MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2019, 09:05 AM   #1
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
Missing: Naked SV650, FZ1, Night Hawk
Best Upgrade:Sv650 Suspension full credit (Motorcycles Unlimited)

Member Garage

MotoGP: Brno 2019 ?

I'll be kind of close to Brno the week before the MotoGP event and was thinking of going to the race. Have any of you been? If so, where did you stay (type of place, location, etc..) and how did you get around? Food, nightlife, etc?

Hotels and Airbnbs are already limited and kind of expensive.... Or should I go to the Austrian GP the following week. Would be a bit of stretch vacation wise but I could probably pull it off.

Thanks for you input.

Martin.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP - Brno confirmed on 2016 MotoGP calendar NewsBot Racing News 0 01-12-2016 03:20 PM
MotoGP - Wet start to Brno Michelin MotoGP test NewsBot Racing News 0 08-17-2015 05:21 AM
MotoGP - MotoGP Brno - Free Practice (3) Results NewsBot Racing News 0 08-15-2015 04:40 AM
MotoGP - MotoGP Brno - Free Practice (2) Results NewsBot Racing News 0 08-14-2015 10:30 AM
MotoGP - VIDEO: MotoGP Brno Preview In Number NewsBot Racing News 0 08-13-2015 10:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "

General admission I think is best... you can move around and sit anywhere... look for the package deal like KTM. You get the ticket with souvenirs
If you can manage to catch a bus going to the airport, most likely, you can find a ride to the track. The airport is really close to the track, or get and share Uber.
At this point, all hotels around the area will be taken, but maybe you could find an Airbnb to share with someone?
At the track there are food, drinks and all kinds of attractions and shows after the track goes cold, but the real party is in Austin
I think it easier when you get there to mingle with the rest of us and work something out...
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:12 PM   #3
Rttoys
CMRA 982

Bike(s):
99 Ducati 996s
07 Yamaha FZ1
14 Yamaha TW200
13 Kawasaki 300se
18 Honda Grom

That’s going to be a of a long Uber ride from the Czech Republic to Austin just to hit 6th street.

Old 04-01-2019, 12:30 PM   #4
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rttoys View Post
Thatís going to be a of a long Uber ride from the Czech Republic to Austin just to hit 6th street.

Shoot I completely miss that
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:58 PM   #5
BigComfy

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Old 04-01-2019, 03:00 PM   #6
BigComfy

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Update: Place to stay at in Brno are already all booked or super super expensive. Might hit Austria instead as I have a free place to stay out there. Was really hoping to make it a double header but not sure my bank account can handle it.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:42 PM   #7
Oskar_Z28

Bike(s):
15 GROM
17 FZ10

Stay in one of the towns outside. Sure you can find a B&B or something like that. I would love to do Brno (I'm from Poland) so that is closest you can get to my homeland.
Oskar_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:18 PM   #8
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Don't give up on Brno! If your looking to have a good time on a budget you can't beat formerly oppressed communist countries wherever you go in the world.

I haven't been to the race but was in Brno a few years ago, drove up from Vienna, was an easy drive. Was only there for one night stayed somewhere near the train station. Brno also has a pretty large student population so you should find places to have a good time without breaking the bank.

You could even stay in Prauge and take a train or bus to get you there for not much money at all. The Brno race is well regarded from sites like this one, if you got a grand to spend it'll probalby be the best experience, but if not still worth a look to see what's avalible at least.

https://www.polepositiontravel.com/brno

Just a thought, you might be able to find a hotel Sunday night when everyone's checking out and then go back to the track monday for the offical test that always follows the Brno round. You could then do something's around town after that for a day or so, before making your way back out, or down to Austria.

I'm sure Austria would be good as well, I went to Sachnsesnring once when a similar opportunity preseted itself, and was good time, the fans very knowledgable and friendly, the beer was great and food too, not necessarily a party atmosphere or anything but was well worth it. I showed up race morning bought a ticket and watched the warmups from various GA viewing hills before taking seat at the base of the waterfall for the races.

Probably should have tried to buy tickets in advance from track website or something but I would still expect a large track like Brno or even Austria will find ways to sell you at least a GA ticket come race day. Most importantly whichever you decide you have to post pics on here, and make up a story or two

Advertisement