MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Two 19-year olds die in car wreck...

Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Classmates remember 18-year-old who died in car wreck NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 06-07-2015 10:00 PM
19-year-old mother accused of smoking marijuana with child in car NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 03-02-2015 11:10 PM
How many 5 year olds could you take in a fight? blends Off Topic 26 04-30-2010 05:48 PM
How many 5 year olds... Angamico Off Topic 4 01-23-2008 01:38 PM
How many five-year-olds could you take in a fight? cashtown Off Topic 44 12-21-2007 03:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
mkgsxr
mike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

Dam sad story man. I will def be praying for victims and family's

Really hurts to see this happen to people so young with so much life left in them.
mkgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

From the Chronicle article:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ly-3299899.php

Two teens who died in a car accident Friday on a rain-slickened road had developed a deep friendship in a short time, family members said.

Anne Donlon of Hockley and Katie Walker of Tomball, both 19, had known each other only six weeks, said Van Walker, Katie's father.

They were killed at 10:30 a.m. on Friday when Donlon lost control of her 2005 Ford Taurus on a curve on Roberts Cemetery Road and skidded into the path of a northbound Dodge pickup driven by Samuel Espe, 24, of Magnolia.

Espe suffered minor injuries, according to a Department of Public Safety report. He and both teens were wearing seat belts, the report said.

"Both were very, very sweet young women of ," Walker said. "Both had high Christian standards and morals. That was one thing that kind of drew them together."

They were both home-schooled until graduating from high school in 2010. Donlon worked as a waitress at Main Street Crossing in Tomball and Walker worked at Gringo's Mexican Kitchen. Walker, who had a passion for singing, was studying music and wanted to be a worship leader, her father said.

"Today she is leading worship in heaven," he said Saturday.

On Thursday, Walker had stayed overnight at the Donlon home and the two had watched a movie together, Theresa Donlon said.

"The next morning, they were in their pink jammies, just giggling and drinking coffee," Donlon said.

They were on their way back to the Walker home when the accident happened.

"My heart goes out to the young man involved in the accident," he said. "He did nothing wrong; the girls did nothing wrong. It was an accident."

Last edited by a forum moderator; 02-12-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgsxr View Post
Dam sad story man. I will def be praying for victims and family's

Really hurts to see this happen to people so young with so much life left in them.
Thanks Mike...
Old 02-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #5
Bluestreak06
Maine-ah

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2011 Hayabusa
2006 GSXR-600 (sold)
1981 yamaha XS 650(sold)

Member Garage

Thats terrible. My thoughts are with the families and that they find the strength to get past this tragedy. I also feel for the driver of the other truck, because even though it was an accident (it looks like the ford went sideways into the front of that truck), hes going to have to live with that on his mind for the rest of his life....

RIP to two people who were lost way to early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If you don't shake it after you pee the terrorists win.
Ben C.
Bluestreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak06 View Post
Thats terrible. My thoughts are with the families and that they find the strength to get past this tragedy. I also feel for the driver of the other truck, because even though it was an accident (it looks like the ford went sideways into the front of that truck), hes going to have to live with that on his mind for the rest of his life....

RIP to two people who were lost way to early.
My gf said another one of their co-workers who was close the the father, went to their house to offer condolences. They had family and members of their church there and were doing group prayers. He said it was very moving because they also included the driver of the other vehicle in their prayers.

She also said that the mother had been previously diagnosed with cancer and is in the middle of heavy chemo at least once a week where the father has to continuously miss some work to take her to her therapy. Such a tough time, very sad...
Old 02-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
Kaitlin
:-D

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 r6 track bike baby
08 CBR600rr- Sold
04 r6- Sold

This happened right down the street from my house. Roberts Cem. Is a very bad road. Very bad. Every time it rains theres an accident on that road, seriously. Ive almost lost it a few times on it. I refuse to ride the bike on that road period.

RIP
Kaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #8
Supa Dave
The Chupacabra

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
GSX-R 600
KX250 (sold)

So sad to hear. Prayers sent.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #9
Dude why

I hate them curves on Ride Smart. I have known several people who have died on that .5 mile section. I hope the county will one day stop turning a blind eye to the area. I'm sure its mostly to due with the fact its on the county line. They even tried to put gravel in the road for "grip" what a massive fail that was....

Rip and prayers sent to the family.
Dude why is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #10
Dude why

How so? Your vagueness is social impedance .
Old 02-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
plummer
dude

Bike(s):
k8 600
k13 600

wow that's terrible such a tragedy
plummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
whomikedao
Physicist

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'09 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(sold)
'05 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636(sold)
Honda Rebel 250

That's very sad and sickening to hear that two young girls were involved in a fatal accident. It seems like they had their life planned out too. Hopefully they can reach their goals up there. Giving peace and prayers to these two.
whomikedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

, that's so sad for two of them to go at such a young age.

and the poster above is right, its the drivers responsibility to control their car - not the county or the state. No doubt hundreds of drivers manage to take that corner every day in all conditions without a problem.

But it still sucks..
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #14
Dude why

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
There is only one person to blame, the driver. She is responsible for controlling that vehicle. All too often we blame the gov't for every problem and get when they come in and take over for us even though we demanded that something be done. Should we spend millions upon millions of dollars to change that one road? They'll imminent domain land and have the cops out there writing nothing but tickets which I doubt will go over too well. The road is clearly marked with proper signs. How about we just have some self control and let off the gas on roads that have been rained on.
Have you ever driven on Ride Smart? It's the countys response ability to maintain safe roads. Fairly sure my tax dollars are collected with that as a stipulation. How the did I blame the government? That road base they used is too slick to drive on, needs to be redone.

Last edited by Dude why; 02-12-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #15
Dude why

You two guys are douche bags.

Advertisement