MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Sponsors > Eugene Lou, MD Orthopedic Surgeon
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2014, 07:41 AM   #1
anatram
I love nekkid midgets

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy

Dr. Lou need shoulder advice,

Back in May I had my right shoulder operated on by an associate of the Fondren Pediatric group.

I was diagnosed with stage three arthritis in my shoulder. From the diagnosis, the collar bone has zero cartilage at the shoulder joint, and I had a bone spur.

They went in arthroscopicly and cleaned out the bone spur, repaired a slight tear, and ground down @ 10mm of the collar bone to increase the gap between it and the shoulder joint.

I was told to let it rest for 6 weeks prior to exercisieng, which was no real problem. I was technically cleared to exercise last week, but took an additional week just to be safe.

Last night I attempted to work out again,

When attempting to do bench press with minimal weight, when I brought the bar down to chest level, I can feel the joint clicking and it was rather painful in the down position.

I re-racked the bar, and removed more weight, eventually I took it all the way down to just the nekkid bar, @ 45 pounds, even with 45 pounds, the clicking is there and it is still painful int he down position, it is as if I stalled out.

Is this normal? I have never had the clicking noise before.

It's got me bummed out, I went from pressing 315 for reps, to nothing, Now my wife bench presses more than me.

Any rehabilitative exercise you would recommend for the shoulder joint, that would also put some emphasis on the pectoral muscle? My doctor didn't recommend any thing, and just said it could hurt for up to 6 months after the surgery,

It's killing me not being able to work out,