Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|05-26-2018, 06:58 PM||#1|
Attorney at law
2007 Frontier LE 4x4 for sale $8,000.
I'm selling my Nissan Frontier LE 4x4. This has been my daily driver and general purpose vehicle for the last 3 years. I got this truck already a little beat up in early 2015, which was fine for me since I didn't intend to baby it.
The truck was fully loaded for the time. It is true selectable 4x4 with hill descent control and vehicle stability control. It also has the Rockford Fosgate sound system. It also has a sunroof and roof racks.
I've done the following mods:
1) Full Shrockworks "armor." This means Front winch bumper, Rear recovery bumper, rock sliders, and fuel tank skid plate. I also added a Superwinch Tigershark 9500, and a generic amazon lightbar. Shrockworks is premium stuff made of 3/8" plate steel. The winch and lightbar fully work.
2) Old Man Emu "heavy duty" suspension. This is a full suspension lift, and not an "add a leaf" or coil spacer kit. The suspension adds approximately 1.5" but also helps the truck carry the weight of the armor better.
3) Hardwired Aukey Dash cam. The dash cam will come with the truck but I'm keeping the memory card. Dash cam comes on when the ignition is on and turns off 3 seconds after it is turned off.
4) Flowmaster custom cat back exhaust. Makes the truck sound like a real truck. Everybody who has heard it loves it.
5) Nissan factory tow package, which adds a 7 pin trailer receptacle and the necessary relays. The factory receptacle bolts to the Shrockworks bumper.
Maintenance I've done:
1) Transmission flush. 05-07 Nissan Frontier, Xterra, and Pathfinder suffered from potential radiator/transmission fluid mixing, which results in transmission death (known as Strawberry Milkshake of Death or SMOD). I checked it prior to purchase and did not find any evidence of SMOD, but I did a dealership transmission flush to verify (I inspected the fluid myself when they took it out) and then I did the "bypass trick" so it can never happen in the future.
2) Changed engine mounts to aftermarket "poly mounts"
3) Added cam-bolts when I did the suspension lift.
4) Changed timing chain and spacers due to "timing chain whine" that happened to 05-07 Nissan VQ40DE engines. I did this myself using factory parts.
5) All fluids changed regularly. I use Mobil1 full synthetic 75W-90 for the front and rear differentials, and then Valvoline Max Life ATF for the transfer case. It shifts from 2WD to 4WD Hi and Lo quickly and seamlessly.
6) Spark plugs replaced 20k miles ago with NGK platinums.
1) Everything works. Every switch, button, and feature. Also comes with the bed-extender, underseat accessory tray, and a full set of bed tie down cleats, all of which I actually had to hunt on Craigslist to find because my truck didn't come with anything.
2) I have a 5th matching wheel I found and painted to match so you can run a 5 tire rotation (which is what I did)
3) Never flooded. Clean title. I did drive it through high water to rescue people during Hurricane Harvey with the winch, but I know my limits. The water never went above the rock sliders and no water got into the engine. Rear differential fluid was changed after this.
1) No spare tire. My wife ran over protruding rebar one day and shredded a tire so it is running on the spare. But I always did 5 tire rotation anyway so the spare matches the other tires. Also, it has Cooper ST MAXX all terrain tires, which suck. They are rough and wearing unevenly. I would probably get 5 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires, but at this point I will let the next owner decide tire choice.
2) The paint is not pretty. There's some rust, dings, and paint missing from the bed and just all around. It was a truck and it was used as such. There's a big patch of missing paint up on the roof. Not sure how that happened as it was already there when I got the truck, but I painted it with silver rustoleum spray paint and you really can't tell.
3) Truck burns oil on startup. It's always done this since I've had it. I do have to add oil sometimes. Maybe 1 qt in between oil changes.
4) Big crack in the windshield. It is not in the line of sight so I haven't bothered to replace it.
Pictured in the Big Bend shot is silver wheels with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires. I swapped wheels with my Nissan Xterra specifically for this trip because I didn't want to listen to the tire roar of Coopers for such a long road trip. The truck has the black wheels with the Coopers as shown in the other pics.
Due to truck's condition, I am pricing it well below KBB, especially in light of the desirable 6k worth of mods I have done. The truck is perfectly reliable. I drove it to Big Bend National Park in January (6 hrs one way). It just isn't pretty.
The only reason I am selling is because I want to move to a bigger truck (Nissan Titan or Ford F150).
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Nissan Frontier Pro-4X suspension||wackjum||Miscellaneous (Non-Moto-Related)||5||10-15-2015 12:40 PM|
|03 frontier wheel 15"||pester||Want To Buy or Trade||3||09-22-2013 08:03 PM|
|nissan frontier 03 -04||nobike||Car Forum||14||10-18-2011 02:39 PM|
|frontier wheel||pester||Want To Buy or Trade||0||02-19-2010 04:01 PM|
|99blackr1.did you go to frontier fiesta at UH||flip326||Off Topic||14||04-02-2006 08:21 PM|
|06-22-2018, 11:55 AM||#2|
Attorney at law
As of today (6/22) it has a spare tire again.
I installed 4 Hankook Dyna-Pro ATM and then took the best of the Cooper ST Maxx and turned it into a spare.
|06-23-2018, 12:24 AM||#4|
Join Date: Sep 2010
Feedback Rating: (7)
Experience: 1-3 months
KTM 525sx tard
TTR125 Mini Tard
How many miles?
edit, I pulled the pictures up on my computer and see the miles now.
Last edited by Ek; 06-23-2018 at 12:27 AM.