MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #41
Hades
Underworld

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
**05 Repsol** gone :(
**CBR F4**Sold
**00 R6** Sold
**00 748** Sold
Illegal Senorita

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Hades
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
ok so whos cheaper out there? need an electric company asap before i move in saturday, would like someone affordable thank you
check out the website the power to choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
I'm some what knowledgeable on PPs
Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
i ride around the pole
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help finding... GSXR_911 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 04-24-2012 01:46 AM
Best Electric company morvegil Off Topic 19 04-22-2010 10:39 AM
Need Cheap Electric Company? Cbr954Dave Off Topic 4 01-22-2009 08:27 PM
i need help finding someone ikp460. Off Topic 6 03-02-2007 08:45 PM
Which Electric company do you use? Derek Steptoe Off Topic 16 07-21-2006 08:17 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #42
Gigolo Jason

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrick21 View Post
check this site out. It gives you a bunch of current offers from quite a few energy companies. Thats how I chose mine.

http://www.powertochoose.com/
+1
Old 05-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #43
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Do NOT go with First Choice. I had them at the condo and it was outragous.

I am currently using TXU at the rental house and Reliant at the house. TXU is by far superior in price and service.

SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #44
gem
o_O

Send a message via AIM to gem
Quote:
Originally Posted by gem View Post
ok, my last bill with them was $57.57

so happy camper again.

and its not just a fluke... the bill before that was $70
wait wait, did i mention i have a town home with a garage? and it was still only 57...

Attention for Rent: PM for a free quote.
Ask about the Emerald Club to see if you qualify for membership today!

gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:05 PM   #45
infidel
drpickles

Trackdays: 10+

id stick with reliant . if you have problem it alot easier to get them taken care of . i am an electrician and its so much easier to get centerpoint out when your provider is reliant.
Chlamydia. I think I might name my daughter Chlamydia.
infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #46
Ogre
Ancient one

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Never had a problem getting CenterPoint regardless of which provider I used. Had a terrible time with TXU and bad meter readings (e.g., $850 one month $250 the next) and they refused to correct them so I dumped them and went to StarTex.

My rate is 13.8/kWh, which I think is lower than they are currently offering. As someone said earlier, rates/offers are changing constantly so the best deal when I signed up may not be the best deal now. You need to check current offers on powertochoose.com. I will say that service with StarTex has been fine and I've saved about $1,300 since I switched to them. As an aside, StarTex is a women owned company, kind of unusual for a Texas energy company.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:43 PM   #47
infidel
drpickles

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Never had a problem getting CenterPoint regardless of which provider I used. Had a terrible time with TXU and bad meter readings (e.g., $850 one month $250 the next) and they refused to correct them so I dumped them and went to StarTex.

My rate is 13.8/kWh, which I think is lower than they are currently offering. As someone said earlier, rates/offers are changing constantly so the best deal when I signed up may not be the best deal now. You need to check current offers on powertochoose.com. I will say that service wit StarTex has been fine and I've saved about $1,300 since I switched to them. As an aside, StarTex is a women owned company, kind of unusual for a Texas energy company.
lol they are the same me3ter readers across the board what you dont understand is txu,green mountain etc just buy lots of energy from centerpoint and resell it to you. center/reliant own everything and do all the work the other guys don't do . wait till you have a tree knock down your service , or screww up and not pay your bill and have to wait 4 days for centerpoint o come turn you back on cause you "cheaper provider" can't get there straight. im an indenpendant electrical contractor and deal with the providers and centerpoint daily so i speak from a lil experience . sorry bout the grammar

i phone...
Chlamydia. I think I might name my daughter Chlamydia.
infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #48
Ogre
Ancient one

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidel View Post
lol they are the same me3ter readers across the board what you dont understand is txu,green mountain etc just buy lots of energy from centerpoint and resell it to you. center/reliant own everything and do all the work the other guys don't do . wait till you have a tree knock down your service , or screww up and not pay your bill and have to wait 4 days for centerpoint o come turn you back on cause you "cheaper provider" can't get there straight. im an indenpendant electrical contractor and deal with the providers and centerpoint daily so i speak from a lil experience . sorry bout the grammar

i phone...
I know exactly how it works and am well aware that CenterPoint does the meter reading. Hwever when I call my provider and tell them that the meter needs to be reread because the bill is double what it should be (which should have been obvious to them anyway because they know my historical usage opatterns) and the tell me I have to pay more $$ to have it reread and corrected and they still don't correct it and then try to slap additional fees on top of it, I have and issue with TXU. I'm very sure that CP would have reread the meter if TXU had requested it of them. TXU is the billing company and TXU is who I had the beef with. There are reliable providers other than Reliant and cheaper too, however TXU is not one of them.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:03 AM   #49
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:34 AM   #50
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualChocolate View Post
Do NOT go with First Choice. I had them at the condo and it was outragous.

I am currently using TXU at the rental house and Reliant at the house. TXU is by far superior in price and service.
Disregard my TXU statement. Just got a letter stating that I am going to have a rate hike. It's just the rental house (vacant) so I'm going to cut it off lol.

FirstChoice charged me the electricity bill for the entire condo complex and refused to believe that I didn't own the entire building. I Told them I was in 217 and they said you owe us 3XX dollars....I was like like WTF it's a CONDO. 3 months and numerous phone calls later (I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of 5XX over what I owed) it was finally resolved. I had electricity for about a year living because instead of a refund they said they would credit my account....when I asked for a refund they said they would only credit my account.

Last edited by SexualChocolate; 05-20-2008 at 09:37 AM.
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement