MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #21
obed
TMGP Pimp
 
obed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,717

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike






I understand the stand your ground issue.
No, I see no forward movement by the younger man after the older man falls, other than a bit of slight forward movement from the push... but no effort to go any closer to the older man. I see no further aggression on his part. That aggression alone would have prompted me to pull my weapon and if had continued forward I would have likely shot him myself. I did say the shooting met the minimum guide lines as I understand them to be there. If it were completely legal to shoot some one for being an , then both those guys could legally have been shot.
__________________
Be Free, Have Fun.... Give None, Take None
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tha devil is a liar sub-par Off Topic 12 03-17-2011 03:36 PM
need help to get a liar on c.l. bluewave18 General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 11-02-2007 09:31 AM
Rick Perry the liar paniro187 The Circus 31 01-07-2007 02:33 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2018, 11:38 AM   #22
Toe
et vincere nemo dividat
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 16,072

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
Ducati multistrada
BMW k 1600 GTL exclusive :)






When entitled punk meets reality. Love it!

This completely able woman at work parks in the handicap spot every day. She has a blue placard but it's either fraudulent or someone else's. me off..
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
Toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-23-2018, 11:42 AM   #23
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 26,830

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
I understand the stand your ground issue.
No, I see no forward movement by the younger man after the older man falls, other than a bit of slight forward movement from the push... but no effort to go any closer to the older man. I see no further aggression on his part. That aggression alone would have prompted me to pull my weapon and if had continued forward I would have likely shot him myself. I did say the shooting met the minimum guide lines as I understand them to be there. If it were completely legal to shoot some one for being an , then both those guys could legally have been shot.
Do you see the attacker pull up his pants after the push? There's a white stripe that extends from the curb separating the shooter from the car. The attacker moves closer and maybe even over that stripe after the push. Check it on a monitor, FULL SCREEN.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:44 AM   #24
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 31,629

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC
2002 Yamaha WR250
2004 Honda CRF-50

Member Garage


To me, he was moving forward (not aggressively) till he SAW the gun(not gun drawn).

Once he saw the gun that the older guy was about to draw, he started BACKING UP.

Once someone was backing away from me, I wouldn't draw and shoot.

To be honest, its easy for me to say that sitting in an airconditioned office and not on the ground after getting assaulted.
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:48 AM   #25
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 26,830

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
To me, he was moving forward (not aggressively) till he SAW the gun(not gun drawn).

Once he saw the gun that the older guy was about to draw, he started BACKING UP.

Once someone was backing away from me, I wouldn't draw and shoot.

To be honest, its easy for me to say that sitting in an airconditioned office and not on the ground after getting assaulted.
Plus we don't know what was being said. There could have been verbal threats after the push.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-23-2018, 11:52 AM   #26
obed
TMGP Pimp
 
obed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,717

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike






I do not see the shooting in this case as a defensive shooting...not at the point the round was fired...to me it was a off shooting, off that he had been pushed down...like I said I think both guys in this instance were ...one paid a higher penalty for it than the other.The attitude and behavior the older man displayed on this occasion makes me think he has had a few -whippings over the years, maybe why he carries now...and if he continues to act like he does, he will either shoot a few more people or get some more whippings.
__________________
Be Free, Have Fun.... Give None, Take None
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #27
FE_rex
Member
 
FE_rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: out west
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 93

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
06 Rocket
09 FLHP
08 VSCRAW
05 VSCRA
14 K1300S






Pay stupid games - win stupid prizes

Never just bring a hand, fist or knife to a fight in a carry state
FE_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:40 PM   #28
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER
 
J.J. McQuade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,726

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R


Member Garage





Moral of the story, mind your own business and don't put your hands on someone; because you never know who is packing. If both of these dipshits would have followed these two basic rules then nosy Nancy wouldn't have been pushed to the ground and baby-factory would still be alive to knock up handicapped parking ignoramous!
__________________
DORC
J.J. McQuade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-23-2018, 12:52 PM   #29
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,986

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
One of the guys at work said this parking compliance enforcer was well known at that convenient station for doing this to patron's all the time. If true, seems he should have enlisted in the academy at some point. Think he'd have been sticking his nose in someone else's business if he wasn't carrying?
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #30
TomballD
Senior Member
 
TomballD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,449

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80






Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. McQuade View Post
Moral of the story, mind your own business and don't put your hands on someone; because you never know who is packing. If both of these dipshits would have followed these two basic rules then nosy Nancy wouldn't have been pushed to the ground and baby-factory would still be alive to knock up handicapped parking ignoramous!


This!! End thread...
__________________
Danny
TomballD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:48 PM   #31
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 26,830

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
One of the guys at work said this parking compliance enforcer was well known at that convenient station for doing this to patron's all the time. If true, seems he should have enlisted in the academy at some point. Think he'd have been sticking his nose in someone else's business if he wasn't carrying?
You've not seen the smack downs inside Walmart?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:34 PM   #32
obed
TMGP Pimp
 
obed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,717

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike






I figure this shooter is not done yet.
With the demonstrations in Fl. today, the political pressure is being placed on the DA and would not be surprised to see the justice department get involved in nothing is done and demonstrations escalate. It might be different with Trump in the white house though, than it was with Obama there. Guess we just sit back with the peanuts and beer and wait.
__________________
Be Free, Have Fun.... Give None, Take None
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-23-2018, 04:31 PM   #33
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 26,830

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
With the demonstrations in Fl. today, the political pressure is being placed on the DA and would not be surprised to see the justice department get involved in nothing is done and demonstrations escalate.
Last Friday during a press conference the Pinellas County Sheriff said it would go to The State Attorney's Office.

According to the Sheriff the immunity that people are granted under ‘Stand Your Ground’ law, is not just an immunity from being charged, not just an immunity from being convicted, but is an immunity from arrest.

As far as the DOJ and any civil rights charges, two words: George Zimmerman
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"

Last edited by Bevo; 07-23-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:00 PM   #34
40Arpent
Cajun Proud
 
40Arpent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Downtown Greyhound Station
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,631

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Sears Free Spirit wit da fat slick on da back









Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
"look dude, you can't just kill people for pushing you down."
Actually, you can, in certain circumstances. It's call "disparity of force."
40Arpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-24-2018, 11:21 AM   #35
bdmpastx
The Cripple
 
bdmpastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,026

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR





What is weird, if he had just pulled the gun and not shot, he would have been arrested for brandishing a weapon.
__________________
Just the same way you are tortured by common sense, I am tortured as to why you have none.
bdmpastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-24-2018, 01:57 PM   #36
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 13,824


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Not in Texas. They changed that.
There is still a law against brandishing but the definition allows you to pull a gun in self defense but not fire it.
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:31 PM   #37
FastLife1K
Howdy
 
FastLife1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Caney, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 817

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 DR-650
'07 gsx-r 1000 (Sold)
2008 Ninja 250 (sold)
'09 Honda CBR (sold)
'09 GSXR 600 (Sold)

Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to FastLife1K Send a message via Yahoo to FastLife1K
I thought if you were the instigator of a situation such as the dude confronting them for the handicap parking issue then "stand your ground" doesn't apply ?

Either way in my books the shooter is not justified. People just need to mind their own business and if the parking was that big of an issued then phone the cops and move on with your day.
__________________
-Mike Z.

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast"
FastLife1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:37 PM   #38
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 31,629

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC
2002 Yamaha WR250
2004 Honda CRF-50

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLife1K View Post
I thought if you were the instigator of a situation such as the dude confronting them for the handicap parking issue then "stand your ground" doesn't apply ?

Either way in my books the shooter is not justified. People just need to mind their own business and if the parking was that big of an issued then phone the cops and move on with your day.
Right, but he didn't instigate the assault.
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:41 PM   #39
FastLife1K
Howdy
 
FastLife1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Caney, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 817

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 DR-650
'07 gsx-r 1000 (Sold)
2008 Ninja 250 (sold)
'09 Honda CBR (sold)
'09 GSXR 600 (Sold)

Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to FastLife1K Send a message via Yahoo to FastLife1K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
Right, but he didn't instigate the assault.
true but he did instigate the entire situation playing parking lot cop
__________________
-Mike Z.

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast"
FastLife1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:06 AM   #40
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 26,830

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLife1K View Post
true but he did instigate the entire situation playing parking lot cop
Oh the humanity! Ever heard of free speech?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy