MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2018, 11:01 PM   #161
Gixxerguy86
Rider. Tuner. Wrencher.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1986 GSXR 815
2002 Bandit 1200
GSXR 1137cc Frankendragster (SOLD)
2002 Bandit 600 (SOLD)
lots of dirt bikes

and for anyone that still wants to go, I live on the north side of SA and can gladly lead a ride, weather permitting of course. theres lots of good twisty and scenic roads right outside of town going all the way to the sisters, as an alternative if 337 stays closed. I know the area quite well as I used to go out there every weekend. If you still intend on making the trip, give me a heads up so I can have an idea of the group size and begin making arrangements. We can rendezvous in Ingram, KSU @ 9am since that was the original plan and to accommodate those who still have reservations.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HILL COUNTRY RIDE--AUSTIN Azylum Events, Meets and Rides 144 08-12-2008 09:22 PM
Hill Country Ride dudewhrsmybike Events, Meets and Rides 264 05-27-2008 10:18 AM
Aug Hill Country Ride Mad Max Events, Meets and Rides 299 09-26-2007 07:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2018, 03:10 AM   #162
The Morganator

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha FZ1
2008 ZX14
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory 1100

Member Garage

For those that are still taking fri. off and would like to ride we can do a marathon ride that covers every curvy road i know around the area. It would take all day and cover as many miles as the Hill Country ride would have. Post if your interested. I will make a new thread if we have enough respond.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #163
motokp
Member Extraordinaire

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
16 BMW S1KRR
14 BMW S1KRR -- SOLD
2011 Harley FXS Blackline -- SOLD
07 - CBR600RR -- SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to motokp
Thank you for trying to organize this Keith!! I was really looking forward to this ride but if the roads are not safe for riding its the best call to cancel the ride.
motokp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #164
The Morganator

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha FZ1
2008 ZX14
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory 1100

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by motokp View Post
Thank you for trying to organize this Keith!! I was really looking forward to this ride but if the roads are not safe for riding its the best call to cancel the ride.
I have a surprise alternative coming soon.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:52 PM   #165
Ronin

Bike(s):
2010 BMW S1000rr
03 CBR 600RR (sold)
10 CBR 600RR (sold)
10 CBR 1000RR (sold)

*UPDATE: Room and trailer has been booked with those who responded. If anyone else is still interested then you'd have to trailer or ride up there and reserve another room and we can link up on Friday. If anyone is still interested, let us know!*

Ok, so after discussing the situation with some guys, this trip is still a go for those who are interested. I'm trying to figure out how many people are still interested. Apparently I've been told the roads are good enough to ride and predicted forecast does NOT show any rain for the weekend! So what I would need to know is....

1) How many people are interested and COMMITTED to trailering the bikes up there Friday morning and doing a quick "exploratory" ride that Friday evening? (That will determine what type of lodging to get, if we share the room and split the costs it will be less than $60 a person per night)

2) Does anyone have a trailer that can fit at least 4 bikes? If no one wants to drive up there I can take my truck with a trailer (if I can borrow one).

I know Gixxerguy can't ride on Friday with us so that's the reason for the exploratory ride but on Saturday if he can lead on some good roads we can give him feedback on how the two sisters were on Friday, since I'm pretty sure 337 is out at this point.

Last edited by Ronin; 10-24-2018 at 07:43 PM.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:45 PM   #166
Gixxerguy86
Rider. Tuner. Wrencher.

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1986 GSXR 815
2002 Bandit 1200
GSXR 1137cc Frankendragster (SOLD)
2002 Bandit 600 (SOLD)
lots of dirt bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
*UPDATE: Room and trailer has been booked with those who responded. If anyone else is still interested then you'd have to trailer or ride up there and reserve another room and we can link up on Friday. If anyone is still interested, let us know!*

Ok, so after discussing the situation with some guys, this trip is still a go for those who are interested. I'm trying to figure out how many people are still interested. Apparently I've been told the roads are good enough to ride and predicted forecast does NOT show any rain for the weekend! So what I would need to know is....

1) How many people are interested and COMMITTED to trailering the bikes up there Friday morning and doing a quick "exploratory" ride that Friday evening? (That will determine what type of lodging to get, if we share the room and split the costs it will be less than $60 a person per night)

2) Does anyone have a trailer that can fit at least 4 bikes? If no one wants to drive up there I can take my truck with a trailer (if I can borrow one).

I know Gixxerguy can't ride on Friday with us so that's the reason for the exploratory ride but on Saturday if he can lead on some good roads we can give him feedback on how the two sisters were on Friday, since I'm pretty sure 337 is out at this point.

Between today and yesterday we only got sprinkles and light rain. The rain has stopped now and we are looking forward to a beautiful weekend! I have some buddies who went out to the sisters post-torrential downpour this past weekend and although 335 is destroyed (boring road anyway) I was told 336 is clear and so is 337 with the exception of about 4" of water crossing the road at a low point after the twisties headed into Leakey. Not bad, and should definitely clear out by this weekend. The road was only closed during the heavy rain, its now re-opened. I was also told 16 is good. I've personally ridden PR37 out to Lake Medina and surrounding areas and all was good as well

Last edited by Gixxerguy86; 10-24-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Gixxerguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-24-2018, 09:02 PM   #167
Ronin

Bike(s):
2010 BMW S1000rr
03 CBR 600RR (sold)
10 CBR 600RR (sold)
10 CBR 1000RR (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxerguy86 View Post
Between today and yesterday we only got sprinkles and light rain. The rain has stopped now and we are looking forward to a beautiful weekend! I have some buddies who went out to the sisters post-torrential downpour this past weekend and although 335 is destroyed (boring road anyway) I was told 336 is clear and so is 337 with the exception of about 4" of water crossing the road at a low point after the twisties headed into Leakey. Not bad, and should definitely clear out by this weekend. The road was only closed during the heavy rain, its now re-opened. I was also told 16 is good. I've personally ridden PR37 out to Lake Medina and surrounding areas and all was good as well

Awesome!!! That's great news!! We will keep in touch with you once we are all loaded up and hitting the road. We're still trying to figure out all the logistics of it all but I'm pretty sure we'll get it by the time we end up leaving. We will see you this weekend!! Thanks again for keeping us updated on the conditions out there!!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement