Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|08-12-2015, 08:00 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Randy McIlvoy and Adam Wexler talk episode one of 'Hard Knocks'
"Hard Knocks" episode one is in the books and boy was it full of FFFFFun. Texans head coach Bill O’Brien warned everyone several times that he would have a potty mouth --and he did. Over and over and over again. But it’s football, he’s a football coach.
Some of the other highlights:
- The Richmond brawl was highlighted as we all knew it would be, but I think we’ve ..ahem..beaten that story to death. Well, except for one thing, it was pretty interesting to hear that the two head coaches seemed to have a premonition that some fists might be flying on that third day.
- Another note on the Richmond practices, O’Brien’s foul language was matched and possibly surpassed by DeAndre Hopkins and the Redskins DeAngelo Hall as the two jawed at one another on the opening day of work between the teams.
- The big injury of camp, the Arian Foster injury, had little coverage, because like everyone else in the media in Houston, thought little of it or simply didn’t see it. But the injury to linebacker Reshard Cliett, one of the Texans 6th-round draft picks in May, had a lot of coverage. Cliett went down during a punt coverage drill early in camp. I remember the play since I saw Cliett go down. He immediately clutched for his knees, though when the team doctors and training staff arrived, he was bending his knee and moving around in a way, the amateur doctor in me thought it might not be serious, even though he did get on the back of a cart to head inside the stadium to get looked at more thoroughly. They had some good stuff from O’Brien and general manager Rick Smith on how much they liked Cliett and hoped for his strong return in 2016.
- J.J. Watt working out, Hopkins making spectacular catches, Vince Wilfork draining jumpers – all things we were not surprised to see. OK, the only reason we weren’t surprised to see Wilfork do his best Michael Jordan (and Vlade Divac) impression was because they released a tease video of that on Monday.
- O’Brien’s constant reminders that Houston gets no respect and the Texans are not thought of very highly by outsiders could be a recurring theme of the show for the next four weeks.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Daily Craig: 'Hard Knocks' is over for Texans||NewsBot||Sports||0||09-09-2015 10:50 AM|
|KPRC Ch 2 Sports Randy McIlvoy & Adam Wexler talk UH 1-0 start & facing Louisville||NewsBot||Sports||0||09-08-2015 12:11 AM|
|McIlvoy, Wexler on Rice Owls facing the Longhorns Saturday||NewsBot||Sports||0||09-07-2015 11:40 PM|
|Vote to help Randy McIlvoy's Rodeo Roundup charity!||NewsBot||Sports||0||03-06-2014 02:00 PM|