MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #21
CUSTOM ZX-14

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
ZX-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring r1 View Post
i have done it twice just stopping to get gas and smoke...........wasnt that bad but after i rode for a week around ruidoso had to get a new tire in roswell the ride home was what sucked and seemed to take forever
Ya there is some nice roads in ruidoso to ride... You stayed in ruidoso for the week? I love it up there it cool almost all summer... We go snowboarding up witch is BAD O...
CUSTOM ZX-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road Trip! poranksta General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 08-19-2015 05:56 PM
road trip albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 03-30-2012 01:54 PM
Road Trip!!!! VicTOEmizer General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 02-23-2011 01:25 PM
Road Trip Anyone Going? tarosean General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 05-21-2008 03:12 PM
ROAD TRIP!!! Tiger Bait Events, Meets and Rides 24 09-23-2007 09:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2009, 10:32 AM   #22
navigator
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

I rode from Houston to Taos, NM in one day on my ZX-14. That was 960 miles. I had to deal with rain and cold. You are going to have the heat. Take plenty of Advil for your , drinks lots of liquids and have fun.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #23
CUSTOM ZX-14

Bike(s):
ZX-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
I rode from Houston to Taos, NM in one day on my ZX-14. That was 960 miles. I had to deal with rain and cold. You are going to have the heat. Take plenty of Advil for your , drinks lots of liquids and have fun.
How long did it take u ? How fast where u going? What way did you go?
Old 07-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #24
navigator
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

I was in a hurry because I was meeting 6 other guys for the start of a 7 day tour of NM, CO, UT, and AZ. I used 10 days, 1 getting there and 2 more returning home. I took I-45 to Ennis. 287 from Ennis to Amarillo. 106 out of Amarillo to 385. 385 to Hartley. 87 from Hartley to Clayton, NM. 56 from Clayton to Cimmaron and 64 from there into Taos.

I knew I would have plenty of time for fun roads on the trip. I still managed to get caught in a huge storm just outside Clayton. I huddled in an abandoned barn for 2 hours waiting it out. That caused me to hit the mountains around Taos just as the sun was going down and the temp started dropping with a little rain still falling. I had planned to spend an hour riding the local area before going to the motel so that I could say I had done a 1000 mile day. However, I was so cold and stove up from the ride that I decided that enough was enough. I had left at 3:00 AM from Dickinson and arrived around 8:00 PM in time to have dinner with the guys. I didn't keep up with speed. I made time when I could and rested when I needed it.

The final tally for the trip was just over 6200 miles. I started with a brand new set of Continental Road Attacks. They are the best sport touring tire ever. Eighteen days later it was time to put on another set.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #25
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM ZX-14 View Post
See that's what I was thinking get on them long nothing on them but farm road and open it up shouldn't take long to jump from town to town but ya have to watch out for the state boys they good behind all them corn crops...

I-10 is basically a deserted empty strip. meandering between carved out rocks an . unless you plan on deviating...there is no farm road, and signs to look out for hiding the uniformed servant. keep the speeding reasonable, and you ok.

as others have stated. bring your gear. its going to be HOT,and chances are likely it will open up and rain down on you out of the blue. plan on seeing "4 seasons" between hot days, COLD NIGHTS, and rain.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #26
CUSTOM ZX-14

Bike(s):
ZX-14

Ok people Im about to leave my house headed to new mexico 800+ miles to go so I will post up when I stop to get gas eat ect....
Old 07-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #27
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM ZX-14 View Post
Ok people Im about to leave my house headed to new mexico 800+ miles to go so I will post up when I stop to get gas eat ect....
safe riding man
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #28
Phydeaux
Flat Black > Rash

Bike(s):
'01 F4i

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Phydeaux
Fare thee well.

Lord help you if you forgot corn starch.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #29
CUSTOM ZX-14

Bike(s):
ZX-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
Fare thee well.

Lord help you if you forgot corn starch.
LOL I forgot it.... Stopes to get something to drink in madasonville... The state boys are out bad.. Next stop Dallas!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #30
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottnSoul View Post
ya youll be fine.............i just went to dallas and back on my 14 which is about 12 hours as well. Granted my went from sore to numb but i was fine. Really the only thing that got to me was the heat.
it took you 12 hours to go from Dallas and back? were you got 40 the whole time?

at 75 it takes me 4 hours each way in my CAR

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:54 AM   #31
CUSTOM ZX-14

Bike(s):
ZX-14

Ok as I was comeing through Dallas earlyer I had a guy trying to race me in a little yota car he keep messing me to race him so I kicked it down a gear gave it a little as we came through a curve the was the road cleaning crew takein up two of the three lanes...as we all get in one lane I have a guy on a yellow gsxr 1000 buzz me... Holy scit ... So as the lanes open back up I go to catch up with the a- hole that buzzed me he was running with no break light and no plate.... When I look back up he was goon so I thought but you could see him when he passed under the street light... I guess he was just out trying to have some fun.... Well breaks over back to the road.....
Old 07-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #32
CUSTOM ZX-14

Bike(s):
ZX-14

woohoo I made....Now wheres that core starch.....
Old 07-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #33
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

how was the ride?
Old 07-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #34
CUSTOM ZX-14

Bike(s):
ZX-14

It was nice besides going numb...other then that it was a very good ride...

Advertisement