MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic > The Circus
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2018, 10:32 AM   #21
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNut View Post
I call bull.

Homeschoolers are self selecting when they take these tests. Meaning only the homeschool kids that will do well on these tests will take them.
read it and weep. I can't believe you don't know home schoolers are smarter than kids going to stupid govt public school. And they usually do better in college too.

https://www.onenewsnow.com/education...uperior-on-sat
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who was Mark Anthony Conditt, the Austin serial bomber? NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 03-21-2018 10:50 AM
Blast that rocked Texas FedEx facility may narrow search for Austin bomber NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 03-20-2018 06:10 PM
Austin bomber may not be an expert according to former ATF agent NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 03-15-2018 08:00 AM
Iranian bomber blows off his legs in Bangkok as grenade he hurled at police bounces o Grinchy Off Topic 29 02-15-2012 05:48 PM
So, the Uni-bomber was at the LSR and was sitting right across from me.... TxVrod Off Topic 5 11-16-2006 11:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2018, 10:43 AM   #22
hondarider77

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6

Send a message via AIM to hondarider77
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
read it and weep. I can't believe you don't know home schoolers are smarter than kids going to stupid govt public school. And they usually do better in college too.

The education might be better in private school but private school kids are generally worse. I know from experience. I went to both private and public schools. Private school kids were more and entitled and always seemed to get their hands on some good drugs. Almost like a hierarchy of snobs. Public school was a joke but it seemed like all private school cared about was the religious aspect of everything. I hated high school and elementary school. Couldnít stand the thought of being told what to do everyday. If I had to choose again I wouldnít change going to both. School is school. Some people loved high school. I hated it. Private and public. Both made me miserable. But not enough to go on a shooting rampage.
hondarider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #23
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!

Bike(s):
A Few

Quote:

Chew on this Bill. How many of the traits from the list you think this kid exhibited?

10 Reasons You Should Definitely NOT Homeschool

February 16, 2016 By Kris Bales

1. Your kids will be weird and unsocialized. I mean, really. Didnít you meet your neighborís auntís cousinís nephewís kids? They were homeschooled and so very weird.

2. Your kids wonít get to go to prom. They are going to miss that rite of passage. Youíre going to miss out on a chance to spend hundreds of dollars for your kid to go dancing for a couple of hours. Itís the one night that will probably outshine the entirety of your homeschool experience. Your kids canít miss prom. Donít homeschool!

3. Your kids will sit around all day doing nothing. Nothing. Just video games and TV all day.

4. Your kids will be pale and unhealthy from being in the basement all the time. Because thatís what homeschooling parents do. Just lock the kids in the basement. All day. Doing nothing but watching TV and playing video games.

5. Youíre not smart enough. Donít do it! Donít homeschool. Youíre probably not smart enough.

6. Your kids wonít be ready for the real world. Donít homeschool your kids! They will not be prepared for the real world. They wonít get to experience mean teachers, mean kids, bullying, or any of those other things that prepare kids for life after high school.

7. Your kids will only be able to get menial labor jobs. Didnít you know? All fast food employees are homeschoolers. That information is accurate as reported by someone who told one of my Facebook followers that we need lots of homeschool grads because we need people to work at the fast food places.

8. Your kids will never find anyone to date. How will your kids ever find anyone to date if you homeschool?! Iím sure this is a big concern for those of you with kids in elementary school. Youíve got to start Ďem early.

9. Your kids wonít learn how to interact with difficult people. People will be mean to them and theyíll just burst into tears or run away or some such.

10. You probably donít have enough patience. If you dare to homeschool, youíll probably just wind up running screaming from your house all crazy-eyed with your hair sticking up all over the place one day. Nobody wants that. Donít do it.

https://www.weirdunsocializedhomesch...ot-homeschool/
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:59 PM   #24
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:

https://www.onenewsnow.com/general/about

Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:13 PM   #25
JetBuilt
Repeat Offender

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Send a message via AIM to JetBuilt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Bill prefers his "news" tailored to suit his preconceived notions about the world...duh.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #26
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Chew on this Bill. How many of the traits from the list you think this kid exhibited?

10 Reasons You Should Definitely NOT Homeschool

February 16, 2016 By Kris Bales

1. Your kids will be weird and unsocialized. I mean, really. Didnít you meet your neighborís auntís cousinís nephewís kids? They were homeschooled and so very weird.

