MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2019, 01:46 PM   #1
trunxgp1224

Feedback Rating: (0)

Personal Injury Lawyer Help

Friend got injured at work due to someone else's negligence; someone wasn't paying attention and crushed their foot under some heavy machinery, it's going to require multiple surgeries, skin grafts, nerve damage, etc. Company is going the workers comp route but obviously they're going to lowball the out of what will be a permanent disability.

I got my leg crushed at work but thankfully it only caused some missed work and a few weeks of pain and crutches and it was all good. If I were in their shoes though, I'd be looking for a huge settlement or continuous payout because there's no telling the physical therapy it'll require or the complications skin grafts and neurosurgery will cause down the road.

Therefore looking for recommendations on lawyers who will make sure their compensated for their pain, suffering, and ensuring they can address any future problems that arise.
trunxgp1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BP MS150 is personal for dad and... NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 04-12-2016 04:50 PM
Personal Injury Lawyer flipstyledsm22 Off Topic 10 11-07-2013 12:16 PM
Protecting Your Most Personal Of Personal Computers gsxrjai Off Topic 0 06-12-2010 12:27 PM
injury lawyer? train460 Off Topic 14 11-22-2009 12:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2019, 03:55 PM   #2
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2002 Yamaha WR250
2004 Honda CRF-50

Member Garage

I know of A PI attorney, but never used him.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #3
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Get ready to be raped. 30% is the standard take and it goes up from there. So you need to know the limits of liability involved before doing any settlements to see if it is even worth it. They have insurance you can get the information from them on their liability limits.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:10 PM   #4
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

I used Norris and Cantu but Bryan above is correct, all about the policy limits, and it takes forever to settle.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:29 AM   #5
JetBuilt
Repeat Offender

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Send a message via AIM to JetBuilt
Might as well mentally prepare your friend for the likely reality that no amount of money will ever be good enough and will never cause a cessation of pain/symptoms. I was almost killed by someone elseís negligence in 1996, and Iíve seen some horrific work injuries in my time in the oilfield...I wish your friend a speedy recovery, hope for minimal long term impact, and advise them to seek financial guidance if they do end up with a settlement.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:31 PM   #6
pbfoot

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki ZG1000

Pain and suffering are not compensated in a workplace injury. Only lost wages.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:50 PM   #7
trunxgp1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfoot View Post
Pain and suffering are not compensated in a workplace injury. Only lost wages.
And if they suffer a permanent disability I remember guys getting hurt at work and they could eventually come back but they had permanent damage and collected a check from the company for as long as I continued to work there and they said those payments were in perpetuity
trunxgp1224 is offline   Reply With Quote