MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Sponsors > Awesome Cycles MSF Riding Courses
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
rkl56119

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 Suzuki M50
2006 Honda Rebel (SOLD)

12/19 and 12/20

Just finished my MSF with Awesome Cycles. Thumbs up to Mike and David, they were great!!

I dropped the bike on the second day, entirely my fault, and luckily only had a bruised knee and a slightly spranged wrist. Despite my slight injuries I was able to finish the class.

Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Country ride today 12/19 or Sunday 12/22 Blamdiggity Events, Meets and Rides 12 12-20-2013 02:27 PM
S SOUTHEAST MEET 12-12-12 Twin Peaks Webster j_e_hurst Events, Meets and Rides 70 12-12-2012 10:05 PM
Mech Combat Game 12-12-12 Kinny Off Topic 15 02-07-2012 12:57 PM
Awesome Cycles MSF Course 12/12 12/13 Gixxer4lyfe New Riders and MSF Course Info 20 12-09-2009 09:15 AM
GSXR 600 riding in from Katy on I-19 7/12/06 12:45 Swift E General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 07-12-2006 06:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

i dropped my bike at awesome cycles too, its part of the learning process and at least thats what those bikes are there for. congrats on the MSF. worth every penny IMO.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
Fenrous
Fenrous

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1987 VFR700 Interceptor
2009 Kawaski Ninja 500R

Send a message via ICQ to Fenrous Send a message via AIM to Fenrous Send a message via MSN to Fenrous Send a message via Yahoo to Fenrous
Talking

I have to chuckle at these posts, David, Debbie, Mike, and Louie are great people to learn from and make it easier.

Challen may not recognize me on the boards here but I got some really interesting pictures on what a dropped bike can do to a 100lb smart . And I can say smart because she's not on these forums

I am glad that you were not seriously hurt, and remember to buy a used bike as your first bike because something tells me this isn't going to be the first time you drop a bike. Protect your noggin, invest in some gear, and for heavens sake, learns from your drops. what you were doing, why you dropped it, and remember to put your LEGS DOWN.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Badchev
Slow

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

I took my MSF class with them as well. Great bunch of people and I learned a lot, and I had been riding for about 20 years already.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
Fenrous
Fenrous

Bike(s):
1987 VFR700 Interceptor
2009 Kawaski Ninja 500R

Send a message via ICQ to Fenrous Send a message via AIM to Fenrous Send a message via MSN to Fenrous Send a message via Yahoo to Fenrous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badchev View Post
I took my MSF class with them as well. Great bunch of people and I learned a lot, and I had been riding for about 20 years already.
NO, I took my class from Awesome Cycles, been very happy and even thinking about going back with the 100lb wife decides she is ready to try again. I would love to go to one of the more experienced riders classes that they offer. Just waiting on the weather to lighten up some, because, my class we learned and rode in the rain and it was miserable being wet, and thrilling at the same time.

I wont be worried about riding in the wain if I have to; I just try to avoid riding beyond my abilities and comfort zone.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrous View Post
I would love to go to one of the more experienced riders classes that they offer.
ERC on January 27 and I've heard there will even be a couple of Instructors taking the class.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #7
Fenrous
Fenrous

Bike(s):
1987 VFR700 Interceptor
2009 Kawaski Ninja 500R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
ERC on January 27 and I've heard there will even be a couple of Instructors taking the class.
Great, let me check my schedule. What time? 7PM

Old 01-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #8
free blue bird
Free Blue Bird

Bike(s):
09 Ninja 500R

Send a message via Yahoo to free blue bird
Talking

I have to chuckle at these posts, David, Debbie, Mike, and Louie are great people to learn from and make it easier.

Challen may not recognize me on the boards here but I got some really interesting pictures on what a dropped bike can do to a 100lb smart . And I can say smart because she's not on these forums

I am glad that you were not seriously hurt, and remember to buy a used bike as your first bike because something tells me this isn't going to be the first time you drop a bike. Protect your noggin, invest in some gear, and for heavens sake, learns from your drops. what you were doing, why you dropped it, and remember to put your LEGS DOWN.

Dear FENROUS----your 100lb smartass is NOW on....so i'd pretty much watch what u say now.......
Old 01-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #9
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by free blue bird View Post

Dear FENROUS----your 100lb smartass is NOW on....so i'd pretty much watch what u say now.......
Oh chit.......... I know who you are.......
Old 01-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #10
Fenrous
Fenrous

Bike(s):
1987 VFR700 Interceptor
2009 Kawaski Ninja 500R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
Oh chit.......... I know who you are.......
Well it looks like we both are busted now. IT is true though, she doesn't even bother introducing herself in the intro forum, just Hey Fen 100lbs smart , and Challen coming to your class.

Guess we know whom is watching the kids that weekend........