MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2019, 12:37 PM   #21
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
A Few

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkynrk View Post
I can see MA allowing a single spec class mini bike setup and I think it is a good thing if it is structured right - Red Bull Rookies style perhaps. It is better than having no class in MA for the mini bikes.
I will politely disagree. My opinion is they offer a spec sealed engine and let the cream rise to the top. Both rider and manufacture.

Bucci is very open to the idea. Will Rise Moto permit this? Who knows, they are bringing the money to the table.

Of course Iím biased simply because we made a decision on Bucci before we learned about what Rise Moto was doing behind the scenes. Sigh
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A look at Astros' 2019 spring training schedule NewsBot Sports 0 08-30-2018 02:00 PM
Rockets announce 2018-2019 schedule NewsBot Sports 0 08-10-2018 02:45 PM
TMGP May Schedule obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 3 05-17-2012 12:47 PM
2009 TMGP SCHEDULE FastLine Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 4 03-09-2009 08:20 AM
TMGP 08 Schedule Rick H.I.C. Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 2 02-26-2008 04:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2019, 01:12 PM   #22
sharkynrk

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 ZX6R
09 250R Track
93 F2.5 Track
2015 Grom
08 Versys 650

Send a message via Yahoo to sharkynrk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNut View Post
I will politely disagree. My opinion is they offer a spec sealed engine and let the cream rise to the top. Both rider and manufacture.

Bucci is very open to the idea. Will Rise Moto permit this? Who knows, they are bringing the money to the table.

Of course Iím biased simply because we made a decision on Bucci before we learned about what Rise Moto was doing behind the scenes. Sigh
I like competition. It forces teams and manufacturers to be be better. And in that way a spec sealed engine and freedom for chassis/suspension/brakes whatever would be good for the market of minibikes. And good for the riders potentially as well.

The problem is of course proving the case and convincing someone to step up and see if it will be good and if it will work. This really isn't that different between the KTM Cup and the Junior Cup.

The KTM Cup allowed for "proof" to the validity of the 300 class bike feeder series. Once it was on solid ground, the jump could be made to the Junior Cup. And it didn't go without hiccups in the first year after the jump early on. That would have been harder for teams to deal with in year 1 of a brand new displacement class.

A full spec series like the KTM Cup, especially if a manufacturer is willing to help foot the bill. opens doors for riders and teams.
sharkynrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-07-2019, 06:35 PM   #23
RC45

Bike(s):
Some old 2 stroke track bikes

For me I am not really approaching this from a competition aspect, but rather a way to keep track sharp without having to go full trackday as often.

The Ohvale caught my eye, but the price seemed a bit high - and the social media promotion just had the feel of a bandwagon approach.

The local Bucci price for a hobbyist seems more reasonable at the moment, but I suppose one does not want to be caught with the "other brand" if they get squeezed out of the market.

Maybe Bucci might end up the privateer goto chassis while the Ohvale will chase the "track school & single make fleet" sales. That seems to be where the bigger money will be. Fleet sales and support.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:06 PM   #24
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

What is so wrong with the kayo? I know the quality is not on par with the others and the motor options is not as varried but I like mine. Sucks there is only one source for parts and the bike. I think with the right upgrades the kayo is a better option for just "training" and fun.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:47 PM   #25
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!

Bike(s):
A Few

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
The local Bucci price for a hobbyist seems more reasonable at the moment, but I suppose one does not want to be caught with the "other brand" if they get squeezed out of the market.
The Italian underdog arrived today. We immediately tore it down. Thanks FedEx/TNT transport for all the bruises. Just ainít right to treat such a machine with carelessness. Will be interesting to see how much responsibility they take for their negligence.

RC, Iím not worried about being squeezed out, this thing is so well thought out that parts can be sourced from TBolt to Fleabay. The SSRís has treated us good, but this Bucci is on a whole new level with quality and adjustability.

The 110 heart will be replaced with a 125.

Liked this post:
Old 02-07-2019, 08:53 PM   #26
RC45

Bike(s):

FWIW, I was told the 10" wheels of the Bucci and Ohvale are more likely to be permitted entry to more kart facilitates compared 12" wheeled bikes.

Have no idea how true that is - then the parts availability for the Bucci and Ohvale from many UK, and European sources if the US importers closed up shop.

To be honest I had not given the Kayo much thought at all.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:56 PM   #27
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!

Bike(s):
A Few

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABRIEL View Post
What is so wrong with the kayo?
Great question and one of the reasons I stayed away from the Kayo.

My kids competed competed against a 125cc kayo and would give him fits on their 110cc SSR Motards. That same kid sold his kayo the last TMGP race and competed on a 110cc Ohvale. He cleaned up. The change in his confidence and performance was a quantum leap.

I was the first one to criticize the 10Ē wheels. But after seeing that, there is something to these bikes.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:57 PM   #28
RC45

Bike(s):

Quote:
The Italian underdog arrived to
day. We immediately tore it down. Thanks FedEx/TNT transport for all the bruises. Just ain’t right to treat such a machine with carelessness. Will be interesting to see how much responsibility they take for their negligence.

RC, I’m not worried about being squeezed out, this thing is so well thought out that parts can be sourced from TBolt to Fleabay. The SSR’s has treated us good, but this Bucci is on a whole new level with quality and adjustability.

The 110 heart will be replaced with a 125.

Nice!

Yours must be the one Jordan said they put together in record time and got shipped out!

Well, since we have 1 in town already I am going to pull the trigger on the Bucci!

Is that a 110 auto you took out?

Last edited by RC45; 02-07-2019 at 08:59 PM.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:51 AM   #29
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!

Bike(s):
A Few

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Is that a 110 auto you took out?
We opted for the 110 clutch.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:36 AM   #30
sharkynrk

Bike(s):
07 ZX6R
09 250R Track
93 F2.5 Track
2015 Grom
08 Versys 650

Send a message via Yahoo to sharkynrk
What did the 110 clutch Bucci run you? What are everyone's thoughts on this vs a NSF 100?
sharkynrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:34 PM   #31
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!

Bike(s):
A Few

Iíve got a good thing going, wonít disclose my deal. Bucci REALLY wanted my daughter on the first one here in the US!

NSF-100ís are like unicorns!

MH Member: "The hate group quit posting because of you".
Me: Hold my beer...
Liked this post:
Old 02-08-2019, 06:23 PM   #32
joeybaila

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 3 years

2010 too fiddy

another coming soon....

Quote:
Iíve got a good thing going, wonít disclose my deal. Bucci REALLY wanted my daughter on the first one here in the US!

NSF-100ís are like unicorns!
I love my NSF. after I sold my first one, I regretted it so bad, had to buy another.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:45 PM   #33
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Love that bike Bucknut. Looks sweet. I had no idea about Bucci till this thread. Wen the Ohvale towards end of last year at the track but I really like what I see here. Where did you get it?

As for spec series, there are similar parralles in kid karting, and I can tell you it costs a lot more for what you ae running as only certain shops can work on the seal engines, and everything from parts to service get marked up. Then people still complain and protests force tear downs and more costs, etx. etx.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:38 PM   #34
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!

Bike(s):
A Few

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
Love that bike Bucknut. Looks sweet. I had no idea about Bucci till this thread. Wen the Ohvale towards end of last year at the track but I really like what I see here. Where did you get it?

As for spec series, there are similar parralles in kid karting, and I can tell you it costs a lot more for what you ae running as only certain shops can work on the seal engines, and everything from parts to service get marked up. Then people still complain and protests force tear downs and more costs, etx. etx.
I dealt with Jordan via: https://m.facebook.com/BMSxBucciMotoUSA/

Progress!

Old 02-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #35
Gateman

If interested. I still have some (4 or 5) KLX 173 Stroker kits available I will sell. KLX 140 based motor. a Billy Wiese mic'ed up motor design. Kits include JE piston rings piston pin and clips, Carrillo rod, Ferrea Stainless steel one piece stem Valves. I do have one Web Cam left that is set up for the motor. Web still makes this cam if ordered from them. The only part missing for such a kit is the RD Valve Springs and Ti spring retainers. Bob out in Cali. does excellent work. What parts I have for these kits I will let them go for 50% of what I paid for them. Will also give you the specs to the crank. And the Outfit who did the work on the crank. Crank work is local here in the Houston area. Carb set and Intake design Billy came up with. The stock carb is lame. Randy Porter Made a second intake for me in a Jiff. I would think Randy could do the bore job on a KLX 140 cylinder in short time as well.

I think I my have one or two complete gasket kits sets for the Klx 140. All parts are new. The gasket kits are new OEM.

Here's my cell. (936) 672-2672

Tim Johnson
Gateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:14 PM   #36
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Full schedule posted