MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2021, 01:23 PM   #21
The Morganator
Moderator
 
The Morganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,083

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





I just rebuilt my front brakes on the 14 in case i have to stop suddenly at 195 mph during my record attempt. Safety first.
__________________
"King of Clean"
The Morganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harris County orders Club Eclipse night club to reduce crime NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 02-26-2015 04:10 PM
S Last minute coastal loop............. El Pachuco Events, Meets and Rides 0 06-22-2012 02:40 PM
610 - 10 minute club potential member grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 02-05-2012 06:54 AM
Norte Beer camera flasher...what happens in the club, stays in the club Schmidie Off Topic 10 12-16-2011 06:55 AM
8 minute club viprgtsr General Discussion (Moto Related) 60 04-04-2007 01:20 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2021, 07:33 PM   #22
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,025

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Can only be done on an R6 in 11 mins.
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-26-2021, 08:01 PM   #23
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,025

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Strangely i just seen this video before I saw this post.

__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-26-2021, 08:23 PM   #24
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dayton, Texas BABY!!!
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 6,468

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 BMW K1200S
1983 Kawasaki KZ750L3
1994 Honda Shadow VT600C
1984 Yamaha FJ1100
2009 Kawasaki Ninja EX250J

Member Garage





In my mid 20's, I had nightmares where that happened to me... exact sound to. That's scary bro. That's why I'm reserving my fun having to track only. I'll commute for the free feeling of no cage, but those days of chasing 200 is over for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?

Formally - Toe
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-27-2021, 02:35 AM   #25
The Morganator
Moderator
 
The Morganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,083

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Strangely i just seen this video before I saw this post.

https://youtu.be/GtX1Bef46GA
Wow!!!...how did he survive that?...unfortunately my 1st son did almost the exact same thing and didnt survive.
__________________
"King of Clean"
The Morganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-27-2021, 06:44 AM   #26
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,025

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morganator View Post
Wow!!!...how did he survive that?...unfortunately my 1st son did almost the exact same thing and didnt survive.
I am so sorry to hear that.
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-12-2021, 06:09 PM   #27
FJRmgm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Omaha, Arkansas USA Motorcycling Paradise
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,021

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R







Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Strangely i just seen this video before I saw this post.



https://youtu.be/GtX1Bef46GA
It appears he was brain damaged long before the crash in the video :/
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-12-2021, 10:33 PM   #28
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dayton, Texas BABY!!!
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 6,468

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 BMW K1200S
1983 Kawasaki KZ750L3
1994 Honda Shadow VT600C
1984 Yamaha FJ1100
2009 Kawasaki Ninja EX250J

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post
It appears he was brain damaged long before the crash in the video :/
I think we all are reckless at some point in our lives. I know I've ridden just like that several times on I-45 and not once after those rides, did I ever think about the consequences. I'm lucky nothing happened, but I know friends who have not been as lucky. Truth is, if you keep pushing your luck, it's eventually going to run out. That poor guy will never be the same and that sucks. That video is a grim reminder that we should think before we cook it down the road... I think all the time about the what if. Hopefully, everyone reading all these comments will be better riders, because they know this is nuts and you can die, or worse, kill someone else in the process of being an idiot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?

Formally - Toe
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-13-2021, 07:29 AM   #29
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,669

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP DS FI Restomod
2008 BMW R1200GS
2015 Husqvarna FE 501







Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I think we all are reckless at some point in our lives. I know I've ridden just like that several times on I-45 and not once after those rides, did I ever think about the consequences. I'm lucky nothing happened, but I know friends who have not been as lucky. Truth is, if you keep pushing your luck, it's eventually going to run out. That poor guy will never be the same and that sucks. That video is a grim reminder that we should think before we cook it down the road... I think all the time about the what if. Hopefully, everyone reading all these comments will be better riders, because they know this is nuts and you can die, or worse, kill someone else in the process of being an idiot.
“The older I get, the faster I was. There are old bikers and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.”― Evel Knievel
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-14-2021, 06:34 PM   #30
Wawazat?!
Bruce my Willis
 
Wawazat?!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bear Creek
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,098

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'18 HD Breakout
'09 Aprilia RS125 (sold)
'05 Honda "Fiddy"
'09 R1 (sold)
'07 gixxer 750 (RIP)






CW or CCW?
Wawazat?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-14-2021, 09:34 PM   #31
Bustamove
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 8












It’s definitely a “living in the moment” type of attitude. Reckless? Yes. Foolish? Yes. I’ll admit that. I did a 45N stint last night, entered off I-10 east, and in that first turn under an overpass, at 110mph, a random puddle of water was in my lane, and my tail end began skidding side to side. 2 years ago, I’d panic break and eat ; last night I just calmly slowed down, clenched my tank grip, and held firmly onto my handle bars and got out of it seamlessly. It requires confidence in yourself; your skill levels; and your bike and tires.

But , am I tired of hearing that “organ donor” comment. Yeah, yeah, we’ve all heard it, but just leave it be.

As for plates?! What plates?! I ride naked anytime I’m up for shenanigans! ��


Video coming..
Bustamove is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-14-2021, 10:10 PM   #32
Seawall
Senior Member
 
Seawall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: down by the river
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 129

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
09 YZF-R6 Track/Street
07 YZF-R6 Track
18 MT-09 Street







i hope you dont take out anyone else when you go down, car or bike.
__________________
I get faster with each track day because my wallet gets lighter (Because Track Dayz)
Seawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:05 PM   #33
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,669

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP DS FI Restomod
2008 BMW R1200GS
2015 Husqvarna FE 501







Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustamove View Post
It’s definitely a “living in the moment” type of attitude. Reckless? Yes. Foolish? Yes. I’ll admit that. I did a 45N stint last night, entered off I-10 east, and in that first turn under an overpass, at 110mph, a random puddle of water was in my lane, and my tail end began skidding side to side. 2 years ago, I’d panic break and eat ; last night I just calmly slowed down, clenched my tank grip, and held firmly onto my handle bars and got out of it seamlessly. It requires confidence in yourself; your skill levels; and your bike and tires.

But , am I tired of hearing that “organ donor” comment. Yeah, yeah, we’ve all heard it, but just leave it be.

As for plates?! What plates?! I ride naked anytime I’m up for shenanigans! ��


Video coming..




Still waiting to hear your MSRH times....


Sure glad you didn't panic "break"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wille.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	107294  
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:29 AM   #34
Wrek77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 243












Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
There are old bikers and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.”― Evel Knievel
Once a year i get bold in my old age with a 400rwhp turbo zx14 for a short time
I prefer the saying a man got's to know his limits
Wrek77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-16-2021, 05:46 AM   #35
Wrek77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 243












Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morganator View Post
Since i’ve gone back to clipons on the ZX14 the aerodynamic gain now should easily make me a contender to break the record. I may have to ride in shorts and a tshirt to save weight since im a heavier person. No need for a helmet since this cant be that dangerous. The lighter you are the faster you go.
I'd pay to see this . except the last record holder that did this was bare and riding backwards on a zx14
Wrek77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:52 AM   #36
The Morganator
Moderator
 
The Morganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,083

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrek77 View Post
I'd pay to see this . except the last record holder that did this was bare and riding backwards on a zx14
Shhhh that was my new strategy…
__________________
"King of Clean"
The Morganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #37
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dayton, Texas BABY!!!
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 6,468

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 BMW K1200S
1983 Kawasaki KZ750L3
1994 Honda Shadow VT600C
1984 Yamaha FJ1100
2009 Kawasaki Ninja EX250J

Member Garage





I just hope this ain't a catfish thread...

Although I don't condone this behavior these days, I still long to see complete threads posted on here
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?

Formally - Toe
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:35 AM   #38
pbfoot
Senior Member
 
pbfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Leon
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,227

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2002 ZRX1200R









Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawazat?! View Post
CW or CCW?
I prefer CCW
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:51 AM   #39
Wawazat?!
Bruce my Willis
 
Wawazat?!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bear Creek
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,098

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'18 HD Breakout
'09 Aprilia RS125 (sold)
'05 Honda "Fiddy"
'09 R1 (sold)
'07 gixxer 750 (RIP)






Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfoot View Post
I prefer CCW
Same. the I-10 and 45N interchanges typically have less traffic delays going CCW.
Wawazat?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:21 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy