MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
eltejano
I smell pretty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Ft Hood police respone compared to Virginia tech

I couldnt help but think about the Virginia Tech massacre after this whole thing in Killeen was over and hearing how Kimberly Munley, a mother, was so fast to act and put herself in sever danger to try and save the lives of more soldiers in the wake of this wacko. She pretty much went into one of those "one of us aint walking out of here" situations probably knowing just that. Her actions were fast, wasted no time, just got in and started doing what had to be done. Pretty much taking care of business in a flash, like Elvis used to say.

In comparison, the first responders of the VA Teah mess showed up, and waited for more back up before they tried to go in there. They wanted to make sure that they were safe going in there. Meanwhile, Cho spent this crucial time killing more kids.

I know its dangerous and its me on the outside looking in and I have no idea how it is to be in that situation. I read their reasoning for this, but let me ask , would they have waited had their own children been in there? I guess this is probably an unfair question because ANYONE would react differently in any situation if their kids were involved.

All I can say after all this is that Kimberly Munley will be hailed a hero, and rightfully so. She might say that she is no hero just doing what anyone else in her position would do like you hear so often. But if she does, she will be wrong because Columbine and VA Tech have showed up that there are people that have been in her position that did not do what she did.

Pretty much what it comes down to is what some police friends said while taking about VA Tech in a BBQ. If you are not willing to go into the thick of danger and put your life on the line to save others when need be, then you might as well turn in your gun and go work grooming dogs for a living because your usefulness as a police officer is greatly diminished.

http://damnedliberal.com/blog//blog1...-hero-11062009
as opposed to
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18312115/
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote