MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #41
speeddemon23

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
125 baja,
honda crf 150
ttr90 that im building for a stunt bike
building my sv650
09 crf fiddy(stunt)

glad u made it ok..... maybe u should slow DOOOOOWWWWWNNNN a little..... to bad ur duc is dead....
speeddemon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3090 Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 60 07-07-2013 12:13 AM
3090 KEM Safety Corner Main 11 01-09-2012 11:54 AM
3090??? ChrisGo General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 06-26-2009 07:07 PM
3090.......... Hooligan General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 06-15-2009 10:47 AM
3090 Htown1000 Events, Meets and Rides 20 08-01-2007 11:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #42
UNDERDOG

Bike(s):
2004 Monster 620ie

Thank you for the well wishes. To answer a few of the questions, I was equipped head to toe: Arai helemt, Dainese jacket with back protector insert, Alpinestar knee and shin guards, Sidi boots. Perhaps that is why I came out relatively unscathed. I know some of you are just making comments, but some of you can be quite the . In your world, are all scenarios controllable? Do accidents not exist? If you have the power to control every aspect of your surroundings perhaps you should change your name to "". I admit i may have contributed to the accident, but is it not fair to say there may have been some other factors at play.. Again thank the rest of for your concern. I just wanted all of you to ride carefully b/c none of us invincible.
UNDERDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #43
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #44
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
98% of the wrecks on 3090 are due to rider error. And most of us work hard at being .
And for others among us it's just a gift.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #45
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
The challenges to riding the roads vs the track is the ever-changing road conditions.

This goes back to the percentage you ride the road at. if you are hugging lines and pushing yourself not alot of room for correction is made.

Still, the inevitable conclusion regardless of experience: you will go down and the percentage goes up when one gets comfortable on a road and take it for granted.

Mad props on the gear. That alone shows your commitment to your well being regardless of the silly things we all do on backroads against our better judgement.
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #46
ChrisGo

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
gsxr600-sold
looking for a trackbike!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERDOG View Post
Thank you for the well wishes. To answer a few of the questions, I was equipped head to toe: Arai helemt, Dainese jacket with back protector insert, Alpinestar knee and shin guards, Sidi boots. Perhaps that is why I came out relatively unscathed. I know some of you are just making comments, but some of you can be quite the . In your world, are all scenarios controllable? Do accidents not exist? If you have the power to control every aspect of your surroundings perhaps you should change your name to "". I admit i may have contributed to the accident, but is it not fair to say there may have been some other factors at play.. Again thank the rest of for your concern. I just wanted all of you to ride carefully b/c none of us invincible.
+1 on wearing the gear!! I wear about the same, minus the brands so it goes to show me that gear is helpful and not a solution.I agree with you on some of the replies being an tone. Some people just get off on getting to tell someone "I told you so".
My main idea was just trying to figure out why you went down and how you broke your foot. Hope you heal up fast. I learned alot of stuff with this thread, one of them is what to expect to hear when you write a thread about a get off
ChrisGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #47
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

So I assume I am the because I said I was glad that you were ok and to basically focus on what you did wrong and how you can correct that versus some factor that you cant control?

my bad.

Glad you are ok. Seriously I am.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #48
ChrisGo

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
gsxr600-sold
looking for a trackbike!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
So I assume I am the because I said I was glad that you were ok and to basically focus on what you did wrong and how you can correct that versus some factor that you cant control?

my bad.

Glad you are ok. Seriously I am.
Its just the way everyone went about it. I think there were better ways to go about explaining it. But hey its the intranetz and it has keyboard warriors...
ChrisGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #49
--SV--
Not anymore but whatever

+1 for wearing your gear, I assure you it did save your . A year and a half ago a Ram 1500 pulled out directly in my path and I t-boned it doing ~45ish, resulting in 2 broken arms. Wearing your gear is great until your bones break and they have to cut your jacket off lol jk. Just bought an 03 CBR 600rr today actually. Take the time to get the gears back. lol getting on the throttle hard today made me pretty edgy BUT LEARN FROM THE MISTAKE DONT REGRET IT!!!
--SV-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #50
Shinyman

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 CBR1000rr with some repsol fairings
07 Buell XB9R (totaled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxxer600 View Post
Its just the way everyone went about it. I think there were better ways to go about explaining it. But hey its the intranetz and it has keyboard warriors...
It wouldn't have anything to do with how someone explained it on the internet, but how the OP is interpreting it. If he feels people are attacking him, when trying to offer others and himself with a better understanding for why he went down then I don't see they point of publicly posting such things.

Also to clear this up as some will be like 'Wow !' but in all honesty I much rather keep a calm sort of attitude towards everyone on this forum as it is no need for fellow riders to get pissy with each other. We have to watch out for each other as much as possibly as most people don't think its necessary.

As well on the forest rides I've been on there is always that one person whom thinks they have conquered the road that is 3090 and out rides his ability putting himself and the others in danger of his stupidity of the moment. Not saying you did such, but I admit on some of the turns I get cocky but I then realize that its not the place to do it, but misjudging happens on the road.
Shinyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement