MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Vintage / Cafe Racers
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2018, 08:44 AM   #21
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
vstrom650

Member Garage

After some wire tucking and replacing the coils with coil over plugs, it looks a lot better, and will withstand weather a lot better.
I ordered a new LED headlight and a better gauge mount that will put it in front of the key. Right now it's a really tight fit lol
Bike feels pretty great.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new (to me) vfr800! loosenoose General Discussion (Moto Related) 59 08-21-2017 10:26 AM
2005 VFR800 CDN_bacon Motorcycles For Sale 2 04-15-2016 12:38 PM
VFR800 is back x-ray General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 02-04-2014 07:25 PM
VFR800 Cans scheinertr9 Performance and Modifications 11 02-17-2011 10:42 PM
1998 VFR800 Tojo92 Motorcycles For Sale 6 07-15-2008 10:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2018, 04:18 PM   #22
cbrfxr67

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
00 Electra Glide
gs500/929rr thing,...

rocking!
cbrfxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-02-2018, 08:17 PM   #23
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Success !!
Old 04-04-2018, 06:33 PM   #24
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
vstrom650

Member Garage

i went on a pretty nice little ride through the forest after work. i love how a naked bike feels going down the road, vs a big ol fairing.
i have a thermometer built into the radiator cap. temperatures never got high enough to cause any concern, and were pretty good through the whole ride. even stuck in stop and go traffic in conroe. i plan to some time soonish get a radiator from an sv650 and hook it up. it looks like some creativity will have to be put to work, but it has been done successfully, as seen on the scrappy looking naked vfr on page 1 :p

https://imgur.com/gallery/XYbDp
Liked this post:
Old 04-16-2018, 08:54 AM   #25
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
vstrom650

Member Garage

current issue is the headlight keeps burning out. the bike is running great, other than that. cant remember if i mentioned in the thread, and cant be bothered to look right now, but the second guy who hooked up some gauges to the bike was telling me that he was having a tough time getting the speedo to read accurately. when i picked it up after he'd messed around with it for a few days, i noticed he hadnt switched it from kph to mph. he messed around with the parameters to get it to display a fairly accurate mph speed, but in kph's. i had my phone's gps speedo going, and it's usually within 5mph of being correct.
this is now an open plea to anyone that can kill a saturday helping an electronically retarded with wiring and . i'll buy you a case of beer and lunch, or whatever! if you know your , regarding wiring, please, please help me out. if you want to send me an estimate on how much it would cost me for you to straighten this out, please do. i need help, and would like help, but dont want to pay an arm and a leg. i know that i should have taken it to patrick and let his wizards have at it from the beginning, but i didnt. i'm betting if i did, it'd cost like 800 to straighten out, and i'm really about ready to sell the bike right now.
i feel like if i could get the gremlins removed, this would be a really sweet bike, and i would like to keep it, but it's been problem after problem for this thing, and i'd really just like to ride.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:56 AM   #26
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
vstrom650

Member Garage

also, i took it out for an hour or so yesterday. this is the best time of year for the anderson area

despite having side mounted radiators and no fairings, it stays at a good temp. this was taken right after getting off the bike at home.

Advertisement