MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Car Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
dc3843

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Repsol

70 Days too much?

So, Ive been wanting to have my Z painted for a while now, my mechanic hooked me up with his painter of choice, who he says does a GREAT job. So, I meet up with the guy, hes gonna fix all dents, fill the rear wiper hole, paint the car and all the jams. I bought all new weather stripping and provided that to him. he started out on the car on July 8th, the day I dropped it. When I dropped it, he very cockily said he'd have it done in 3 weeks. I said, its an old car, take your time, lets plan on a month. He agrees, and off he goes. I check on it weekly, and some weeks I see progress, some I see none. Ive been communicating with the guy through my mechanic when I'm working in Dallas, as the car is in Houston. I finally had enough waiting last weekend when I flew to Houston, went to the mechanics house and saw it sitting outside, bumper off, sitting under a tree. I told my mechanic I needed it back the following week. He contacts the painter, painter PROMISES it will be done wednesday. Mechanic tells him hes full of , but he'll give him till Friday. I call the mechanic this past Thursday to make sure we're good, he says painter says it'll be ready SATURDAY night. I'm like, uhh, what happened to Friday, but whatever. So, I fly down AGAIN from dallas, but this time I only book a one way ticket cause I'm convinced I'm driving my car back to Dallas. I go to the painters house tonight, car is toghether, but FILTHY, and the interior still isn't assembled and one of his guys says it wont be ready this weekend. Obviously I lose my . Told them I will be picking it up tomorrow morning ready or not, but if its not ready, hes not getting the rest of his money. So, I'm at home now, FUMING. I checked it out, tomorrow will be the 70th DAY that hes had my car. So, my question to you all, am I overreacting? Should I allow them to keep the car longer? Keep in mind when I've been to his place, I've seen other wrecked cars there, and then they were progressively fixed and now theyre gone. So mine is not a high priority apparently. So, what should I do?
dc3843 is offline   Reply With Quote