2. Your kids wonít get to go to prom. They are going to miss that rite of passage. Youíre going to miss out on a chance to spend hundreds of dollars for your kid to go dancing for a couple of hours. Itís the one night that will probably outshine the entirety of your homeschool experience. Your kids canít miss prom. Donít homeschool!

3. Your kids will sit around all day doing nothing. Nothing. Just video games and TV all day.

4. Your kids will be pale and unhealthy from being in the basement all the time. Because thatís what homeschooling parents do. Just lock the kids in the basement. All day. Doing nothing but watching TV and playing video games.

5. Youíre not smart enough. Donít do it! Donít homeschool. Youíre probably not smart enough.

6. Your kids wonít be ready for the real world. Donít homeschool your kids! They will not be prepared for the real world. They wonít get to experience mean teachers, mean kids, bullying, or any of those other things that prepare kids for life after high school.

7. Your kids will only be able to get menial labor jobs. Didnít you know? All fast food employees are homeschoolers. That information is accurate as reported by someone who told one of my Facebook followers that we need lots of homeschool grads because we need people to work at the fast food places.

8. Your kids will never find anyone to date. How will your kids ever find anyone to date if you homeschool?! Iím sure this is a big concern for those of you with kids in elementary school. Youíve got to start Ďem early.

9. Your kids wonít learn how to interact with difficult people. People will be mean to them and theyíll just burst into tears or run away or some such.

10. You probably donít have enough patience. If you dare to homeschool, youíll probably just wind up running screaming from your house all crazy-eyed with your hair sticking up all over the place one day. Nobody wants that. Donít do it.

https://www.weirdunsocializedhomesch...ot-homeschool/
those have to be some dumbest things I have ever read. May I respond with my list that I didn't steal from some liberal asswipe asswipe named Kris Bales.

don't send your kids to public school because:

1. They will meet other kids with no morals and end up getting pregnant.

2. they will learn they evolved from monkeys so they will act like monkeys and shoot each other. Afterall there is no consequence. You can't argue this because it is happening all the time. So your kids have a better chance of ending up dead in a public school ran by morons.

3. They will get beat up and tortured by kids that have parents sometimes they are bullied so bad they kill themselves.

4. They will have all kinds of peer pressure to do drugs they never would even see or or hear about if they are homeschooled.

5. The govt that is corrupt will put their liberals agenda on them to give them a farked up view of the world. So they will be good snow flakes in college.

6. There is no discipline so again the monkeys take over and abuse the teachers.

7. is not allowed in school because they teach the monkey theory so kids don't think anythign will happen( like an erternity in ) for killing their classmates.

8. They will also catch bad disease from sleeping with everybody because the world says that's ok.

9. They will learn to hate america and the americane way because that is what liberals think.

10. They will be taught to hate being white because they are priviledge and should be ashamed of their white heritage. They will also be taught skewed history to show how bad america is. My daughter was taught about slavery for a freak'n whole year in history. A year.

public school. IF my kids were school age, i would never send them to that shitty indoctrination institution by our govt.

I think vouchers should be the law that way parents can send their kid to learn from people that don't have pensions and our competitive to do better. I feel sorry for black people in the inner city to send their kids to those holes that they could very well end up being shot, raped or murdered and geet a education to boot.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:39 PM   #27
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!

Bike(s):
A Few

Ok Bill, Iíll break it down to the simplest level for you.

If this kid would of went to public school he might of developed social skills. Skills to get a GF.

If the kid was getting some , Iím sure this bombing wouldnít of happened.

MH Member: "The hate group quit posting because of you".
Me: Hold my beer...
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:46 PM   #28
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Ok Bill, I’ll break it down to the simplest level for you.

If this kid would of went to public school he might of developed social skills. Skills to get a GF.

If the kid was getting some , I’m sure this bombing wouldn’t of happened.
So by that rational the public school shooting kids get a ton of yet they still mow down kids in the highschool. Do you want me to list how many kids the public school has put out that murdered people compared to homeschool'd kids?

if you love youre kids don't send them to monkey theory public school war zones.

What the heck i'll do anyway
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

Last edited by gixxerbill; 03-22-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #29
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Bill, I believe that the actual numbers show that despite the liberal complaints to the contrary, home schooled students do better than either public school or (most) private schools...
but the reality of the situation is not so much the quality of the education itself ( and with social promotion and lowered standards public school education is not what it used to be), but is the environment the kids are raised in. Most who home schooling parents are actually involved parents, the teach values, responsibility and respect to their kids all the time not just during education time...so I believe it is the quality of the parenting that gives most home schooled kids the edge in life.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:53 PM   #30
brandontx

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Ok Bill, Iíll break it down to the simplest level for you.

If the kid was getting some , Iím sure this bombing wouldnít of happened.
Home schooling is usually better for brighter kids, especially in the earlier years. The bar is set pretty low in elementary school. Many kids enter Kindergarten reading at a second grade or higher level while some kids can't read at all. A third of children in Houston and the surrounding areas don't even speak English yet. Home schooling allows many kids to start at the higher level and work from there. Only option in elementary in many cases is for kids to start at higher grades but there are issues with them being in class with much older children. High school offers AP and Honors programs for smarter kids and those programs often don't exist in most elementary schools.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:04 PM   #31
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
Home schooling is usually better for brighter kids, especially in the earlier years. The bar is set pretty low in elementary school. Many kids enter Kindergarten reading at a second grade or higher level while some kids can't read at all. A third of children in Houston and the surrounding areas don't even speak English yet. Home schooling allows many kids to start at the higher level and work from there. Only option in elementary in many cases is for kids to start at higher grades but there are issues with them being in class with much older children. High school offers AP and Honors programs for smarter kids and those programs often don't exist in most elementary schools.
Guess I better get on the ball with my 4 year old and his reading. My 8 year old excels in the Tomball District, all A's excellent behavior, artistic. We spend alot of time with our kids though. It really is about home life.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:47 PM   #32
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
Guess I better get on the ball with my 4 year old and his reading. My 8 year old excels in the Tomball District, all A's excellent behavior, artistic. We spend alot of time with our kids though. It really is about home life.
I agree, home life is the most important key...
kids can do well in a good system,and better than most in any system if their parents stay involved and give them the actual direction they need.
Parents who are not involved and do not keep up with their kids progress are all too common and are the reason our public school systems have slid so much.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:12 PM   #33
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
Word. Teachers can't teach them everything they need to know. My daughter does well in school and is very well behaved there but we are just now starting to have some issues at home with her being very ungrateful. I'm not sure if it is because she is adjusting to no longer being an only child or if it's because she has never had to do without. Her and her attitude are signed up for a lot of volunteer work to help under privileged kids in the next few months. I told her I had to spend a lot of time doing it when I was a kid. Left out the part about it being court ordered.
Liked this post:
Old 03-22-2018, 04:17 PM   #34
hondarider77

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6

Quote:
Word. Teachers can't teach them everything they need to know. My daughter does well in school and is very well behaved there but we are just now starting to have some issues at home with her being very ungrateful. I'm not sure if it is because she is adjusting to no longer being an only child or if it's because she has never had to do without. Her and her attitude are signed up for a lot of volunteer work to help under privileged kids in the next few months. I told her I had to spend a lot of time doing it when I was a kid. Left out the part about it being court ordered.
Good ol court ordered community service. Take my younger sister with you for the attitude adjustment work you signed your daughter up for. She’s turning into a . Couldn’t be bothered to go to our grandmothers funeral because she wanted to stay home and smoke pot with her other juvenile delinquent friends. And my mom has checked out as a parent. But I can’t say anything or I look like a douche.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #35
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider77 View Post
Good ol court ordered community service. Take my younger sister with you for the attitude adjustment work you signed your daughter up for. Sheís turning into a . Couldnít be bothered to go to our grandmothers funeral because she wanted to stay home and smoke pot with her other juvenile delinquent friends. And my mom has checked out as a parent. But I canít say anything or I look like a douche.
My father always said aliens abduct your children at age 16 but not to worry because they bring them back when they are in their 20s.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:10 PM   #36
hondarider77

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6

Quote:
My father always said aliens abduct your children at age 16 but not to worry because they bring them back when they are in their 20s.
Well if they bring her back maybe they can drop off all my missing 10mm and 8mm sockets that have disappeared.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:32 AM   #37
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
Bill, I believe that the actual numbers show that despite the liberal complaints to the contrary, home schooled students do better than either public school or (most) private schools...
but the reality of the situation is not so much the quality of the education itself ( and with social promotion and lowered standards public school education is not what it used to be), but is the environment the kids are raised in. Most who home schooling parents are actually involved parents, the teach values, responsibility and respect to their kids all the time not just during education time...so I believe it is the quality of the parenting that gives most home schooled kids the edge in life.
totally agree with everything you said it totally makes sense. Now will bucknut see the light?

Advertisement