MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic > The Circus
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
lone_rider
SDRC RouteMaster

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'08 CBR1000rr
'09 Kawi C-14 RIP

I AM THE MAJORITY!

Who am I? I am an American!

^^^No this is not just my opinion, this is a fact!^^^

These are my opinions.

I wanted to respond to several of the recent threads about politics, racisim and the media, but decided to just post my own in response to them. I read through most of the responses to "Are we becoming MORE divided since Obama's election?" and wanted to start with it.

I personally don't think we have become more divided since Obama has become president. The fact is racism exist and sometimes it rears it's ugly head more than others. I think more people that are truly racist, of all races, are more comfortable than ever in expressing themselves. I also believe a lot of people are buying into the hype, that is causing a lot of confusion for them. Plus with blogs, twitter, cable networks, facebook, forums like this, etc... the sharing of information and opinoins whether it is good, bad, accurate or inacurate has become overwhelming and lightening fast.

Just because you may feel a certain way about someone because of their skin color, does not affect me unless I choose to let it. I believe people are more united now than ever. Just drive or walk through your neighborhood, visit your local church, go to a bike meet, etc... In your own personal crisis or time of need, take note of the people that actually step-up and help, or offer words of encouragement. I honestly believe if you do this, with open eyes you will see, no matter what your race is, how strongly united we are in this great Nation of ours.

We are being treated like sheep by most of our elected officials and the media, and it does not matter what party they belong to. This is what they are doing right now

Do I feel that Obama has made comments that may provoke the racial tension that exist? Yes, I do.

Do I think Obama is a racist? No, I do not. I believe this is far from the truth. I do believe he is very calculating. He has surrounded himself, throughout his life, with people that he feels will further his career and his agenda, no matter what their race was/is. Also, he would not be where he is today if it were not for the "wealthy", and he knows that. The people that he is "supposedly" waging war against. How funny is that? Once again calculating!

There is a book Young Mr. Obama that I recommend reading. Whether you agree or disagree with him it will help you to understand why you don't like what he is doing or why you do. I know this is a long-shot, but you might even form your own opinon of him.

------

Stop being sheeple! Don't be naive, but look for the good that surrounds you and don't play into the hype that is being thrown at you, by people that don't care about you. This is how I see for the most part of what is taking place right now.

1) The media is looking at rating (money).
2) The politicians are looking for votes (money & power).
3) The activist that are screaming racisim , are looking for followers (money).

Please remember "They" are the few, "We" are the many.
We have a choice of what we are going to believe, and how we let it affect us.

Don't get me wrong, I do not see anything wrong with money or people making as much money as they want. This is about three specific groups of people and what they are willing to do, to you and me, for their own personal gains.
lone_rider is offline   Reply With Quote