MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
FoxRider
Thumpitty thump

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1997 DR 650
Pitster 150

1984 Suburban

Monday Night Minis @Speedsportz #MNM

Monday Night Minis is back and this time with a new venue, eager and enthusiastic host, and a full-on facility!

I've spoken with Alan, the owner of the new Speedsportztrack in New Cane, and we've decided to host MNM at his facilitywhich he has offered us free roam to (within reasonable behavioral expectations). For now, we are expecting to run the rental (.5mi) and GP track (.8mi) with access to the air-conditioned facility with bathrooms, large meeting/dining area, paved (rantal/south) and gravel (GP/north) lots, and viewing/party balcony! As the numbers get thicker and the nights get longer, expect more fun and possibilities like catered dinners, cone racing, stunt arenas, fiddy soccer, and general mini mayhem! This can get as big as we want, or stay as small as we like but the results will come from the numbers.

We've already had our first event on May 1st and the turnout was enough to convince Alan that it was worth doing, even with minimal advertising and promoting.

MNM will be the FIRST AND THIRD MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH

Monday Night Minis #2 is scheduled for May 15th so mark your calendars and get your bikes and cameras ready because we've extended the hours and will be riding into the night. That's right, folks, minibike track time on a brand new course just outside of Houston UNDER THE LIGHTS AND INTO THE NIGHT! This time we'll be running the big .8 mile track for the full event. This is the track we're hoping to add to the TMGP circuit for next season, so come get your practice in!

Registration at the desk is $50. Spectators, and children are FREE! Full safety gear is required: 1 or 2 piece leather suit, gloves, boots, and helmet. Run what you brung up to 155cc/85cc. No knobbies, no leaky bikes, no horseplay, NO SPORTBIKES.

*side note for you sumo guys, 200cc/125cc2T and up: you'll be welcome to come out and play if you can get at least 2 or 3 of ya suited up and paid. Although we likely won't run minis at the same time as big bikes, everything is up for consideration and we'll even divide up the sessions with breaks if we have to.

MESSAGE ME OR CALL THE SPEEDAPORTZ DESK IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!

Last edited by FoxRider; 05-08-2017 at 01:39 PM.
FoxRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Friday Night Minis 3/19/10 PimpDaub Events, Meets and Rides 39 03-31-2010 05:14 PM
Thursday Night Minis PimpDaub Events, Meets and Rides 8 03-12-2010 11:26 AM
Anybody from galleria going to Monday night minis? Chris_G Events, Meets and Rides 0 02-21-2010 11:45 PM
FREE!! Pitbikes/Big Minis racing Friday night 5/4/07 SMOKEUM28 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 1 11-14-2007 06:06 PM
FREE!! Pitbikes/Big Minis racing Friday night the 16th!! SMOKEUM28 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 11-14-2007 06:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2017, 01:36 PM   #2
FoxRider
Thumpitty thump

Bike(s):
1997 DR 650
Pitster 150

1984 Suburban

PS. The video exhibits the rental .5 mile track. the GP track is wayyy faster.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:45 PM   #3
JGrein05

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
04 CRF 250X plated
04 CRF 50

You lost me at leathers and the location is too far for a work night for me.......
JGrein05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:53 PM   #4
FoxRider
Thumpitty thump

Bike(s):
1997 DR 650
Pitster 150

1984 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrein05 View Post
You lost me at leathers and the location is too far for a work night for me.......
Leathers are required to get on the track, not on the property. Although I'll never understand the lot stunter crowd, arrangements can be made to cone off a section to have yall play in if enough of ya come out.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:09 PM   #5
HondaTrvlr
Banned

Bike(s):
A Few

User is banned

HondaTrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:11 PM   #6
HondaTrvlr
Banned

Bike(s):
A Few

User is banned

HondaTrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #7
FoxRider
Thumpitty thump

Bike(s):
1997 DR 650
Pitster 150

1984 Suburban

If it were my call I would say racing will only be allowed on the track. It's not my property, I am just the organizer, so Alan has the final say - although I'm sure he'll have similar input.

Just the notion of stunting in the lot will still be a bit dicey until both lots are paved. Currently, the GP track/ north lot is still gravel. We are expecting to park in the gravel and enter the GP track from the north entrance, and leave the south entrance for visitors and kids/newbies who need practice on the rental .5mi track.

To clarify, the whole facility has the space and amenities to allow this to grow into a huge event twice a month but for now, things are still getting ironed out not only with planning but also the construction.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:29 PM   #8
Grindio

Bike(s):
15 KTM 1290 Sup Adv Snow White
06 Kawasaki KX65 motard
03 KTM 625 SXC motard Vuvuzela
Yamaha TTR 110 motard TTR90 motard
07 BMW R1200RT Magic Carpet

Alright, lets get some Motards out there on Monday.
I'm taking the minis and will bring the KTM if we can get some others on motards out there.
Grindio is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-09-2017, 09:30 AM   #9
FoxRider
Thumpitty thump

Bike(s):
1997 DR 650
Pitster 150

1984 Suburban

Post in the Event thread I created and get a count of how many yall will bring so we can plan ahead if needed. The same rules apply - full leathers and gear required to ride the track, and no knobbies.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:38 AM   #10
FoxRider
Thumpitty thump

Bike(s):
1997 DR 650
Pitster 150

1984 Suburban

To put it into perspective, it's slightly shorter than GSS but much tighter. Here is a video of my first few laps on the GP .8mi track riding my TMGP F5 bike - Pitster 150

Old 06-30-2017, 12:04 PM   #11
FoxRider
Thumpitty thump

Bike(s):
1997 DR 650
Pitster 150

1984 Suburban

The final layer of track surface is being prepped for install and so for the month of July we will not be riding on the big track. Alan and I both have busy schedules this weekend so we are taking off for the first Monday of this month but he did say we are welcome to come run the .6mi rental course on the third Monday if we still Want to get our fix.

No MNM July 3rd.

July 17th is doable but only on the .6mi track.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:48 AM   #12
colt .45

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Z125

Anybody going to Monday night mini tomorrow?

A buddy and I will be there on our Zs.
colt .45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:38 PM   #13
joeybaila

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 3 years

2010 too fiddy

another coming soon....

I'll be there
Old 07-16-2017, 10:37 PM   #14
colt .45

Bike(s):
Z125

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybaila View Post
I'll be there
Awesome.

I'll bring the jacket liner.
Liked this post:
Old 07-20-2017, 04:43 PM   #15
FoxRider
Thumpitty thump

Bike(s):
1997 DR 650
Pitster 150

1984 Suburban

Regarding future Speedsportz trackdays and Monday Night Minis:
I spoke with Alan while checking out the progress on the final surface for the GP track and we're going to be implementing some new tech requirements for minis and karts to enter the track and will be inspectes before allowing access.

For now, these items are mandatory:
- some form of soft axle/frame/handlebar sliders to prevent metals from gouging the surface. (Thinknof it as a double investment so you can replace skateboard wheels instead of bars, levers, and pegs)
- safetywired fill and drain plugs for oil and coolant.
- catch cans for crankcase breather, carb overflow, and any other breather/vent/drain hoses if they are not circulated back into ansealed intake.
- kickstands and low-hanging metals must be removed if not sufficiently protected by sliders

These items are not mandatory but are also along the lines of TMGP and/or CMRA tech requirements and will help protect your bike, other riders, amd the track surface:
- belly pans
- safety wired or self-locking axle nuts, caliper bolts, and kickstart levers
- bar/lever guards
- self-sealing fuel tank cap vent

These points were made clear after a walk around and coincidentally while also a factory Grom was riding the short track and scraping the kickstand on the corners right next to us.

We both understand this will decrease the attendance short-term. I plan to do a little research and create or link to a write up for slider installs, and other items addressed.

The next MNM is in 18 days so talk with your racer buddies and get to wrenching!
Old 08-21-2017, 08:58 AM   #16
FoxRider
Thumpitty thump

Bike(s):
1997 DR 650
Pitster 150

1984 Suburban

Badoop Badoop Badoop Badoop. *News flash* I just got off the phone with Speedsportz owner and due to the apparent difficulties many riders are having with complying to the slider tech requirements, Alan will not turn anyone away for not having them and would rather see us come ride than be held back by tech rules. However, he did say he would like for us to eventually have some sort of soft-edged devices at the corners of our bikes to protect his brand new track in the event of a crash.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #17
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRider View Post
Badoop Badoop Badoop Badoop. *News flash* I just got off the phone with Speedsportz owner and due to the apparent difficulties many riders are having with complying to the slider tech requirements, Alan will not turn anyone away for not having them and would rather see us come ride than be held back by tech rules. However, he did say he would like for us to eventually have some sort of soft-edged devices at the corners of our bikes to protect his brand new track in the event of a crash.
I wonder how many crashes have actually happened out there. I know at Katy the track is all tore up because of the karts bottoming out and the sprockets digging in
Old 08-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #18
FoxRider
Thumpitty thump

Bike(s):
1997 DR 650
Pitster 150

1984 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
I wonder how many crashes have actually happened out there. I know at Katy the track is all tore up because of the karts bottoming out and the sprockets digging in
Not very many as the track only opened it's doors this Spring and just yesterday announced the GP track has had it's final surface layer cured and is ready for full time use.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:15 PM   #19
colt .45

Bike(s):
Z125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
Ask tony1k.
Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM   #20
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

so I am the only one here right now.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement