Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|06-03-2008, 04:08 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 1980
Feedback Rating: (0)
MH How To's.......
How to Add Pictures to Your Profile Gallery:
A user gallery feature has been added. This mod allows you to have your own gallery in which other members can view by clicking your user name.
View my profile to see how it works.
Go to UserCP > My Profile Gallery > Add a Picture to Your Profile Gallery
Once an image is uploaded, you will be taken back to the screen to upload another.
How to Add Events to the Calendar:
To add an event:
1. Click on "MH Calendar" at the top of the forum.
2. At the bottom right there is "Add New Event" (select the type)
3. Add all the details. (if there is a thread for the event, link it!)
How to Report a Post:
Find the post you wish to report. Click the under the users name. Post the report. Admins/Mods WILL see the report and take action if necessary.
How to Disable Signatures/Avatars/Images:
UserCP > Edit Options > Scroll down to Thread Display Options > unclick Show Images / Show Avatars / Show Images
How to Add a Signature:
UserCP > Edit Signature > Add text/images in the box. Follow the forum rules.
How to Add a Person to Your Buddy List:
1. Click a users name.
2. Click "Add X to Your Buddy List"
3. Click "Save List"
How to See Your Buddy List:
1. Click "Quick Links" under the banner
2. Click "Open Buddy List"
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Thank, MH!||Squoddybody||Off Topic||11||08-08-2011 06:42 AM|
|what up mh||BuffaloRider13||Stunters Lounge||0||11-02-2010 06:49 PM|
|anyone from MH?||pester||Off Topic||2||01-30-2008 11:29 PM|
|You know what I like about MH?||cashtown||Forum Updates & Feedback||47||01-14-2008 10:56 AM|
|To: MH SPONSORS and BUS. Entities trying to STRONG ARM MH||Solracer||Forum Updates & Feedback||42||08-16-2007 10:42 AM|
|08-18-2008, 11:43 PM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 1980
Feedback Rating: (0)
I've recently received an e-mail about someone spamming users via PM. These incidents of spam have occurred in the past and needless to say, its annoying to our users.
I encourage all of you to help us prevent "PM spam" by reporting it using the Contact Us form at the bottom of the forum. Confidentially is kept.
|12-04-2008, 03:11 AM||#3|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (53)
How-To: Post Pictures
There are three ways to post pictures in your threads. The first way is to simply upload them from your PC into the thread by using the "Manage Attachments" link. However, the restrictions on size are stricter than hotlinking and you cannot place images within the text of your post, they will only show at the bottom of the post. To do this, follow these instructions:
1. When Replying in a thread or starting a New thread, scroll down beyond the text box and fine the button labeled "Manage Attachments" in the "Attach Files" category.
2. In the popup box (pop-up blockers may need to be disabled to access this feature) you will find the "Upload File from your Computer" area with a button at the end of the file path box, labeled "Browse".
Click it to open a local box on your PC that you may use to navigate to the desired image file.
3. Select the file and click the "Open" button in that box to select the desired path on your local PC.
4. Notice that path displayed in the file path box, Click the "Upload" button to initiate the file transfer from your PC to the site.
5. When the transfer is complete you will see the file name in the "Current Attachments" area. Close the File Attachment popup box.
6. When you have finished with the text of your post/thread the attached image should be displayed at the bottom of your entered text when the post is submitted.
In my opinion, the best way to post pictures is by uploading them to a photo hosting site, there are many, then hotlinking them here. I reccommend using Photobucket, but there are other options such as Imageshack and Supermotors. Once you learn how to do this it is very, very simple. You will need to register at Photobucket, it is free and they never send you any junk. Once you are registered you can upload your images onto your account. The larger your images are, the longer it will take them to load. Photobucket has a resize tool on their site but I personally prefer to use the Windows Powertoy, if you are a Windows user you can download it here,
Windows Photo Resizer
I gaurantee that if you download that you will use it all the time. Once it's downloaded all you have to do is right click the picture in your folder and click "resize," size small is a perfect size for forum use and only takes seconds to upload to photobucket if you are on a cable connection. Once you start uploading pictures and are ready to post them into your threads,
1. Log into your Photobucket account
2. Find the image you want to put in your post and hover the mouse icon over it.
3. Four different codes will pop up, click the code next to "IMG" it will automatically copy it.
4. Go to your post and post the copied link(including the IMG tags) into your post where you want the picture to show up.
If you find a picture on Google Images or on another website you wish to post, you can generally hotlink the photo directly from that site(as long as the site allows it). To do this,
1. Right Click on the image you would like to post.
2. Choose "PROPERTIES"
3. In the Properties window you should see a category for "Address - (URL)" with a path to the right.
4. Highlight and COPY the entire path given (it should end in .JPG or .GIF)
5. When creating your post... click on the Insert Image button above the posting window.
6. PASTE the path you copied earlier into the popup window and click "OK".
Now you should see the path displayed along with the proper [IMG] tags on either side.
It's honestly that simple folks, there is nothing to it. We love seeing pictures around here so start uploading and showing us what you got!
The forum has an entire section designated to TESTING, if it's your first time check out that section of the forum to see if you have it down. If you still can't figure it out please feel free to shoot me a PM, I'd be glad to help you out! Look forward to seeing your pictures
Last edited by a forum moderator; 12-04-2008 at 03:16 AM.