MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Cushing suspended 4 games

heard it on sports 610, but here is a story.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...qJBZwD9FIAQTO1

they dont say what the substance is, but it does say "performance enhancing", so i assume some kind of steroid or something along those lines and not coke or something.

im really shocked. i really really did not expect that from him. i could almost see it, but from my understanding is that this offseason the kid has been GOING TO SCHOOL, to finish GETTING HIS DEGREE.

now to me.... for a kid to be a 1st round draft pick and Def. rook of the year, and still be thinking about school, with millions in his pockets...and STILL be thinking about school for what he is gonna do when his football career is over...i dunno. it seems like he has a good head on his shoulders.

i guess if you fail the test you fail the test...i dont think he would be getting suspended if it wasnt a definate thing...still i would like to hear his side of the story.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brittney Griner, Glory Johnson suspended 7 games each by WNBA NewsBot Sports 0 05-15-2015 12:20 PM
Patriots QB Tom Brady suspended for 4 games; team fined $1 million NewsBot Sports 0 05-11-2015 05:10 PM
Texas A&M quarterback Kenny Hill suspended for 2 games for violating team rules NewsBot Sports 0 11-01-2014 11:40 AM
Texans sit Cushing vs. Titans with Clowney active NewsBot Sports 0 10-26-2014 12:00 PM
LB Cushing back to old dominant self for Texans NewsBot Sports 0 09-12-2013 07:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
bjaz54

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

well, he was suspected of using performance enhacing drugs before he even entered the draft i believe.
bjaz54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:44 AM   #4
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Nah, it was prob just orange juice.
yeah...the labeling is really confusing. i mean, ,...they got...

no pulp,
some pulp, (not from concentrate)
lots of pulp, packed with peformance enhacing substances. PLUS VITAMIN C!

the vitamin C thing is really distracting, you hardly know what your buying!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
goose
Goose

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R1
2005 yamaha r6 (sold)
2001 Gsxr 750 (gone)

man cushing suspended for 4 games sucks...Game 1 against the colts and game 3 against the cowgirls!!! We need to beat up on our own division and the cowboys. oh well.
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
atexanone
*Facepalm Distributor*

Bike(s):
06 Kawi 636

another California bust for the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by atexanone View Post
yeah I find my bike is harder to steal if there is a crazy/ off african on it so I ride it as much as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Man View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
atexanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):

nahhh. he isnt a bust.

i dont have solid facts, but here are the rumours.

he didnt actually test positive for any substance. he tested positive for higher than normal testosterone levels (which can indicate steroid or other PES use, but isnt proof imo). Brian says he has been taking the same supplement since high school. he has been taking it all along and has not failed any tests prior to this one.

kind of whack, they didnt even find any substance, but you violate the peformance enhancing substance policy just by having higher than normal testosterone levels? WTF! maybe the kid is just a freak of nature. actually, i think we would all agree to that one allready.

so anyways...i think its hard to fault him if that is the case. he wasnt taking anything that was on the banned list. imo, he did his due dilegence as an athlete as far as reading the labels, etc...who knows though...the rumours could just be rumours.

he may have his DROY status and pro-bowl status removed by the AP, they are revoting on it. (brian is still eligable to win the vote again, though its less likely)

i tell you what...come game 5 i dont want to be wearing a different color jersey and be on the same field as #56. he is gonna feel like he has alot of work to catch up on, and he is take it out all over someone.

also, if brian is telling the truth, i expect to see ALOT more controversy on the PES policy of the NFL. i have to give NFL credit for being at the forefront of fighting drugs in sports, but being that they are doing it before anyone else, there are likely to be mistakes along the way that will need to get ironed out.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
nahhh. he isnt a bust.

i dont have solid facts, but here are the rumours.

he didnt actually test positive for any substance. he tested positive for higher than normal testosterone levels (which can indicate steroid or other PES use, but isnt proof imo). Brian says he has been taking the same supplement since high school. he has been taking it all along and has not failed any tests prior to this one.

kind of whack, they didnt even find any substance, but you violate the peformance enhancing substance policy just by having higher than normal testosterone levels? WTF! maybe the kid is just a freak of nature. actually, i think we would all agree to that one allready.

so anyways...i think its hard to fault him if that is the case. he wasnt taking anything that was on the banned list. imo, he did his due dilegence as an athlete as far as reading the labels, etc...who knows though...the rumours could just be rumours.

he may have his DROY status and pro-bowl status removed by the AP, they are revoting on it. (brian is still eligable to win the vote again, though its less likely)

i tell you what...come game 5 i dont want to be wearing a different color jersey and be on the same field as #56. he is gonna feel like he has alot of work to catch up on, and he is take it out all over someone.

also, if brian is telling the truth, i expect to see ALOT more controversy on the PES policy of the NFL. i have to give NFL credit for being at the forefront of fighting drugs in sports, but being that they are doing it before anyone else, there are likely to be mistakes along the way that will need to get ironed out.
They said this morning on 1560 that he was tested positive for a masking agent. Which doesn't prove he took steroids, but go look at some before and after pics. I am not mad at him, I don't consider him a bust. I'm disappointed but hopefully he bounces back to the same form and continues to kick . We will need him for the stretch, Texans never start the season off great anyway, we just finish good. lol At least we will have an excuse if we don't do good. BTW, I truly believe we will have 10+ wins, just seems that every houston team (Astros, Rockets, and Texans) always find a way to disappoint.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #9
atexanone
*Facepalm Distributor*

Bike(s):
06 Kawi 636

don't get me wrong I don't consider him a bust as a player the kid is a beast by bust I mean another bad decision by the Texans staff from what I heard he already had PES rumors swirling around him before entering the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atexanone View Post
yeah I find my bike is harder to steal if there is a crazy/ off african on it so I ride it as much as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Man View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
atexanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #10
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):

reports now say it was HGC, a fertility drug that is used to boost testosterone levels typically after using steroids, its part of a cycle that users go through. if that is true, it does change alot of things in my mind.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #11
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

They took away his rookie of the year AND his "all American" award.

Anyone else think this is just a built in excuse for the Texans to go 1-3 in the first 4 games and end up 6 and 10?

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:09 AM   #12
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless View Post
They took away his rookie of the year AND his "all American" award.

Anyone else think this is just a built in excuse for the Texans to go 1-3 in the first 4 games and end up 6 and 10?
Nah, they went 8-8 without him in '08-'09. Our passing game with Matt Schaub is MUCH better as he is staying healthy. Hopefully our running game will be back, not to mention, that is the year we lost our #1 corner, which if KJ pans out, we will have two decent corners. Honestly, even without Cushing we should be over .500 easily. Just think, IF Slaton comes back to form (which he shed the weight he gained last year which may make him faster again) and can hold on to the ball, the Slaton/Tate combination is going to be deadly. When Tate is in the game, you can move Slaton to a position similar to the role Reggie Bush is. The offense on this team is going to be top three this year in scoring and yards. We have a of a team. Cushing's loss will be minimal.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement