MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2020, 09:06 AM   #1
pbfoot
Senior Member
 
pbfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Fondren Gardens
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,152

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1999 Honda VFR800









Dunlop Roadsmart 2 New style

Installed Dunlop Roadsmart.2 tires on my 1999 VFR800. I ran these tires on my 06 Concours for 7 years and loved them. Previous versions were made in the US or the UK. This version is made in Thailand. Previous tires were Michelin Sport 2CT. I didn't like them. No feedback so I couldn't push in the corners. Will update this thread on mileage and handling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200411_094303.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	105647   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200411_094241.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	105648   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200411_094312.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	105649  

__________________
If you don't have time to do it right, when do you have time to do it over?
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: New Dunlop Roadsmart II...190/55/17... The Morganator Motorcycle Parts and Accessories 11 07-04-2017 03:18 PM
Dunlop RoadSmart III pricing BD#270 Cycle Shack North 3 05-17-2017 12:14 PM
$90 Dunlop Rebate on Q3's, Roadsmart III's, .... BD#270 Cycle Shack North 18 04-01-2017 03:17 PM
Dunlop roadsmart messiah Motorcycle Parts and Accessories 1 07-31-2012 06:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2020, 09:18 AM   #2
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sebastopol, California
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 5,971

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 BMW K1200S
1994 Honda Shadow VLX600
FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper - SOLD
1964 Tote Gote - SOLD
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD






Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
How much do these tires cost? How is the compound?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?

Formally - Toe
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-11-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
pbfoot
Senior Member
 
pbfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Fondren Gardens
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,152

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1999 Honda VFR800









Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
How much do these tires cost? How is the compound?
Cheap. I paid 167 for both tires. The previous generation of this tire was based on the Sportmax Q3. This tire is dual compound with a deeper tread than the Q3. So it is sticky like a Q3 on the sides but has a harder compound in the center for longevity. I was getting 8500 to 10k out of a back tire. I have high hope for this tire. About to head out and break them in.
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 05:55 PM   #4
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sebastopol, California
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 5,971

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 BMW K1200S
1994 Honda Shadow VLX600
FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper - SOLD
1964 Tote Gote - SOLD
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD






Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfoot View Post
Cheap. I paid 167 for both tires. The previous generation of this tire was based on the Sportmax Q3. This tire is dual compound with a deeper tread than the Q3. So it is sticky like a Q3 on the sides but has a harder compound in the center for longevity. I was getting 8500 to 10k out of a back tire. I have high hope for this tire. About to head out and break them in.
Definitely update us for sure

I'm currently running Michelin Road 5
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?

Formally - Toe
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-12-2020, 05:09 AM   #5
SilverBullet
Senior Member
 
SilverBullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Harmaston, TX
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,525

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2003 KTM 200EXC
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400






I'll be following this thread as I recently picked up a 5th Gen VFR myself. It came with a low mile Continental Conti Motion set. Seem fine but have only ridden the bike once and I didn't push the tires at all.

I see that Dunlop also has a similar Roadsport 2 tire. About $25 more a set. Might be new as RMATV only has one review.
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 05:43 AM   #6
The Morganator
Moderator
 
The Morganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,361

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
I'll be following this thread as I recently picked up a 5th Gen VFR myself. It came with a low mile Continental Conti Motion set. Seem fine but have only ridden the bike once and I didn't push the tires at all.

I see that Dunlop also has a similar Roadsport 2 tire. About $25 more a set. Might be new as RMATV only has one review.
Alot of our group run the RoadSport 2 including me. Iíve heard nothing but good feedback and for the price you canít beat them. Great mileage for a sport tire. Check with Bill Drake at Iron Horse Powersports for the best pricing. His price should be around the same price for a set.
__________________
"King of Clean"
The Morganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-12-2020, 08:51 AM   #7
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sebastopol, California
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 5,971

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 BMW K1200S
1994 Honda Shadow VLX600
FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper - SOLD
1964 Tote Gote - SOLD
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD






Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morganator View Post
Alot of our group run the RoadSport 2 including me. Iíve heard nothing but good feedback and for the price you canít beat them. Great mileage for a sport tire. Check with Bill Drake at Iron Horse Powersports for the best pricing. His price should be around the same price for a set.
On your next meet, ask what the average mileage everyone is getting on their sets... This would be a good comparison.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?

Formally - Toe
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:56 AM   #8
The Morganator
Moderator
 
The Morganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,361

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
On your next meet, ask what the average mileage everyone is getting on their sets... This would be a good comparison.
I have...most say around 4K to 4.5K on the rear which is really good for liter bikes in my opinion. For comparison i ran Diablo Rosso 3ís which cost $185 for the rear and it got 3500 miles. The RoadSport 2 got 4500 miles and cost half the price at $95.
__________________
"King of Clean"
The Morganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:22 AM   #9
SilverBullet
Senior Member
 
SilverBullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Harmaston, TX
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,525

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2003 KTM 200EXC
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400






Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfoot View Post
... Will update this thread on mileage and handling.
Any update yet? I'm already needing to order a rear tire as just back from a 1,300 mile ride. The ContiMotion's haven't disappointed me yet so might order one to match the front tire for now. Only $6 more than the Dunlop and you get this flat assistance as a bonus.
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:31 AM   #10
Oskar_Z28
Senior Member
 
Oskar_Z28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 394

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
15 GROM
17 FZ10








Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Definitely update us for sure

I'm currently running Michelin Road 5
Can't go wrong with those Michelins though. I was skeptical, but after using them for a while, it's an awesome street tire. It probably would get destroyed at the track in summer, but on the street it's wonderful.
Oskar_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:00 PM   #11
pbfoot
Senior Member
 
pbfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Fondren Gardens
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,152

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1999 Honda VFR800









Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
Any update yet? I'm already needing to order a rear tire as just back from a 1,300 mile ride. The ContiMotion's haven't disappointed me yet so might order one to match the front tire for now. Only $6 more than the Dunlop and you get this flat assistance as a bonus.
So far so good. Just toodling around and they feel great.Smooth and grippy. The grinding from the front Michelin Power 2ct is gone. It was cupped horribly. Planning on a long ride this weekend and I will update again.
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:01 PM   #12
pbfoot
Senior Member
 
pbfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Fondren Gardens
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,152

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1999 Honda VFR800









Rode out to Waller for the Morganstang GTP. The tires did not disappoint. Very grippy and smooth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200426_154557.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	918.2 KB
ID:	105730   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200426_154603.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1,008.7 KB
ID:	105731   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200426_154613.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	105732  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200426_154618.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	105733   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200426_111338.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	105734  
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 04:48 PM   #13
pbfoot
Senior Member
 
pbfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Fondren Gardens
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,152

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1999 Honda VFR800









Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
Any update yet? I'm already needing to order a rear tire as just back from a 1,300 mile ride. The ContiMotion's haven't disappointed me yet so might order one to match the front tire for now. Only $6 more than the Dunlop and you get this flat assistance as a bonus.
See thread. Rode today. Very nice.
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:46 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy