MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
Repth
literally can't even
 
Repth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,729


Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R









SpaceX Falcon Heavy Launch

Video coming soon I'm sure. I watched the live feed just now. Pretty impressive . Side boosters landed simultaneously on the pad in Cape Canaveral. The core was on track to land on the barge but the comms went out, apparently due to antenna vibration. Still no word on whether or not the landing went successfully. Musk's Tesla Roadster is now en route to Mars, with a nod to Douglas Adams via a sign that says "Don't Panic" across the dash.

Still significantly less thrust than the Saturn V, though.

Cool . I don't care who you are, SpaceX is pretty impressive
__________________
Quote:
Being nice is something that stupid people do to hedge their bets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer
Meh, I agree with his OP
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SpaceX tries again to launch station supplies, land rocket NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 01-10-2015 12:40 AM
SpaceX breaks ground on Texas rocket launch site NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 09-22-2014 12:50 PM
Storms threaten 2nd SpaceX Dragon launch try to space station NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 04-18-2014 12:50 PM
SpaceX will try again Friday to launch station cargo NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 04-17-2014 02:14 AM
spacex launch t-4 minutes, hurry bentgixxer Off Topic 15 12-08-2010 12:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
Kacfiz
The Kac
 
Kacfiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,279

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
1990 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6D (Sold)
2013 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius








Booster rockets landing

https://9gag.com/gag/ax1jwEb?ref=ios.s.cp
Kacfiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:44 AM   #3
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!
 
BuckNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,505


Bike(s):
A Few









^ Welcome Back!

__________________
The Real Troll Brostien, playing them like a fiddle.

MH Member: "The hate group quit posting because of you".
Me: Hold my beer...
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #4
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
Missing: Naked SV650, FZ1, Night Hawk
Best Upgrade:Sv650 Suspension full credit (Motorcycles Unlimited)



Member Garage


"I'm tripping here" - Elon Musk. So much win...i.e. being on national TV tripping on mushrooms and articulating better than POTUS.
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-08-2018, 11:59 AM   #5
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 31,521

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC
2002 Yamaha WR250
2004 Honda CRF-50

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
"I'm tripping here" - Elon Musk. So much win...i.e. being on national TV tripping on mushrooms and articulating better than POTUS.
So much hate for a guy doing the job many of us hired him to do.





BTW, call me gay, but I was in tears watching the awesomeness that was the FH launch.

Great job SpaceX!
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #6
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 26,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
"I'm tripping here" - Elon Musk. So much win...i.e. being on national TV tripping on mushrooms and articulating better than POTUS.
Meanwhile on Earth
Quote:
Tesla Inc. reported a fourth-quarter loss of $675.4 million, or $4.01 a share, on revenue of $3.29 billion, marking the Palo Alto car company's biggest quarterly loss ever.
http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...207-story.html
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:12 PM   #7
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
Missing: Naked SV650, FZ1, Night Hawk
Best Upgrade:Sv650 Suspension full credit (Motorcycles Unlimited)



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Okay... Care to elaborate on the purpose of your post or would that be too much to ask?
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #8
7cain
Resident Ginja
 
7cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 5,534

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 ZX6R




Member Garage


Heard the trajectory was off and its heading for the asteroid belt.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum
... your is sexy. i want it.
FELIS DEMULCTA MITIS (translation: A stroked cat is gentle)

SBN blade specialist.
7cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #9
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 26,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Okay... Care to elaborate on the purpose of your post or would that be too much to ask?
It was Tesla news. Apparently Telsa, the car company, is under-performing. Their shareholders are taking a hit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:22 PM   #10
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
Missing: Naked SV650, FZ1, Night Hawk
Best Upgrade:Sv650 Suspension full credit (Motorcycles Unlimited)



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
It was Tesla news. Apparently Telsa, the car company, is under-performing. Their shareholders are taking a hit.
Alrighty then. How many bankruptcies does that make it for Musk? I mean, you are keeping tabs, right?
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #11
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 26,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Alrighty then. How many bankruptcies does that make it for Musk? I mean, you are keeping tabs, right?
I just posted some news
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:35 PM   #12
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!
 
BuckNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,505


Bike(s):
A Few









Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
I was in tears watching the awesomeness that was the FH launch.

Great job SpaceX!
GAY!
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:12 PM   #13
Repth
literally can't even
 
Repth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,729


Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R









Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
So much hate for a guy doing the job many of us hired him to do.





BTW, call me gay, but I was in tears watching the awesomeness that was the FH launch.

Great job SpaceX!
I always cry when I watch a historic launch. I think spaceflight is the most romantic technological endeavor that mankind has ever pursued. I think only men with frail egos are afraid to cry.

Also, GAAAAAAAY
__________________
Quote:
Being nice is something that stupid people do to hedge their bets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer
Meh, I agree with his OP
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:19 PM   #14
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 13,788


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






I think it's all fake. The way those boosters land it's obvious they are suspended from a cable.
There's no way they could gimble the thrusters with the CG that far out of range and still recover... unless it was hanging from a cable.
And the rockets are barely firing, too little pressure to slow it down and stop it.

Why they always gotta lie about space flight? Cuz thats billions of $'s they can waste out of the taxpayer's money!
If they tried to do it for real, it would cost more! So cheap and easy to fake it and then spend the money on their yachts and private golf courses.
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-08-2018, 04:22 PM   #15
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 26,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
I think it's all fake. The way those boosters land it's obvious they are suspended from a cable.
There's no way they could gimble the thrusters with the CG that far out of range and still recover... unless it was hanging from a cable.
And the rockets are barely firing, too little pressure to slow it down and stop it.

Why they always gotta lie about space flight? Cuz thats billions of $'s they can waste out of the taxpayer's money!
If they tried to do it for real, it would cost more! So cheap and easy to fake it and then spend the money on their yachts and private golf courses.
They just played the video of a launch in reverse to fake the landing
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-08-2018, 04:32 PM   #16
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 13,788


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
They just played the video of a launch in reverse to fake the landing
Only it wasn't a real launch, they lifted it with a helicopter and the "rockets" were just little fire pots to make it look good.
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-08-2018, 04:39 PM   #17
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 26,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Only it wasn't a real launch, they lifted it with a helicopter and the "rockets" were just little fire pots to make it look good.
If you look closely at the "landing" video you'll see a faint image of DPRK burned into the corner of the frame. It was just one of Rocket Man's early synchronized ballistic tests videos played in reverse.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:21 PM   #18
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 13,788


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
If you look closely at the "landing" video you'll see a faint image of DPRK burned into the corner of the frame. It was just one of Rocket Man's early synchronized ballistic tests videos played in reverse.
Wait.... so you're saying Elton John was involved in this?

I mean, I suspected Shirley Maclaine and Michael Jackson but i had no idea!
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-09-2018, 10:38 AM   #19
Neumann
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5












I watched the Falcon 9 landing videos numerous times the following day. It's spectacular to see an interest in space exploration again. The only way Musk could have made it better other than getting the projected trajectory would have been if he could have convinced the kardashians to be the payload. Tell them Mars is full of rich black rappers and basketball players.
Neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-09-2018, 10:41 AM   #20
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 26,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumann View Post
The only way Musk could have made it better other than getting the projected trajectory would have been if he could have convinced the kardashians to be the payload. Tell them Mars is full of rich black rappers and basketball players.
I'd buy a Tesla if he could make that happen
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy