MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic > The Circus
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
TrollBrosteen
ludibrium verius foramin

Feedback Rating: (0)

Another "service" company stealing people's money and doing nothing in return

So I had a company I was using as a registered agent for RTT.
Since that whole thing fizzled out I let it lapse and have received a letter from the state saying it is officially "involuntarily ended"

Of course they(the registered agent) keep sending me bills for being the registered agent, even though the entity is clearly no longer active.
Some BS excuse about how they're still liable until I send them paperwork saying the entity is dissolved.

Why is everyone in the service industry out to everybody?
I'm about to just cancel the card they have on file and let them know I did it...and to go ahead and report their sub 100 dollar nuisance debt and I'll just ignore it since they want to act stupid.

Last edited by TrollBrosteen; 08-01-2019 at 01:12 PM.
TrollBrosteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Joyfull Return of my FZ1" Group Ride...3/4..10 am..Buc-ees Waller.. The Morganator Events, Meets and Rides 28 03-06-2017 09:01 AM
Tiger Woods says his game is "not acceptable" to compete in tournaments, will return NewsBot Sports 0 02-11-2015 05:20 PM
Great and clever place to hide your money. The "Brief Safe" eltejano Off Topic 1 04-20-2011 05:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2019, 01:53 PM   #2
green600
BYE

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

THE HUMANITY

Life's too short to eat dusty Parm
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:45 PM   #3
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrosteen View Post
So I had a company I was using as a registered agent for RTT.
Since that whole thing fizzled out I let it lapse and have received a letter from the state saying it is officially "involuntarily ended"

Of course they(the registered agent) keep sending me bills for being the registered agent, even though the entity is clearly no longer active.
Some BS excuse about how they're still liable until I send them paperwork saying the entity is dissolved.

Why is everyone in the service industry out to everybody?
I'm about to just cancel the card they have on file and let them know I did it...and to go ahead and report their sub 100 dollar nuisance debt and I'll just ignore it since they want to act stupid.
So, you made a business agreement with a company, but never formally severed ties or terminated the agreement yet youre surprised/upset they still expect to be paid?
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 05:14 PM   #4
TrollBrosteen
ludibrium verius foramin

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
So, you made a business agreement with a company, but never formally severed ties or terminated the agreement yet youre surprised/upset they still expect to be paid?
No It's all the hoop jumping in order to terminate the agreement. I notified them in January that the whole thing never panned out and They told me they would just need something from the secretary of state/comptroller saying the entity was terminated. I knew it would soon be forced on me since I hadn't filed taxes, so I waited until they(since they get all mail to RTT) got the letter today saying it's no longer active.(I had already paid for the year ahead of time)

Of course that's not good enough for them. You have to go through all this whole bullshit filing process with the state and pay money to "properly" dissolve it, otherwise these sons of just keep charging you 80 dollars a year for "services" when they aren't doing anything, because the entity is inactive.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:17 PM   #5
TrollBrosteen
ludibrium verius foramin

There's 35 complaints on the BBB site for the same kind of . One of them saying she formed the business then never did anything, moved states and then 10 years later they let it all rack up to almost 1000 dollars and then sued her.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:45 AM   #6
TrollBrosteen
ludibrium verius foramin

now I asked the dude if he could send me my formation certificate so I can get the info off of it to officially dissolve. Been almost 24 hours and no response.
Anytime you reply to their email, a different person responds every time. You can't just have a conversation with one person. Pretty sure that's intentional.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:44 AM   #7
TrollBrosteen
ludibrium verius foramin

Alright well I've got all the paperwork filled out. Seems like kind of a waste just to throw it all down the drain.
Maybe I could keep it going and repurpose the name...
Old 08-15-2019, 06:26 AM   #8
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Involuntarily ended isn't the same thing as dissolved. You have to send in a filing to dissolve it or send in a form to change the registered agent. You can be your own registered agent. They sign that form as well and then will recognize they are no longer needed. If you are dissolving then just never pay it. It's a company liability and not yours so it won't go on your credit report or anything.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:31 PM   #9
TrollBrosteen
ludibrium verius foramin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
If you are dissolving then just never pay it. It's a company liability and not yours so it won't go on your credit report or anything.
No ?

Hmmm, this company shell could be useful after all...Thinking about possibly transferring all my funds to the non-profit and putting my car and everything in the name of RTT. Basically just go full ghost on my personal assets and have it all RTT. Not a bad setup for a couple hundred bucks a year in filing fees...
Old 08-16-2019, 09:31 AM   #10
pbfoot

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki ZG1000

Quote:
No ?

Hmmm, this company shell could be useful after all...Thinking about possibly transferring all my funds to the non-profit and putting my car and everything in the name of RTT. Basically just go full ghost on my personal assets and have it all RTT. Not a bad setup for a couple hundred bucks a year in filing fees...
Hmmmm. Just like the Clintons.
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:35 PM   #11
Spikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfoot View Post
Hmmmm. Just like the Clintons.
You must not be familiar with the Trump organization
Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:37 AM   #12
pbfoot

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki ZG1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
You must not be familiar with the Trump organization
Trump org are rank amatuers compared to the Clintons. Nice try Spunky.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:40 AM   #13
Spikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfoot View Post
Trump org are rank amatuers compared to the Clintons. Nice try Spunky.
Maybe. But still talking about a twice failed candidates corruption while downplaying and dismissing the current (who was elected to end it) will always beyond my logic realm.

It won't do anything for you.
Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:28 PM   #14
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
No ?

This is kinda what Quanell X does. He has nothing in his name. Even his house he has under his sister's name.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:33 PM   #15
pbfoot

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki ZG1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
Maybe. But still talking about a twice failed candidates corruption while downplaying and dismissing the current (who was elected to end it) will always beyond my logic realm.

It won't do anything for you.
Hmm. Nothing proven so far.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:58 PM   #16
*Princess*
---- AKA W.O.T. ----

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2016 Ninja 650
2014 Ninja 300SE

Quote:
No ?

This is way more common than you realize. It's how my wealthy boss does it. All of his assets (except for his main home) are owned by various entities he's established. He doesn't even have a bank account in his name.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:20 PM   #17
TrollBrosteen
ludibrium verius foramin

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Princess* View Post
This is way more common than you realize. It's how my wealthy boss does it. All of his assets (except for his main home) are owned by various entities he's established. He doesn't even have a bank account in his name.
Yeah I think I might just find out what I need to do to get back in good graces with the state. Open up an RTT account and start donating all of my assets gradually. This lady faking like she was having a heart attack in this recent car accident was a real eye opener.
Maybe at the same time I can stop being lazy and organize some more RTT events.

Last edited by TrollBrosteen; 08-19-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Liked this post:
Old 08-20-2019, 09:45 AM   #18
gorillamonkey2

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2002 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
This is kinda what Quanell X does. He has nothing in his name. Even his house he has under his sister's name.
I am curious. How do you know?
gorillamonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement