MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2018, 04:02 PM   #1
Gaijin

Feedback Rating: (0)

Post-apocalypse/Mad Max photo location

Hey all, just checking to see if you've encountered something like this in your riding. I'm looking to take some photos of my bike and I'd like a setting that's got some mad max vibe to it, or old abandoned ghost town stuff.

If I was in Nevada I might go to Rhyolite, they've got some interesting backdrops...

Or Nelson; there's some great old stuff there like this:

I don't know what's available around Houston -- anyone seen something like that, that would be easily accessible and photo friendly? Old abandoned factories, or something like that?

Thanks for any help!
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GOPRO Video's and Photo's...Post here! CUSTOM ZX-14 Off Topic 28 11-07-2013 06:13 PM
Post Your Favorite Track Photo. lanzer913 Taking it to the Track 110 11-26-2010 10:38 PM
Apocalypse P.A. Jason_Canuck Off Topic 0 11-22-2010 07:48 PM
How Everything Goes to During a Zombie Apocalypse Helios Off Topic 7 11-22-2009 11:17 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
HoustonHD
wieners out!!!

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic (totaled thx to that sonofa****)
'73 HD FX choppa!

5th Ward comes to mind although to venture there, you'll want to be armed like Mad Max.

Seriously though, lots of abandoned hotels around Houston but most are infested with the homeless that won't want photogs around.

Be careful for sure. Cool pics you posted!
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-14-2018, 08:03 AM   #3
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
fz1
vstrom
vfr
cbr250r
SV650

Member Garage

my girlfriend's mom lives out in lueders, tx. that place is a run down shithole. it's got some cattle and rock money, but nothing happens in actual lueders, except buildings decomposing. abiline is nearby, and gets all the lueders money.
there are tons of rotting buildings out there. nothing big, like skscrapers or anything, but 1 or 2 story buildings with caves in roofs or downed walls. there's a city hall or some city govt building that looks condemned, but it's actually not. if you're looking for post apocalyptic , look no further than lueders, tx.

*this ad paid for by the lueders, tx tourism board.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-14-2018, 08:15 AM   #4
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
my girlfriend's mom lives out in lueders, tx. that place is a run down shithole. it's got some cattle and rock money, but nothing happens in actual lueders, except buildings decomposing. abiline is nearby, and gets all the lueders money.
there are tons of rotting buildings out there. nothing big, like skscrapers or anything, but 1 or 2 story buildings with caves in roofs or downed walls. there's a city hall or some city govt building that looks condemned, but it's actually not. if you're looking for post apocalyptic , look no further than lueders, tx.

Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-14-2018, 10:44 AM   #5
RustinR
250 rolling track chicane

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2007 Buell XB9SX
1972 Kawasaki H2 Cafe Racer

Dang, there are some sweet roads out in that part of the state though... especially if you like the variety that don't have pavement on them!
Old 05-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #6
Gaijin

Leuders sounds great; just a bit of a drive. I am definitely interested and will check it out next time I am in the Dallas area. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
Genuine LOL at that!
Liked this post:
Old 05-14-2018, 02:15 PM   #7
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
5th Ward comes to mind although to venture there, you'll want to be armed like Mad Max.
I'm up north in the Conroe area, I don't get into main/downtown Houston very often, but I'll check it out! Not sure I'd want to set up photography gear in a potentially dangerous environment, but I'm always up for seeing new and interesting sights anyway. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 05-14-2018, 02:24 PM   #8
HoustonHD
wieners out!!!

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic (totaled thx to that sonofa****)
'73 HD FX choppa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
I'm up north in the Conroe area, I don't get into main/downtown Houston very often, but I'll check it out! Not sure I'd want to set up photography gear in a potentially dangerous environment, but I'm always up for seeing new and interesting sights anyway. Thanks for the suggestion!
Be careful. research Houston's 5th Ward aka "the dirty nickel" before heading in there. Let's just say it's "urban" and has a really bad reputation.
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement