MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

AT&T Internet

can lick my ..

I've had them for three months and its been nothing but a headache, at least 10 people have come out to fix random that's broken.. my internet drops all the time.. it works for a week then stops for a week. they cant ever figure out ..

seriously look at this I woke up to today

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AT&T customer sold Internet service she can't receive NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 06-04-2014 08:40 PM
TV & Internet bundles Grinchy Off Topic 29 06-04-2010 10:36 AM
Internet question, can I use The Internet on my iPhone to hook up to a laptop? Hooligan Off Topic 7 01-19-2010 01:54 PM
What internet ?? 1FastMF Off Topic 17 01-11-2009 10:42 PM
Internet usage?? Hooligan Off Topic 16 07-05-2008 10:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

lolsbcdsl
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC

Member Garage

Dont know why people would switch from comcast?

Comcast is the best bang for the buck as far as speeds/price (If you want fast speeds)

and MY comcast service hasnt seen any down time...YET (im sure at some point I will) And Ive had them for the past 6 years...
Old 10-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
Dont know why people would switch from comcast?

Comcast is the best bang for the buck as far as speeds/price (If you want fast speeds)

and MY comcast service hasnt seen any down time...YET (im sure at some point I will) And Ive had them for the past 6 years...
comcast is good until their introductory offer runs out and you start paying full price.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

hmmm, ive never had a problem with my uverse internet.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
comcast is good until their introductory offer runs out and you start paying full price.
dunno man, yeah their price goes up, but it still better speed/price than anything else...
Old 10-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #7
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
THIS. I need to do something. My price jumped $15 a month when I ran out my contract.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #8
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Same here. They have to come out every few months and fix that .
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
AiJay
AJ... that's the name.

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Huffy 10sp

Send a message via AIM to AiJay Send a message via MSN to AiJay
How the did you guys get raped into a contract with comcast? I got below introductory prices and no contract. Once again thanls "Danny that no longer works at Comcast"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
That and piitb.
AiJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
cajunzx6
Banned

User is banned

cajunzx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #11
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
dunno man, yeah their price goes up, but it still better speed/price than anything else...
I would have agreed with you back when it was time warner, but since comcast has taken over they've really turned it into . The customer service is . It took me seven months to get them to fix a simple billing issue, and it took me canceling my service to finally get it resolved. I had their service out in katy and the speeds were less than the advertized speeds, and it went out fairly frequently, at least once or twice every few days.

Like I said though, still worth it for the blast service for $29.99 a month, but as soon as that's over and it shoots up to fuggin $60, not worth it. I used to be able to call and about it and they'd get me on the next special offer, but they stopped doing that. So if I'm going to pay $60 I'm going to give it to att for uverse service.

I'm kind of curious to know if the OP has uverse or just dsl service, because the screenshot shows SBC internet which shows for ATT's dsl service, and when I run the speed test for my uverse service it says "UVerse"
Old 10-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #12
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
THIS. I need to do something. My price jumped $15 a month when I ran out my contract.
yea. Just called and saved $50 a month on my cable bill. Apparently comcast "stopped applying my package discount."

Shady .
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 10-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #13
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aijay View Post
How the did you guys get raped into a contract with comcast? I got below introductory prices and no contract. Once again thanls "Danny that no longer works at Comcast"
I don't think he meant contract, I think he meant the term of the special offer. I'm not even sure that comcast does contracts on residential service.

Quote:
yea. Just called and saved $50 a month on my cable bill. Apparently comcast "stopped applying my package discount."

Shady .
Yup, gotta stay on top of that . At least you actually got some results

Last edited by Mr F.; 10-18-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #14
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
I don't think he meant contract, I think he meant the term of the special offer. I'm not even sure that comcast does contracts on residential service.
They DID contracts. Or at least when I signed up I got an even lower rate than advertised if I was willing to sign up for a year contract.

CMRA #302
Old 10-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #15
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Quote:
They DID contracts. Or at least when I signed up I got an even lower rate than advertised if I was willing to sign up for a year contract.
I always just signed up for internet service with them and used the free basic cable that came with it. I don't know if it's any different for extended cable tv service as I've never needed to purchase it. The only time I ever heard about any contracts from comcast is last year when we were exploring them as an option for our phone and internet service at our shop.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #16
Kinny
AONNOG

Bike(s):
None

Send a message via AIM to Kinny
Never really have problem with Uverse. My wireless does stop working every other week or so on my Uverse box so I just reboot it remotely from a PC. No big deal.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #17
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
I always just signed up for internet service with them and used the free basic cable that came with it. I don't know if it's any different for extended cable tv service as I've never needed to purchase it. The only time I ever heard about any contracts from comcast is last year when we were exploring them as an option for our phone and internet service at our shop.
I have their "everything package" Never done the al a carte thing.

CMRA #302
Old 10-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #18
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny View Post
Never really have problem with Uverse. My wireless does stop working every other week or so on my Uverse box so I just reboot it remotely from a PC. No big deal.

get a seperate wireless router from best buy. The equipment they provide is garbage. Did this at kib's house, and the wireless is WORLDS better. Before, if one machine in the house was downloading, nobody could even browse the web. Now, everything works like expected.

CMRA #302
Old 10-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #19
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Quote:
I have their "everything package" Never done the al a carte thing.
Word. With my media server at 10TB worth of to watch, I hardly used the tv for anything else
Old 10-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #20
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Word. With my media server at 10TB worth of to watch, I hardly used the tv for anything else
Yea, I have less than 1TB, and have actually gotten nastygrams from Comcast explicitly listing things I've downloaded.

EDIT: That, and I have photographic memory so only the REALLY good movies have any kind of reply value for me.

CMRA #302

Advertisement