to other days. The people on the S/E side seem to prefer Wednesday. Iíve been asked to put on another one this next Monday there again by all 6 people that showed up, so I will. Feel free to show up and take the back roads to avoid parts of 290. If no one else shows up thatís fine, nothing stops a group of people from getting together where ever your click wants to go.

If you donít want to show up to the one next week at 290 perhaps youíll show up to the one on the 31st at either I10/Kirkwoord or Shenandoah (havenít figured out which one will host us) If no one shows up to either it tells me it's more about your click and claiming the title of "NW meet" rather than showing up to meets and meeting people And again based on the comments posted in the baker st thread about "the real NW meet" it seems people are more concerned about a title than actually meeting up with other MH members.

As I said before, we're all adults, lets drop the drama of "F those guys this is our NW meet" and just show up to have some drinks and eat some food and hang out.
This x1000
Old 07-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #12
trunxgp1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGs View Post
Pick a different day. We having a standing NW meet on Monday evenings. Maybe even come to meet the people?
I didn't see anything posted before I made the thread, and looking back at previous threads it seemed people didn't know who was going to make a thread for the 17th.

Feel free to stretch your legs and come out next monday. As I said in my last post, every one seems to want Mondays. Why make a thread/meet on a day no one wants?

I'm seriously not trying to troll or anyone off. Just come out and have fun
Old 07-18-2017, 10:31 AM   #13
MaxGs
Veritas Aequitas

Bike(s):
BMW GS Adventure

Quote:

Why was it on a Monday? Most everyone Iíve talked to from the N/W side prefer meets on Mondays compared to other days. The people on the S/E side seem to prefer Wednesday. Iíve been asked to put on another one this next Monday there again by all 6 people that showed up, so I will. Feel free to show up and take the back roads to avoid parts of 290. If no one else shows up thatís fine, nothing stops a group of people from getting together where ever your click wants to go.
Of course people on the NW will say Monday, we've had a standing NW Monday meet that has been going on for years.

The issue here is stepping on the existing meet without any discussion with the people that attend that meet.

Its not rocket science.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:43 AM   #14
Kacfiz
The Kac

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1990 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6D (Sold)
2013 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius

Quote:
Of course people on the NW will say Monday, we've had a standing NW Monday meet that has been going on for years.

The issue here is stepping on the existing meet without any discussion with the people that attend that meet.

Its not rocket science.
You're right it's not rocket science.

Anyone can start a meet at any time and location if they choose to. End of discussion
Liked this post:
Old 07-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #15
Flip Flop

Member Garage

Just call it something besides "NW meet" so we can all move on with our lives.

I mean it's pretty close to the loop you could try central. Or just "motorcycle meet", or maybe even "meet on 290"

Last edited by Flip Flop; 07-18-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Liked this post:
Old 07-18-2017, 10:48 AM   #16
trunxgp1224

Quote:

Its not rocket science.
No one posted anything and looking back, no one seemed to know what was going on. If your feelings were hurt you or anyone else could have messaged me, no one did. Instead there was a mob mentality about the issue. I'm not here to argue, if you don't want to show up to a meet someone else plans, then don't. But if someone doesn't show up to a meet because someone else organized it, well that's just foolish. Perhaps I'm mistaken, I thought the idea was to get people together, not establish superiority over a region of Houston metro to claim to any one person or click.

For future reference all of the North/West meets will be on a Monday, because again no one is going to plan a meet on a day no one wants. All of the South/East meets will most likely be planned on Wednesday because again, that's when people seem to want it.

The food is good at Twin Peaks. No one seemed to take issue to people hiking their skirts at Baker St, taking pictures then posting them here, but women in halter tops (or bikinis for this week only) will cause offense?

Seriously I'm not here to argue or troll anyone. But I've haven't heard any valid reason someone from baker st didn't show up other than the "established crew" didn't sanction it.

Anyone, please feel free to PM me about some specific issue; I'm not here to start a show and set it on fire.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:52 AM   #17
Flip Flop

Member Garage

Quote:
No one posted anything and looking back, no one seemed to know what was going on. If your feelings were hurt you or anyone else could have messaged me, no one did. Instead there was a mob mentality about the issue. I'm not here to argue, if you don't want to show up to a meet someone else plans, then don't. But if someone doesn't show up to a meet because someone else organized it, well that's just foolish. Perhaps I'm mistaken, I thought the idea was to get people together, not establish superiority over a region of Houston metro to claim to any one person or click.

For future reference all of the North/West meets will be on a Monday, because again no one is going to plan a meet on a day no one wants. All of the South/East meets will most likely be planned on Wednesday because again, that's when people seem to want it.

The food is good at Twin Peaks. No one seemed to take issue to people hiking their skirts at Baker St, taking pictures then posting them here, but women in halter tops (or bikinis for this week only) will cause offense?

Seriously I'm not here to argue or troll anyone. But I've haven't heard any valid reason someone from baker st didn't show up other than the "established crew" didn't sanction it.

Anyone, please feel free to PM me about some specific issue; I'm not here to start a show and set it on fire.
I mean I thought it was the actual NW meet when i first signed up people were talking about making a new thread and I had been thinking of going again lately anyways. WHen they thread popped up I was all over it, then suddenly there's some other thread.
You guys had been changing locations so I dunno why we couldn't just roll with it and try something new/TP that week.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:56 AM   #18
Shuhboogie
and his limp member

Bike(s):
'73 CB350FOUR
'11 CBR250R
'14 Interceptor
'17 CRF250 Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacfiz View Post
You're right it's not rocket science.

Anyone can start a meet at any time and location if they choose to. End of discussion
This is true but there shouldn't be any expectation that everyone is just going to say ok and show up.
Liked this post:
Old 07-18-2017, 11:03 AM   #19
Shuhboogie
and his limp member

Bike(s):
'73 CB350FOUR
'11 CBR250R
'14 Interceptor
'17 CRF250 Rally

Quote:

If you donít want to show up to the one next week at 290 perhaps youíll show up to the one on the 31st at either I10/Kirkwoord or Shenandoah (havenít figured out which one will host us) If no one shows up to either it tells me it's more about your click and claiming the title of "NW meet" rather than showing up to meets and meeting people And again based on the comments posted in the baker st thread about "the real NW meet" it seems people are more concerned about a title than actually meeting up with other MH members.

What I'm reading is that you went through all the comments and suggestions, plead your case, ignored said comments and suggestions, and reposted a meet for next Monday at the same venue.
I, as well as others, appreciate what you're doing but if you're not going listen to what people have to say and try to find a venue that works for everyone, what's the point?

If my memory serves me correctly, there had already been a venue picked out for next week.
Liked this post:
Old 07-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #20
Flip Flop

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuhboogie View Post
What I'm reading is that you went through all the comments and suggestions, plead your case, ignored said comments and suggestions, and reposted a meet for next Monday at the same venue.
I, as well as others, appreciate what you're doing but if you're not going listen to what people have to say and try to find a venue that works for everyone, what's the point?

If my memory serves me correctly, there had already been a venue picked out for next week.
The venue is the core ideal of his meet. We get in good with twin peaks. It's a good place to be in good with.
That's what he keeps explaining. He has inside connections with management there and will be doing different twin peaks all over the houston area at various TP locations.

Closed Thread

Advertisement