MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2018, 12:30 PM   #41
RustinR
250 rolling track chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2007 Buell XB9SX
2011 Honda CBR250R (track bike)
1972 Kawasaki H2 Cafe Racer
2003 Honda RC51 (sold - regrettably)

Quote:
Originally Posted by "The Morganator" View Post
The track is not a safe place...just sayin...
Agreed. My last track-day with Ride Smart, by lunch time 3 people had departed by ambulance. Thus far in my 4 MorgstangGP days, everyone had a great lunch and left on the same bike they arrived. No opinions here, just the numbers.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sat. 7/15 Group Ride...Buc-ees in Waller at 8:30 am... "The Morganator" Events, Meets and Rides 39 07-16-2017 07:59 PM
Sat. 6/24 Group Ride...Buc-ees in Waller at 8:30 am... "The Morganator" Events, Meets and Rides 27 06-25-2017 04:37 PM
Hey Morgstang when you gonna do a group ride again??? ZRX77418 Events, Meets and Rides 92 06-14-2017 03:22 PM
Sun. 1/15 Group ride...Buc-ees in Waller 9:30 am... "The Morganator" Events, Meets and Rides 32 01-15-2017 01:22 PM
Sat. 10/8 Group Ride...9am...Buc-ees in Waller... "The Morganator" Events, Meets and Rides 44 10-09-2016 09:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2018, 01:23 PM   #42
Kevin7909

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinR View Post
Agreed. My last track-day with Ride Smart, by lunch time 3 people had departed by ambulance. Thus far in my 4 MorgstangGP days, everyone had a great lunch and left on the same bike they arrived. No opinions here, just the numbers.
The average track day has literally sometimes hundreds of riders. Yesterday I'm sure there were about 100 riders. I don't know of one person who left in an ambulance or got seriously injured(if anyone has more info, please chime in).

The intent of most track day riders is to learn how to go faster in as safe of an environment as possible. Can you imagine if we were trying to push the limits of skill and the bike on the street?

So yes, people get hurt, but by the numbers it's not nearly as bad as it sounds and if someone is really hurt the ambulance is 2 to 5 minutes away.

Keith's rides are awesome for fellowship and riding at a fun but safe pace. It's also a great environment for beginners to learn the proper groundwork to go faster. It's unlikely you will crash on a ride with Keith if you lean in and turn the bars and not panic and go straight. But the riding style and intent is very different than a track day.

I'm happy I have both options!

Last edited by Kevin7909; 05-14-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Kevin7909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-14-2018, 01:41 PM   #43
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Ducati Monster 1200
Honda Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinR View Post

A 5-10 group ride vs a 100 rider track day.... ummmm
Old 05-14-2018, 02:08 PM   #44
ducdodgers
more torque please

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1098 ducati 2008
CBR 1000 RR 2004
1999 yamaha R1 $old
1989 honda huricane $old

Quote:
Originally Posted by "The Morganator" View Post
The track is not a safe place...just sayin...
Hhmmm.. I cant recall anyone running into a fence , tree, car, pipe, or really even gravel at the track ( although gravel happens once every century Marquez)... Would anyone feel more confident to watch someone run off the road, or, watch them run off a track.. No where is safe to ride a motorcycle, especially if you want to go fast around a corner... Or strait line....But the options are... Forced to wear full gear vs wear what you want.... Sandpit or grass field verses a tree , cliff , fence, car, deer etc etc etc..... suppose we will have to agree to disagree but nobody can argue the fact that a race track is safer to run off of versus running off of Any Given Road and nobody can argue the fact that there are many more unforeseen hazards on the road..
ducdodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #45
ducdodgers
more torque please

Bike(s):
1098 ducati 2008
CBR 1000 RR 2004
1999 yamaha R1 $old
1989 honda huricane $old

You also have to remember that people that are injured at the track the majority of them are self-imposed. If everyone treated the road like they do a race track you can only imagine the injuries that would be on the road. My wife just had a biker right in front of her office with no gear on and the bike just happened to land on his head and kill him at the scene. If you ride responsibly and relatively slow in general you will have less incidence then if you have people riding full out. Or people trying to ride fast in general. So in part we are comparing apples to something other than Apples. Just imagine if everyone at the track Road the same way we do on the road on one of these rides. All I would say is that for any given type of riding you're safer to do it at the track. If you're going to ride slow you're going to be safer at the track then you would on the road and if you're going to ride fast you would be safer to do it at the track then on the road. But stats have to be done on an individual basis otherwise let's please start adding in all of the idiots on the road that ride as such and then we can throw the stats in there and see which one is more safe. Mr. Morgan just happens to be a very safe Rider so there are relatively few incidences.
Liked this post:
Old 05-14-2018, 02:20 PM   #46
ducdodgers
more torque please

Bike(s):
1098 ducati 2008
CBR 1000 RR 2004
1999 yamaha R1 $old
1989 honda huricane $old

So props to you morganator. You do a good job keeping us all in line and same on the road
Liked this post:
Old 05-14-2018, 02:20 PM   #47
ducdodgers
more torque please

Bike(s):
1098 ducati 2008
CBR 1000 RR 2004
1999 yamaha R1 $old
1989 honda huricane $old

Safe*
Old 05-14-2018, 02:21 PM   #48
Lindz

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 Buell XB12SCG
2009 Suzuki SV650S
2009 Suzuki S40 custom cafe racer

-_-*
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:57 PM   #49
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC
2002 Yamaha WR250
2004 Honda CRF-50
1995 Honda XR100

Member Garage

Nothing against riding on the street, ( I'll never give up street riding ) but I really do feel riding fast on the track is leaps and bounds safer.

Crashing? Yes, but "per capita", you have about the same crashing on the street, if not more.

Ambulance on site? Track yes. When I hit the deer in the Brenham area, it took the ambulance 30 minutes to get to me.

You can push you bike harder at the track with less worry about going off road. (Unless maybe you are riding Laguna Seca and don't want to hit sandbags :keke)

I've put 1000-1500 miles on track. Crashed once. My fault for racing on shagged out tires that SEVERAL people tried their best to get me to change out for new tires. Ambulance scooped me up and I had less injuries while high siding at 100+mph than I ever have crashed on the street.

Again, not knocking the street. I love the comradery, scenery, and roads that we ride. But I completely disagree that track is more dangerous.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:07 PM   #50
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Ducati Monster 1200
Honda Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
Nothing against riding on the street, ( I'll never give up street riding ) but I really do feel riding fast on the track is leaps and bounds safer.

Crashing? Yes, but "per capita", you have about the same crashing on the street, if not more.

Ambulance on site? Track yes. When I hit the deer in the Brenham area, it took the ambulance 30 minutes to get to me.

You can push you bike harder at the track with less worry about going off road. (Unless maybe you are riding Laguna Seca and don't want to hit sandbags :keke)

I've put 1000-1500 miles on track. Crashed once. My fault for racing on shagged out tires that SEVERAL people tried their best to get me to change out for new tires. Ambulance scooped me up and I had less injuries while high siding at 100+mph than I ever have crashed on the street.

Again, not knocking the street. I love the comradery, scenery, and roads that we ride. But I completely disagree that track is more dangerous.

Motorcycles are dangerous!! Stop riding!
Old 05-14-2018, 04:17 PM   #51
ducdodgers
more torque please

Bike(s):
1098 ducati 2008
CBR 1000 RR 2004
1999 yamaha R1 $old
1989 honda huricane $old

Lol.. As we can all see.. Morganator just wanted to start something here and have his thread go way off intercourse so he could comment at a later date how we never have a thread that stays on topic.. Kudos to morgan-mustang for being the master of creating off topic subjects on his threads.. : ) .... He punked us all!!
Old 05-14-2018, 05:12 PM   #52
Kevin7909

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducdodgers View Post
Lol.. As we can all see.. Morganator just wanted to start something here and have his thread go way off intercourse so he could comment at a later date how we never have a thread that stays on topic.. Kudos to morgan-mustang for being the master of creating off topic subjects on his threads.. : ) .... He punked us all!!
You said intercourse..
Kevin7909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:18 PM   #53
"The Morganator"

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha FZ1
2008 ZX14

Member Garage

Old 05-15-2018, 03:58 PM   #54
HOUNIGAN

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2013 Daytona 675R

Iím upset we missed this. We attempted to do our own group ride on sunday and ended up only having 4 guys show. Rode to drifters then to Yankees. Iíll be following Morgstang more closely for the next group ride
HOUNIGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:21 PM   #55
"The Morganator"

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha FZ1
2008 ZX14

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUNIGAN View Post
Iím upset we missed this. We attempted to do our own group ride on sunday and ended up only having 4 guys show. Rode to drifters then to Yankees. Iíll be following Morgstang more closely for the next group ride
We rode there also.

Advertisement