MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
bignmz04
My better is better
 
bignmz04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sugarland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,997


Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.









Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Unhappy Tore my rotator cuff and Trapezius muscle

Lol I guess wont be doing anything fun for a while

was at the gym. did a lift with weight I am comfy with and just heard a pop. then I saw the knot on my back and I knew what it was (torn muscle). Had to call my girl to come get me from the gym and drive my truck home. cant even turn the steering wheel with my left hand. found out about the rotator cuff today.

so how many others here are all banged up?
__________________
R6SPARTAN "oh no !! dayum everyone was like your super huge close to like 300 pounds lol...and they also said that you were like 6 feet somethign lol"
bignmz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tomball homeowner says workers tore up her yard, fence without notice NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 05-07-2015 11:00 PM
Rotator cuff exercises brandontx Health and Fitness 25 03-30-2013 12:45 PM
Rotator Cuff Questions Radar Off Topic 30 07-25-2010 12:01 PM
rotator cuff? gtdrivr Health and Fitness 33 04-16-2009 11:03 AM
someone got tore a new one......... RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 05-30-2008 11:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 16,089

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
Lol I guess wont be doing anything fun for a while

was at the gym. did a lift with weight I am comfy with and just heard a pop. then I saw the knot on my back and I knew what it was (torn muscle). Had to call my girl to come get me from the gym and drive my truck home. cant even turn the steering wheel with my left hand. found out about the rotator cuff today.

so how many others here are all banged up?
my dad did the same thing doing dumbbell bench... has worked out with 120 lb dumbbells for 8 months, been doing 4 sets of 12 every other day during the workout... on the 3rd set about 8th rep... it popped, torn rotator had to have it drilled and screwed back to the bone, out 9 months
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,649

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






ouch.. i got a shoulder that needs fixing really bad too..maybe we can get a cut rate with the surgeon if we both get em fixed at the same time...


sorry ya hurt yourself....
__________________




What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
Mic
Senior Member
 
Mic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kingwood
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 393

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
C14
WR450
CRF110F
TTR110






Send a message via AIM to Mic Send a message via MSN to Mic
I hurt something in my shoulder snowboarding in deep powder early last year. I basically did a forward flip putting my arm out to catch myself. I heard three pops from my shoulder and lots of pain. I never went to the doc for it and it still hurts from time to time. I have full movement in my shoulder so I don't think it was too serious.

I also over rotated some vertebrae in my lower back playing racquetball when I was younger. Thanks to a chiro though, I'm no longer in excruciating pain.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #5
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 16,089

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic View Post
I hurt something in my shoulder snowboarding in deep powder early last year. I basically did a forward flip putting my arm out to catch myself. I heard three pops from my shoulder and lots of pain. I never went to the doc for it and it still hurts from time to time. I have full movement in my shoulder so I don't think it was too serious.

I also over rotated some vertebrae in my lower back playing racquetball when I was younger. Thanks to a chiro though, I'm no longer in excruciating pain.
i did the same thing but at mountain high on their "packed powder" (ice)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,164

Experience: 10+ years











Both of muh shoulders are bad. very loose, they always pop out of the sockets. and now thanks to a dumb crash on my dirtbike, ive been having knee problems, so my squats and deads are suffering
__________________
Quote:
We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid Galilee of its Arab population.
David Ben-Gurion, Founding father of Israel
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #7
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #8
bignmz04
My better is better
 
bignmz04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sugarland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,997


Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.









Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
my dad did the same thing doing dumbbell bench... has worked out with 120 lb dumbbells for 8 months, been doing 4 sets of 12 every other day during the workout... on the 3rd set about 8th rep... it popped, torn rotator had to have it drilled and screwed back to the bone, out 9 months
ya everyother day is not good. muscle fatigue sets in. was your dad twisting at the top? Know a few guys who tore their cuffs doing db bench that way.

mine was doing deadlifts.
forgot the weight but i know it was high 5s or low 6s. 3 rep and pop!!!

9 months sounds bad. I tore my acl and my bicep before and never sat out 9 months. :/:

Lol geezer. ya I dont think doc Sanders gives discount rates or group buys I wish he would give me a stamp card. tenth surgery free kinda thing
__________________
R6SPARTAN "oh no !! dayum everyone was like your super huge close to like 300 pounds lol...and they also said that you were like 6 feet somethign lol"
bignmz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #9
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,649

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






thats a thougth.. one of those punch cards.. you should get one free one...
__________________




What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #10
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 16,089

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
ya everyother day is not good. muscle fatigue sets in. was your dad twisting at the top? Know a few guys who tore their cuffs doing db bench that way.
straight up, touch just the ends together, then straight down... had been doing 120's for about 8 months, all the same way... had been doing 110's for years before that until the place got the 120's.


he;s a firefighter and he couldn't go back to work for 9 months
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #11
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,830

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Chit like that happens when you lift way more than your body was built for. I hurt my elbows when benching and shoulders on butterflys. It seems to be a little worse when the sauce is kickin. Or is it the pinks doin it?
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #12
bignmz04
My better is better
 
bignmz04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sugarland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,997


Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.









Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
straight up, touch just the ends together, then straight down... had been doing 120's for about 8 months, all the same way... had been doing 110's for years before that until the place got the 120's.


he;s a firefighter and he couldn't go back to work for 9 months
that sucks about not going back to work for him though.

on another note. there are 180s at the u of h gym. hardest part is getting them up. and dropping them. they are so wide that they go up and down they never go in at the top to touch lol. need spotters on each side for those.
__________________
R6SPARTAN "oh no !! dayum everyone was like your super huge close to like 300 pounds lol...and they also said that you were like 6 feet somethign lol"
bignmz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:11 AM   #13
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 16,089

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
that sucks about not going back to work for him though.

on another note. there are 180s at the u of h gym. hardest part is getting them up. and dropping them. they are so wide that they go up and down they never go in at the top to touch lol. need spotters on each side for those.
most i have gotten to was doing 95's
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:11 AM   #14
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns
 
CubanGIXXER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston / Sugarland / Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 4,520


Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to CubanGIXXER Send a message via Yahoo to CubanGIXXER
... sorry to hear bro!
__________________
I got a fever....................and the only perscription....................is more cowbell!

www.myspace.com/robbielay19
CubanGIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:12 AM   #15
Daily Triumph
Ugh gtfo :-/
 
Daily Triumph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hilcroft and Westheimer
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,770


Bike(s):
2003 Aprilia Mille 1000 (Daily )
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold







Back in highschool I was on the varsity baseball team playing catcher. The throw down to a put a little extra "mustard" on it and blew it out completely . Career was basically over cause it never healed up right and I didnt have the coverage for surgery
__________________
RIP Coachdave April 5, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
one can only be hypocritcal with regard to ones' OWN statements and opinions, and not those of the others around. great, you can't sweep and you don't own a dictionary. I hope you're better with an iron and starch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
apparently im a offender in Florida
Daily Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #16
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 4,064

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR









Should have been ridin instead.

j/j, bro. Heal up quick. I'm recovered, pretty much, from my little shoulder deal. Can't wait to ride this weekend.... if parts don't come in. lol
__________________
Support your site sponsors!!

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #17
bignmz04
My better is better
 
bignmz04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sugarland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,997


Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.









Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Chit like that happens when you lift way more than your body was built for. I hurt my elbows when benching and shoulders on butterflys. It seems to be a little worse when the sauce is kickin. Or is it the pinks doin it?
natural here homey. if by pinks you mean dbol. then cool beans for you

anything you bench over 400 is over what your body was built for. squat over 500 is over what your body was built for. dead lift over 600 is over what your body was built for.

funny thing is most roiders do it for looks and can seldom max what some naturals including myself do.

good luck with the gyno
__________________
R6SPARTAN "oh no !! dayum everyone was like your super huge close to like 300 pounds lol...and they also said that you were like 6 feet somethign lol"
bignmz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #18
bignmz04
My better is better
 
bignmz04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sugarland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,997


Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.









Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Triumph View Post
Back in highschool I was on the varsity baseball team playing catcher. The throw down to a put a little extra "mustard" on it and blew it out completely . Career was basically over cause it never healed up right and I didnt have the coverage for surgery
ya thats cause you were a catcher. you all end up with bad knees, shoulders, etc. how does it feel with it ****ed up? can you give me some insight? I am asking cause I am pretty sure even after surgery I know mine wont heal up like back to where it was.
__________________
R6SPARTAN "oh no !! dayum everyone was like your super huge close to like 300 pounds lol...and they also said that you were like 6 feet somethign lol"
bignmz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #19
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,830

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








I think size of body would more accuratly dictate "what your built for". Gyno has never been a problem.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #20
Daily Triumph
Ugh gtfo :-/
 
Daily Triumph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hilcroft and Westheimer
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,770


Bike(s):
2003 Aprilia Mille 1000 (Daily )
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold







Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
ya thats cause you were a catcher. you all end up with bad knees, shoulders, etc. how does it feel with it ****ed up? can you give me some insight? I am asking cause I am pretty sure even after surgery I know mine wont heal up like back to where it was.
I was on anti inflammatorys (sp?*) for what felt like forever. It was like an itch (after taking the drugs) I couldnt scratch and would bug the out of me forever. Since your not using your arm to throw (had to do other special excersises for that specifically) I would suggest using the surgical tubing excersise and still holds with no weights (holding arm straight out like you have wings) until you regain your strength and stamina. Pm me if you wanted the other excersis I had to do to build arm/shoulder strength for throwing.
__________________
RIP Coachdave April 5, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
one can only be hypocritcal with regard to ones' OWN statements and opinions, and not those of the others around. great, you can't sweep and you don't own a dictionary. I hope you're better with an iron and starch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
apparently im a offender in Florida
Daily Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy