MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic > The Circus
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
GAU-8
official thread ender.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,475

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1











a grasp on the border situation (email circulation)

I do not know if below is 100 percent correct, but I am sure its a fairly close representation..



-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE WE HAD A

FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION...



- IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY
YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.


- IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE

DETAINED INDEFINITELY.


- IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.


- IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY

YOU WILL BE JAILED.


- IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY

NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.


- IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU

WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.


- IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE

THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.


- IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET.


1 - A JOB,


2 - A DRIVERS LICENSE,

3 - SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,

4 - WELFARE,

5 - FOOD STAMPS,

6 – CREDIT CARDS,

7 - SUBSIDIZED FUNDS TO BUY A HOME,

8 - FREE EDUCATION,

9 - FREE HEALTH CARE,

10 - A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON

11 - BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC
DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE,


12 - AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR
COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU
DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT.


I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION...
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NOLA newspaper being cut from daily circulation flip326 Off Topic 15 05-25-2012 07:48 PM
What would you have done in this situation? Kachoojoe General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 02-25-2012 01:24 AM
Hostage Situation at Chase Bank in Pearland (Hostage situation over now) NewRider Off Topic 47 01-01-2011 01:43 PM
got a situation need some help 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 53 01-10-2009 04:23 AM
What would you do in this situation? pimp2303 General Discussion (Moto Related) 47 04-05-2008 01:20 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
Helios
Back again again...
 
Helios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 12,673

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer




Member Garage





I believe America was founded initially to get away from countries that had strict governing rules and forced politics and religion on it's people. The above arguement is correct, but in order to live in a country that has these "great" and harsh anti-immigrant rules, you also have to live by all the other up rules they force on their population.

I dont know your personal opinion on the matter, but would their anti-immigrant rules make you want to LIVE THERE?
It's like deciding to move to Ethiopia cause they have better and cheaper coffee than we do here. America gives it's people many many freedoms, unfortunately when all of our laws and regulations were put into effect, America WELCOMED foreigners with open arms. "Give me your weak, give me your weary..." etc etc...

Good argument, but I dont think it's a fair representation. Just an opinion.
__________________
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Wilde
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,844

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I believe America was founded initially to get away from countries that had strict governing rules and forced politics and religion on it's people. The above arguement is correct, but in order to live in a country that has these "great" and harsh anti-immigrant rules, you also have to live by all the other up rules they force on their population.

I dont know your personal opinion on the matter, but would their anti-immigrant rules make you want to LIVE THERE?
It's like deciding to move to Ethiopia cause they have better and cheaper coffee than we do here. America gives it's people many many freedoms, unfortunately when all of our laws and regulations were put into effect, America WELCOMED foreigners with open arms. "Give me your weak, give me your weary..." etc etc...

Good argument, but I dont think it's a fair representation. Just an opinion.
imho the are abusing the system badly. illegals dont have the right to protest

they are here ilegally . i undertsand their point. but isnt a valid one

this country have to change its policy. unfortunately.any ppl wont be so happy about it

is weird that i havent seen that in the news here but a few days ago

a sheriff in arizona was shot by narcos. arizona have been overruned by crime comming form the other side of the fence now twxas is next

you might say got nothing to do with this. but it does. this country need to secure borders and be tougher on inmigration policies
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
Helios
Back again again...
 
Helios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 12,673

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
imho the are abusing the system badly. illegals dont have the right to protest

they are here ilegally . i undertsand their point. but isnt a valid one

this country have to change its policy. unfortunately.any ppl wont be so happy about it

is weird that i havent seen that in the news here but a few days ago

a sheriff in arizona was shot by narcos. arizona have been overruned by crime comming form the other side of the fence now twxas is next

you might say got nothing to do with this. but it does. this country need to secure borders and be tougher on inmigration policies

I agree witcha there Pester. I was just making a response about those other countries and THEIR policies. Even though they sound good, there's alot of other negative rules you gotta live by if you want to live there.
__________________
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Wilde
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie
 
viper3ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pearland/Housto, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 783

Experience: 1-3 months






Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
I do not know if below is 100 percent correct, but I am sure its a fairly close representation..



-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE WE HAD A

FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION...



- IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY
YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.


- IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE

DETAINED INDEFINITELY.


- IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.


- IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY

YOU WILL BE JAILED.


- IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY

NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.


- IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU

WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.


- IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE

THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

if those countries are so great, move there and lets see you enjoy the freedoms you enjoy today


- IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET.


1 - A JOB,


2 - A DRIVERS LICENSE,

3 - SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,

4 - WELFARE,

5 - FOOD STAMPS,

6 – CREDIT CARDS,

7 - SUBSIDIZED FUNDS TO BUY A HOME,

8 - FREE EDUCATION,

9 - FREE HEALTH CARE,

10 - A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON

all the above dont really hold true for the most part but i wont touch on them

11 - BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC
DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE,

so, i'm going to assume you are talking about mexicans. the millions of legal spanish speaking legal immigrants in this country are not the reason we have services in spanish, its because of the illegal aliens? this also applies to other immigrants who get services in their languages in this country


12 - AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR
COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU
DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT.


I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION...
considering the above, i'll say No, you dont even have a weak hold on the situation not to ,mention a firm grip.

illegal immigration is a big problem but the first step to addressing it would be addressing the tru problems and not exaggerating or making up the facts.
__________________
Quote:
"Sometimes Its Like The Right Hand Of Is Sitting On My Shoulder"
MODS: 4" extension, a lot of e-guts.
viper3ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #6
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,844

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I agree witcha there Pester. I was just making a response about those other countries and THEIR policies. Even though they sound good, there's alot of other negative rules you gotta live by if you want to live there.
btw i saw your point
i think what gau 8 meant was a rant about how easy is here
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:50 AM   #7
GAU-8
official thread ender.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,475

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1











correct Pester and Helios

this was just an email I received...I didnt make it. nor do I know the creator. It was a little blunt, but it has a point. (overall -that I agree with,) I am assuming ANY person here illegally. but it sounds like the creator may or may not have been a little Mexi-phobia.

I did not explain myself very well in the O.P. and maybe thats why some see it as an argument/attck from me. I strongly think that what is posted is probably fairly accurate presentation of "us vs. other countries" border policies. thats it.

How one could translate it into "I want to move to that country because they have stricter borders!" I havent a clue (unless it was a satire, then I still didnt get it)

on another note: Yup, America has its issues. It's sad when a good portion of the legals (and illegals) speak, and write the English language,better than we do. I am a poster child for this :P
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:13 AM   #8
GAU-8
official thread ender.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,475

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1











I missed this part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post

I dont know your personal opinion on the matter, but would their anti-immigrant rules make you want to LIVE THERE?.
no.

except for Japan.. I love that place. you can have with other women, as long as it is with money and not with loooove!
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:07 AM   #9
Helios
Back again again...
 
Helios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 12,673

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I dont know your personal opinion on the matter, but would their anti-immigrant rules make you want to LIVE THERE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
I missed this part



no.

except for Japan.. I love that place. you can have with other women, as long as it is with money and not with loooove!
Glad you saw that. I did read it was an email that you got, and was aware that it was mostly satire mixed with some truth.
I completely agree with the point it's trying to get across.
I completely agree that illegals that are only here to suck on the system should have a much tougher time getting here.
I completely agree that there should even be stricter penalties.

But regardless of the problems here in the US, it's hard to take those above examples and apply/compare them to how this country is run.

I wasn't trying to argue or contradict, just an observation.

Dammit, now this thread is all serious. Sorry dude.
__________________
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Wilde
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:03 AM   #10
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,409

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
so, i'm going to assume you are talking about mexicans. the millions of legal spanish speaking legal immigrants in this country are not the reason we have services in spanish, its because of the illegal aliens? this also applies to other immigrants who get services in their languages in this country


Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
considering the above, i'll say No, you dont even have a weak hold on the situation not to ,mention a firm grip.
In considering the above I have come to the conclusion that the majority of the foreign-language speakers that are in this country LEGALLY also speak english. So yes..........the reason why we have to have all the documentation in alternate languages is explicitly for the latin american illegal immigrants.

The latin american illegal immigrants are the only group that has ever come to this country and REFUSED to assimilate into our culture. I'm not talking out my on this one: I'm second generation American. My dad, the first in our family to be born in this country, knows only about 4 words in Italian. Why? Because his parents refused to teach him it. He was an American, and americans speak english. All of the other immigrant influxes took this same view. The current illegals expect us all to cater to them instead. They want all of the benefits of being American while shirking all of the responsibilities.

__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #11
Coast Rider
Arron Smith
 
Coast Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 714

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
kawaquakie









this is awsome + a busa to the author
Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
GAU-8
official thread ender.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,475

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post

Dammit, now this thread is all serious. Sorry dude.

it's cool

GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #13
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,648

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











IMO securing your borders is priority one. No border = no country.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #14
urbanXJ
erect engorged member
 
urbanXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 16,704

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys









Quote:
Originally Posted by MadseasoN View Post
IMO securing your borders is priority one. No border = no country.
x2 Bordars, languge & culture
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
"... I say the govt puts something in the water that sterilizes all women..."
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #15
GAU-8
official thread ender.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,475

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1











thats how I see it.

I dont allow people to come into my house when i am sleeping, or not at home. (unless they have a key, and abide by my rules..wanting the reason to trust them with a key)

same way I see it with the states. but more like an apartment complex.

great neighbors, but someone is letting filth in, no one is claiming to know the filth as a friend, managagement wont fix the gates. and they are partying on my porch to the front door.. the police just say "well its not "your porch" its the property of the apartments, if they arent causing you harm, then there is nothing we can do.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #16
GAU-8
official thread ender.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,475

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1











correction (since I cant edit above)

the word "filth" should be replaced with "un-invited".

Just because someone let themself in, doesnt mean they are trashy, or scum, I have met a few party crashers who were on first appearance, pretty impressive, but you still have to turn them away, simply because you dont know who they are, and they dont have the R.S.V.P.

Last edited by GAU-8; 05-04-2010 at 04:43 PM.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #17
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Straight from the mouth of a man that was born in Mexico, came here LEGALLY and has learned the english language even though he didn't know one word when he came "The problem with immigration is all the handouts the government gives them. Quit offering all the hand outs and free rides and the illegal side of the immigration will go back less extremes" He says there is a problem, he knows a lot of them, and it is the handouts the government keeps giving them that is bringing the trash. The ones that come to work honest jobs don't mind doing it legally. Also, he agrees they should be required to speak english to obtain citizenship.

Just thought it was neat to hear someone's side that actually has been through the transition.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #18
GAU-8
official thread ender.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,475

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1











AGREE with above!


on a personal level, I see this in my moms back yard. she wanted birds, so she went out an purchased several bird feeders. the birds came, then the squirrels. After the squirrels arrived, so did the stray cats to feed on the cute long tailed rats. but because mom puts out cat food for the poor ferral cats, the raccoons have come now, and eat the cat food.

so now she buys all this food every week, so that she can enjoy just the birds, but she about the"loafers"...that she is keeping around by suppluing the free food.

I tell her often, you cant about the cats , racoons, and squirrels being here when you feed, and practically shelter them. when it rains she has covered areas for the cats to stay.

but because my 3 cats are primarily indoors, I cant let them out because mom is fearfull of them contracting something, or getting bit, by the ferrals.


so mom,,WHY DONT YOU STOP FEEDING THE BIRDS?!?! "because I like them, they bring beauty to the morning, and the chirping, and singing..it perks up my morning"

ok. well you need to get an inside bird. "but I dont want to deal with the hassel of cleaning out the cage"...

ok then keep feeding the birds outside, and deal with the riff/raff that eats the birdfood, that brings in the cats, which brings in the raccoons,that eats the cat food!!


lol
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #19
logan5
Senior Member
 
logan5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 5,815


Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s









Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
Straight from the mouth of a man that was born in Mexico, came here LEGALLY and has learned the english language even though he didn't know one word when he came "The problem with immigration is all the handouts the government gives them. Quit offering all the hand outs and free rides and the illegal side of the immigration will go back less extremes" He says there is a problem, he knows a lot of them, and it is the handouts the government keeps giving them that is bringing the trash. The ones that come to work honest jobs don't mind doing it legally. Also, he agrees they should be required to speak english to obtain citizenship.

Just thought it was neat to hear someone's side that actually has been through the transition.

When my grandmother came to this country she was in her 60's ... she still went to english classes to learn to speak English.
__________________
Ben Franklin once told us that “The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.”
"Blessed are the young for they shall inherit the national debt" Herbert Hoover
logan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:56 AM   #20
goose
Goose
 
goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stafford
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 252

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R1
2005 yamaha r6 (sold)
2001 Gsxr 750 (gone)







Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
The latin american illegal immigrants are the only group that has ever come to this country and REFUSED to assimilate into our culture. I'm not talking out my on this one: I'm second generation American.
i believe you are talking out of your ...stop the bs. I am first generation american. Son of then Illegals, now residents. I visit Mexico every so often and don't know much of its culture. My parents celebrate fourth of july and tend to ingore cinco de mayo. I have, along with many family members, been on many tours oversees in the Army and Marine Corp. There are many, many grateful "illegals" but remember that many illegals have waited and waited for the opportunity to obtain work visas. One can only wait so long before hunger takes over. Just my .02
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy