MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #21
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Spark arrestor for your exhaust

You can get an anuual pass(decal) for your bike at most bike dealerships for $8.00
Then you have to either get a day pass for $5.00 or a yearly pass for $25.00 at the ranger's station which is just down the road from the forest.

Can you make it out tomorrow morning? Ken and I are meeting at the ranger's station at 9am
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sam Houston National Forest riding/camping trip 9/28 brandontx Events, Meets and Rides 304 10-02-2013 08:04 AM
Sam Houston Forest Run 081000rrKing Events, Meets and Rides 12 04-09-2011 09:54 AM
Sam Houston Forest Cruise Deadfred Events, Meets and Rides 16 03-04-2011 04:42 PM
Sam Houston Forest Police JoeRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 07-08-2005 09:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #22
bentgixxer

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring

Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMalt View Post
Spark arrestor for your exhaust

You can get an anuual pass(decal) for your bike at most bike dealerships for $8.00
Then you have to either get a day pass for $5.00 or a yearly pass for $25.00 at the ranger's station which is just down the road from the forest.

Can you make it out tomorrow morning? Ken and I are meeting at the ranger's station at 9am

the DR still has the stock exhaust, i dont know if it has a spark arrestor or not?

with the DR being street legal, will they check for insurance or anything like that? it's titled and registered to my buddy, but his insurance has lapsed on it, and the inspection is out. will that matter if i take it there in the bed of my truck?

i might be able to go tomorrow, have to check on a few things. but i can have a defintate answer by this evening.
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:13 AM   #23
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMalt View Post
You only rode for 10 minutes?
we rode for about 2 hours, but in that 2 hours I only rode "aggresively" for one 10 minute stint. I was cool with a moderate pace. First time I've hit the trails and didn't hit the ground once.

bent, insurance title etc doesn't matter. You aren't riding it on the street. Just make sure you have that SA...It's extremely dry out there. Fire risk was "very high".
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #24
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

I would think that a stock DR exhaust would have a s/a already in it. When you get home, get a flash light and look inside the exhaust tip to see if there is a wire mesh screen inside. Alos look on the exhaust to see if there is a stamp or tag that says is forest approved. It may be on the tip, but could also be somewhere on the canister.

They don't inspect the bike... just take the money and give you a membership card. lol
Old 06-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #25
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsguy View Post
Yep, it was HOT today. We went to the Bastrop area for a family fun day put on by AMSA( Austin area club) on private property. Big fun and everyone came home in one piece!

A little shower sure wouldn't hurt my feelings!
Glad you had a good time Pops, it sounds like a nice property out there... I had to work all weekend

Forecast (if you can believe the weatherman) looks good for today & tomorrow... 30% chance of rain today, cooler temps 73/93 & 50% chance of rain tomorrow. Seems kinda odd to be hoping for rain before a ride... Bring It!!
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #26
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstrs View Post
Glad you had a good time Pops, it sounds like a nice property out there... I had to work all weekend

Forecast (if you can believe the weatherman) looks good for today & tomorrow... 30% chance of rain today, cooler temps 73/93 & 50% chance of rain tomorrow. Seems kinda odd to be hoping for rain before a ride... Bring It!!
I get an extra day off this week since Friday is a holiday and I'm already scheduled off. Should I pick Tuesday off instead of Thursday?
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #27
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
I get an extra day off this week since Friday is a holiday and I'm already scheduled off. Should I pick Tuesday off instead of Thursday?
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement