MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
TONY112083
Senior Member
 
TONY112083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South East
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 269


Bike(s):
07 R6S









Send a message via Yahoo to TONY112083
Speeding ticket

Here it goes right im on my way to school @ about 8 am in my truck and im driving in a 30 Mph zone minding my own business, next thing you know there is a cop behind me and i look down and im doing 35 he followed me about 75 meters and then i stopped at a red light he still behind me. so i got a lil nervious and about 5 secs later i turn right on center street it is then when he turns on his lights and decides to pull me over when i do so i asked him "why i was getting pulled over?? he said cuz i was doing 40 on a 30 mph zone. now i ask if that was the case he should've stopped me as soon as he saw me speeding right?? so i think im fighting this one...
what do you guys think??
and another thing does anybody knows if the radar gives out some kind of proof ie. reciept saying the speed you were doing cuz i asked him about it and he got a lil nervious and he said that his radar didn't give out reciepts...
TONY112083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
speeding ticket 1slowR1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 08-19-2013 08:21 PM
Speeding ticket! darklineninja General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 12-27-2012 05:04 AM
Speeding ticket pwned Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 1 11-04-2010 04:52 PM
Speeding Ticket FieroReinke Off Topic 9 06-11-2009 10:50 AM
How to Get Out of a Speeding Ticket bioGuru Off Topic 1 03-29-2009 06:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2006, 10:51 AM   #2
AliceInChains02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crosby, TX (NE)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,169

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada









Quote:
Originally Posted by TONY112083
Here it goes right im on my way to school @ about 8 am in my truck and im driving in a 30 Mph zone minding my own business, next thing you know there is a cop behind me and i look down and im doing 35 he followed me about 75 meters and then i stopped at a red light he still behind me. so i got a lil nervious and about 5 secs later i turn right on center street it is then when he turns on his lights and decides to pull me over when i do so i asked him "why i was getting pulled over?? he said cuz i was doing 40 on a 30 mph zone. now i ask if that was the case he should've stopped me as soon as he saw me speeding right?? so i think im fighting this one...
what do you guys think??
and another thing does anybody knows if the radar gives out some kind of proof ie. reciept saying the speed you were doing cuz i asked him about it and he got a lil nervious and he said that his radar didn't give out reciepts...
radars can be flawed but you're not going to get a cop to say he's wrong. props on the metric usage
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #3
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






he has time, he can do a plate run while he is following, which is probably what he did. = your screwed, pay the man sucka
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:57 AM   #4
yankee
Senior Member
 
yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,082


Bike(s):
08 HD Nightster









just ask for defensive driving or deffered.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:59 PM   #5
jrock
straight shooter
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: back n H-Twn
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,684

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One








Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
just USE THE FORCE , LUKE.
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:01 PM   #6
BigC
AKA Big Daddy
 
BigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,626

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
88"HURRICANE 1000 ( crashed ) / 98"Z-71 1500 4x4 / 06" Nissan Sentra Spec - V 6 Speed / ZX-7 Ninja









That sucks, I'd fight the ticket yo.
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:07 PM   #7
BykeBoyWannabe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Set a court date, show up. Theres a chance the officer might not show up, you never know.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:16 PM   #8
BigC
AKA Big Daddy
 
BigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,626

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
88"HURRICANE 1000 ( crashed ) / 98"Z-71 1500 4x4 / 06" Nissan Sentra Spec - V 6 Speed / ZX-7 Ninja









Quote:
Originally Posted by BykeBoyWannabe
Set a court date, show up. Theres a chance the officer might not show up, you never know.
True
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:16 PM   #9
Sc0
A Lemming
 
Sc0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Under a Rock
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'01 F4i
'03 KFX400 MX
'09 FLHT
'01 Giant NRS1






Send a message via Yahoo to Sc0
Can you take defensive driving if speeding in a school zone? (I don't think so?)

Was he running radar or pacing? Unless you know of another LEO to get you out of it a badass lawyer will cost you more. You can try a court date as you will/might have plenty more opportunities to plea with the DA for something like deferred before you actually have the trial by jury. Also he might have tagged you before he rolled up. This one Constable tailgated me hardcore at night then I speed up then he flashed his lights and gave me a speeding ticket, next time i'll stomp on my brake!!@# (beware LEO's have departmental ticket quotas to fill)
Sc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:29 PM   #10
Gomomichael
Enjoy Life!
 
Gomomichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 141

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 Cbr 1000rr









Hey just for yall guys that didn't know but a radar picks up power lines at 150 mph. So if a cop is pointing his radar at you and there is powerlines around he might not pick up the right speed. The good thing about that is if your going over that speed limit on your bike you might be able to get out of it because if he picked up the powerlines and not you I don't know anybody that has tryed to take that to court but a cop told me that when I went on a ride along with him.
__________________
Be thankful for every step because you never know when it will be your last
Gomomichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:31 PM   #11
Gomomichael
Enjoy Life!
 
Gomomichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 141

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 Cbr 1000rr









Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC
True
Ya if you reschedule your court date most likely he will not show up because they hate taking time out of there day to go to court. Then there is no witness and you can get off that way to.
__________________
Be thankful for every step because you never know when it will be your last
Gomomichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:31 PM   #12
ratmzapa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





msf?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:41 PM   #13
schecterx
Senior Member
 
schecterx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: East Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 977


Bike(s):
k4gsxr750









Send a message via AIM to schecterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinman
msf?
i beleive he was in a truck
schecterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #14
bdmpastx
The Cripple
 
bdmpastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,763

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR





Was this in Pasadena or Deer Park? Cause That is where the city limits start/end. But either way, good luck on fighting that ticket in either city...ask for deferred. Pasadena can be really if you want to take the case to court. They will continue to reset the case until the cop can show up.
__________________
My wheelchair doesn't have chicken strips
sigpic
bdmpastx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #15
Prodigy
Senior Member
 
Prodigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sugarland Texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,573

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage





Shoulda slammed that in reverse
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #16
AliceInChains02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crosby, TX (NE)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,169

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada









Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0
Can you take defensive driving if speeding in a school zone? (I don't think so?)
nope
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #17
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?
 
Rick H.I.C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Magnolia
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,056

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250









Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomomichael
Hey just for yall guys that didn't know but a radar picks up power lines at 150 mph. So if a cop is pointing his radar at you and there is powerlines around he might not pick up the right speed. The good thing about that is if your going over that speed limit on your bike you might be able to get out of it because if he picked up the powerlines and not you I don't know anybody that has tryed to take that to court but a cop told me that when I went on a ride along with him.
Can you test that theory and get back with us on this one.
__________________
LIVE IT WHILE YOU CAN!
Rick H.I.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #18
Buck Nasty
-playboy-
 
Buck Nasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: south
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,126


Bike(s):
750









give kennith bradshaw from deer park a call, he'll go in there and get it dismissed for like 80 bucks. let him know your from motohouston. i think some of these guys have his number. or setup a trial just to em off lol and tell them to prove, that you were going that fast. :eh: ...... i wish we could pull cops over
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:42 PM   #19
TONY112083
Senior Member
 
TONY112083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South East
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 269


Bike(s):
07 R6S









Send a message via Yahoo to TONY112083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
give kennith bradshaw from deer park a call, he'll go in there and get it dismissed for like 80 bucks. let him know your from motohouston. i think some of these guys have his number. or setup a trial just to em off lol and tell them to prove, that you were going that fast. :eh: ...... i wish we could pull cops over
thanks dude now can somebody get me that number?????
TONY112083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #20
Buck Nasty
-playboy-
 
Buck Nasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: south
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,126


Bike(s):
750









deerpark- office #281-930-0744 dont quote me on the price bro, i know he charges 100 to go to court for this and he told me discounts so see what he says, let him know your from motohouston.
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy