MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2021, 09:19 AM   #1
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dayton, Texas BABY!!!
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 6,468

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 BMW K1200S
1983 Kawasaki KZ750L3
1994 Honda Shadow VT600C
1984 Yamaha FJ1100
2009 Kawasaki Ninja EX250J

Member Garage





Question Best low-cost front fork lift stand...

I'm looking into front pitbull style stands for my bike. Saw some bikes outfitted with front spools, but couldn't find any real good links to how they go on and where to find them.

What are you all using and what are decent brands? I'm mainly wanting to buy so I can run my tire warmers at the track.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?

Formally - Toe
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fork lift stand, spooled stand, loading ramp (folding) Schooley Motorcycle Parts and Accessories 18 11-23-2014 09:19 PM
Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda Front Fork + Rear Lift Stands thanhngo1636 Motorcycle Parts and Accessories 0 01-04-2014 10:23 AM
Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda Front Fork + Rear Lift Stands thanhngo1636 Motorcycle Parts and Accessories 0 12-31-2013 04:41 PM
Pit Bull Front Fork, Front Triple and Rear Stand Set Racer 1979 Motorcycle Parts and Accessories 1 09-19-2013 06:25 PM
Woodcraft Rear Stand (spools) and Front Fork Stand FlipSideUp Motorcycle Parts and Accessories 4 11-08-2009 04:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2021, 11:56 AM   #2
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,669

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP DS FI Restomod
2008 BMW R1200GS
2015 Husqvarna FE 501







I imagine the "front spools" you saw were sliders and not intended for lifting the front forks.

You can pick front fork stands up used very reasonably and they last forever. I've tried many different brands, and I always come back to PitBull. Cheaper stands can lead to bikes on their side. It's cheap insurance to buy the better one.

Watch CL and FB marketplace and you'll find them quite routinely.

A standard Pit Bull front stand is hard to beat, but you also might consider a front head stock lift from pit bull. It gives you complete front access in case you want to change your forks, etc.

Here... https://www.pit-bull.com/browse-yama...tand-f0100-100

and here

https://www.pit-bull.com/browse-yama...tand-f0100-000


If you really want to get fancy, you can grab one of these...I always thought they were cool.

https://www.bursigusa.com/

Last edited by Tojo92; 04-18-2021 at 11:59 AM.
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-18-2021, 06:58 PM   #3
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dayton, Texas BABY!!!
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 6,468

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 BMW K1200S
1983 Kawasaki KZ750L3
1994 Honda Shadow VT600C
1984 Yamaha FJ1100
2009 Kawasaki Ninja EX250J

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
I imagine the "front spools" you saw were sliders and not intended for lifting the front forks.

You can pick front fork stands up used very reasonably and they last forever. I've tried many different brands, and I always come back to PitBull. Cheaper stands can lead to bikes on their side. It's cheap insurance to buy the better one.

Watch CL and FB marketplace and you'll find them quite routinely.

A standard Pit Bull front stand is hard to beat, but you also might consider a front head stock lift from pit bull. It gives you complete front access in case you want to change your forks, etc.

Here... https://www.pit-bull.com/browse-yama...tand-f0100-100

and here

https://www.pit-bull.com/browse-yama...tand-f0100-000


If you really want to get fancy, you can grab one of these...I always thought they were cool.

https://www.bursigusa.com/

I bought a cheap $35 stand and that's what lead me to asking about others. I also looked at the BursigUSA one, but they don't make a lift for any of the bikes I own.

Think I may bite the bullet and get the Pitbull for the front. The rear is SO much simpler to find lifts for... even the cheapo ones. I just find the front to be more narrow than most universal stands are made for, so the fork tweaks every time I attempt to lift it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?

Formally - Toe
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:07 PM   #4
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dayton, Texas BABY!!!
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 6,468

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 BMW K1200S
1983 Kawasaki KZ750L3
1994 Honda Shadow VT600C
1984 Yamaha FJ1100
2009 Kawasaki Ninja EX250J

Member Garage





Bought the Pitbull front stand... and a T-Shirt.

I really need to stop buying motorcycle parts. I think I may have a problem
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?

Formally - Toe
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-18-2021, 10:11 PM   #5
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,669

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP DS FI Restomod
2008 BMW R1200GS
2015 Husqvarna FE 501







Embrace it...it makes it easier.
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-18-2021, 10:15 PM   #6
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dayton, Texas BABY!!!
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 6,468

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 BMW K1200S
1983 Kawasaki KZ750L3
1994 Honda Shadow VT600C
1984 Yamaha FJ1100
2009 Kawasaki Ninja EX250J

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
Embrace it...it makes it easier.
Tell that to the wife
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?

Formally - Toe
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-26-2021, 08:29 AM   #7
Oskar_Z28
Senior Member
 
Oskar_Z28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Houston and Old Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 433

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
15 GROM
17 FZ10








I bought some cheaper stands to leave my Grom on when I was out of the country for 18 months and they worked fine for that job. But they suck compared to Pitbul. I will only use them on the Grom because they are flimsy.
Oskar_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-26-2021, 09:10 AM   #8
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dayton, Texas BABY!!!
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 6,468

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 BMW K1200S
1983 Kawasaki KZ750L3
1994 Honda Shadow VT600C
1984 Yamaha FJ1100
2009 Kawasaki Ninja EX250J

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskar_Z28 View Post
I bought some cheaper stands to leave my Grom on when I was out of the country for 18 months and they worked fine for that job. But they suck compared to Pitbul. I will only use them on the Grom because they are flimsy.
I got lucky and sold the cheap stand for what I bought it for on OfferUp.

Might not go that route again, unless I can physically see the stand in person before buying it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?

Formally - Toe
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:51 PM   #9
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 13,981


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






The thing about buying the good stuff is it only hurts once, then your set from that point on.
I read an article once about rifle scopes. (I know this sounds off topic but stay with me) The author was comparing American and European attitudes about the expense.
He said many Americans will buy a cheap scope with the idea that if something goes wrong, they'll just buy another one.
Many Europeans will buy very expensive scopes with the idea, it won't have problems.
Which mindset is right?
Europeans, because they not only are correct, it's less likely there will be problems AND...
they get to enjoy the benefits of using a really nice scope for the rest of their lives PLUS be able to pass it down for their kids to enjoy.
Buy once, cry once
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-27-2021, 06:43 AM   #10
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dayton, Texas BABY!!!
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 6,468

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 BMW K1200S
1983 Kawasaki KZ750L3
1994 Honda Shadow VT600C
1984 Yamaha FJ1100
2009 Kawasaki Ninja EX250J

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
The thing about buying the good stuff is it only hurts once, then your set from that point on.
I read an article once about rifle scopes. (I know this sounds off topic but stay with me) The author was comparing American and European attitudes about the expense.
He said many Americans will buy a cheap scope with the idea that if something goes wrong, they'll just buy another one.
Many Europeans will buy very expensive scopes with the idea, it won't have problems.
Which mindset is right?
Europeans, because they not only are correct, it's less likely there will be problems AND...
they get to enjoy the benefits of using a really nice scope for the rest of their lives PLUS be able to pass it down for their kids to enjoy.
Buy once, cry once
I get the thought process, but every manufacturer has to start somewhere with their products. I've bought some cheap parts knowing that there was no way they could screw up such a simple thing. The stand was not one of those things. I knew better, I just thought maybe, just maybe... I'll get lucky.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?

Formally - Toe
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:17 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy