MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
1308cc
954 isn't a liter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
04 Honda VFR800
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR(Wrecked)
2002 Honda CBR 954RR (sold)
2006 Suzuki GS500F (sold)
2010 Yamaha FZ6R (sold)

Member Garage

Divorce stories

Yep...never thought it'd be me. 12 years poof, gone like that. After 3 years of trying to get over her infidelity, she just up and abandons me and my 3 boys. I tried to get over it, but there isn't enough counseling in the world to deal with some like that. This happened for the best. If I had up and left 3 years ago when she confessed, I'd be the one paying out the to maintain her lifestyle. that. I got a lawyer, been 3 months of back and forth trying to work things out of court. Nope, it's worse than the Dems vs. GOP. She ran off, took out a big chunk of some money I had saved, maxxed out the credit cards and stopped paying anything in that was joint in our names. Just a raw deal. I'm blessed I have my three boys, and a house for them to live in, but this sucks. I have a court date for March, and my lawyer is filing some emergeny motions to get some child support going. I know I'm going to be happy when this is settled, and I'll probably look back and think it was all worth it. Anyway, I might have to sell my bike to pay some legal costs. There's got to be some guys here that have some positive pick me up divorce stories right? lol
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thieving stories Squoddybody Off Topic 34 02-28-2012 11:36 AM
Arrest Stories Cap'n Stab'n Off Topic 21 08-03-2010 06:30 PM
Man Stories? Badchev Off Topic 2 08-16-2009 02:22 PM
Squid stories... Ulric Off Topic 9 04-04-2007 09:21 PM
ticket stories. PORSCHITO General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 06-23-2005 07:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Stolen

So sorry to hear this, but trust me when I say that you will get over it and life will go on. It's always for the best - it just takes a while to get there.

This is a pretty hot topic, too, so don't feel like you're on your own. I, too, stayed way longer than I should have, but I'm so glad I had the strength to divorce and move on. Good for you for being there for your boys. They will appreciate all you have done and will do for them. I'm getting there - my daughter is 16 and finally realizes, but my 14-yr-old son still thinks daddy hung the moon (he only sees him about three times a year - the last time he threatened me).

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...t+your+divorce

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Don't know what to say, but ! Sorry to hear that. There are two sides to every story though. Keep your head up high, and keep on trucking!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
j_e_hurst
Josh

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

That sucks man. Should've kicked her to the curb when she couldn't keep her legs closed.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Here is the positive: Both my and your wife is gone and you got you kids. That is great.

Here is the negative: that is the most expensive mistame we ever made. The money stuff will beat your long after tbe grief.
Lemme know if you want to have a drink sometime. The only thing you can do is live every day..keep getting up.....force yourself to do things you know that you like but do not feel like doing. Keep doing them and slowly the fog will lift.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
the_ruckus
Literally Satan

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2001 Ducati Monster M600

My divorce became final today...now, she's constantly calling and texting me...FML!
Go home, ...you're drunk!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
I might replace you with an orange cone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Natural selection just high fived poor judgement.
the_ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
Longdraw

Bike(s):
2007 KTM EXC 525
2007 VFR800, Interceptor
2003 Husky TE610/e-sold
2000 Husky TE410/e-sold
1998 Husky TE410-sold

Sorry you are going through this. I had my divorce 16 years ago. It was a total pain in the . Not to worry, it will be over and things will get better. Keep your head up!!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
1308cc
954 isn't a liter

Bike(s):
04 Honda VFR800
2010 Yamaha FZ6R (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
Don't know what to say, but ! Sorry to hear that. There are two sides to every story though. Keep your head up high, and keep on trucking!
Hey, I know there are two sides to a story. All I know, a husband that never drank, smoked, gambled, cheated on his wife, but worked all week and spent 100% of his free time with his wife and kids, doesn't deserve to be lied to and manipulated. 99% of our marriage was great. It was that 1% that screwed it all over. My wife felt unhappy in our marriage(obviously, her actions proved it). My biggest beef with her is she couldn't be honest with me. If she came to me before she she around and explained how she wasn't happy I would have done everything in my power to make her happy, but I didn't deserve this . I wish I had the power to kick her to the curb 3 years ago. But I'm alo in a much better place mentally now. I can see things for what they aare. All I am fighting for is what's best for my kids.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1308cc View Post
Hey, I know there are two sides to a story. All I know, a husband that never drank, smoked, gambled, cheated on his wife, but worked all week and spent 100% of his free time with his wife and kids, doesn't deserve to be lied to and manipulated. 99% of our marriage was great. It was that 1% that screwed it all over. My wife felt unhappy in our marriage(obviously, her actions proved it). My biggest beef with her is she couldn't be honest with me. If she came to me before she she around and explained how she wasn't happy I would have done everything in my power to make her happy, but I didn't deserve this . I wish I had the power to kick her to the curb 3 years ago. But I'm alo in a much better place mentally now. I can see things for what they aare. All I am fighting for is what's best for my kids.
Sounds like you did everything right. You can't be blamed for her infidelity. I hate it when people say that it's the fault of the other spouse that forces one to cheat. That's utter bullshit. She is a person. Cheaters are people who only care about themselves. If she cared about you or her children she wouldn't have done so.

I have been cheated on and tried to stay/work it out. It's never fun. It always sucks. I hate cheaters. She deserves every bad thing that happens to her.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
Corona Busa
The Hooter Girls Like it!

Bike(s):
2001 Corona Hayabusa!

I feel for you...a lot of us know what is going on with you & your emotions right now, but hang in there, things will get better!

Like they say, "You never really know a Woman...till you meet her in Divorce Court"!

All joking aside, I know it sucks, but just be strong for your Kids, they will thank You later!

Corona Busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #11
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Your knee-jerk reaction will be to go out and bang as much as you can! Don't do that and don't listen to anyone on here that tells you to do that. Your priorities are your kids and getting this divorce dissolved. My dip- father in law's wife ran off with the lawn guy 2 years ago and rather than take care of business and divorce the he was trying to be a pimp! Well that 10 years of marriage kicked in and she is now intitled to part of his pension. If he had taken care of business and divorced her 2 years ago she wouldn't have gotten jack! Now he is scrambling around trying to get the divorce finalized!
J.J. McQuade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #12
1308cc
954 isn't a liter

Bike(s):
04 Honda VFR800
2010 Yamaha FZ6R (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Sounds like you did everything right. You can't be blamed for her infidelity. I hate it when people say that it's the fault of the other spouse that forces one to cheat. That's utter bullshit. She is a person. Cheaters are people who only care about themselves. If she cared about you or her children she wouldn't have done so.

I have been cheated on and tried to stay/work it out. It's never fun. It always sucks. I hate cheaters. She deserves every bad thing that happens to her.
I tried hard to forgive her. Hence the 3 years of us trying to work it out. The last 3 months of our relationship(before she left) were up and down. I'd have depressed days, memories of all the that went on, it was like I was trying to forget the hurt, the harder I tried to forget and get "over" it, the worse it hurt. Thoughts of suicide, anger all that . I was going to a crappy marriage counseler, somehow he had me convinced it was all my fault. I read a book he gave me, in it it said one of the stages of healing was letting out to your betrayer all your pain. I did. I talked to her. Yelled some. Just started balling. I told her I didn't think I'd ever get over it. The next day she bounced. Left to friggin Ohio. wtf
She was gone 4 months and I never asked for anything. She sent money every month. Finally I came to the conclusion I didn't ever want her back. When I got a lawyer she went into beast mode. Blocking my every move. She stopped sending money. Started charging up the credit cards. I canceled them, but still got a hefty balance on them. Another angle in this dram is her parents live across the street. To say there is tension is an understatement. They have pretty much stayed out of the way, but I know they'll defend their daughter to the death, even though she abandonded them too. I have tons and tons of facts I can point out to show how bad she me, but all I can say she's doing the best she can. Just sad that her best isn't good for anybody else.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #13
green600
Banned

Experience: 1-3 months

User is banned

green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #14
GIXXERKELLY
Eatin Dirt

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2015 Husqvarna TC125
2003 Honda CR125

Been in your exact same spot brother. The weekend of my 10 year anniversary she anounces she's leaving me. 2 days later I find out for another man. She abondoned me and my two girls. She had been stealing money out of our account and pumping it into her private account. She also put stop payments on all the outstanding checks that had not hit and pocketed the money.

Karma served those two a dish I could have never even dreamed.

It's going to be a rough ride for a while but, i can tell you it gets better.

Get you a shark of a lawyer. You are going to need it.
GIXXERKELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #15
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

situatgions like this suck for sure. You did the right thing. Take care of your kids like you have been and im telling you it will all work out for the best. No need to be in a relationship like that. Life is too short for you to try and make her happy like that. She up and i promise she will realize it later. Take a deep breath and look around.. You will be way more happy

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:19 AM   #16
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

divorce hurts, it is supposed to hurt. It is the death of a relationship, the death of a life style. If the relationship was ever worth a , it's dying is naturally painful.
At the same time, it is also a birth. Birth of a new life, another chance at living...
Every mother I ever talked to, told me childbirth was painful, but it was worth it...
I hated my divorce, it was the most painful thing that ever happened to me...I can not say I ever thought about suicide, but i would not have minded dying at times, but the experience changed me, for the better...I now have the best life I have ever had... back then, I could not imagine that life would ever be this good.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
divorce hurts, it is supposed to hurt. It is the death of a relationship, the death of a life style. If the relationship was ever worth a , it's dying is naturally painful.
At the same time, it is also a birth. Birth of a new life, another chance at living...
Every mother I ever talked to, told me childbirth was painful, but it was worth it...
I hated my divorce, it was the most painful thing that ever happened to me...I can not say I ever thought about suicide, but i would not have minded dying at times, but the experience changed me, for the better...I now have the best life I have ever had... back then, I could not imagine that life would ever be this good.
Obed,
Interesting.
You and I are pretty close here. I have always described divorce as the "death of your life".
It is just as life changing as the death of a parent or loved one. THat same finality that comes with someone passing comes with divorce. Everything changes instantly and there is no going back.
The one thing that I would have never predicted in a million years is how many friends go away in the deal. It feels like your are poison and people want nothing to do with you.
I am totally OK with my divorce.
I WANT A REFUND. THE RECEIVED AND IS RECEIVING TOO MUCH MONEY!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #18
iBang

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'01 SV650N
'04 R1

Sorry to hear your troubles. I just broke up with my girlfriend of 9 years and fiancee for one. My just take solace in the fact that we DIDN'T get married and have kids so I got out of things without the financial burden of the split and we don't have to worry about custody battles or how it will affect anything other than the pets.

I'll say this - you definitely look back and see the warts you ignored for all that time once you're out. You get those nostalgic feelings and want them back, but pretty quick you start realizing that there was a lot of stuff you don't want back as well.

Just remember that the chemicals in your brain when you're going through this are the same one that deal with addiction. You are addicted to your ex and you've got to kick that habit.
iBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #19
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Been there and have similar stories. Mine was final last Oct after 13 years together and a few months short of 10 years married.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement