MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009, 01:18 AM   #41
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Johnny Rea, "to catch Spies I gotta grow a bigger set of "
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is England Green the "go to" place for Corvettes? flip326 Car Forum 4 11-27-2011 09:48 PM
Carnage at Craner Curves, Donnington, England Grinchy Taking it to the Track 8 04-15-2011 09:03 AM
WSBK Donnington Park, England SPOILERS Grinchy Taking it to the Track 28 03-28-2011 06:19 PM
"SPOILER" WSBK: Valencia WSBK - Superpole qualifying times Grinchy Taking it to the Track 51 04-06-2009 09:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2009, 01:42 AM   #42
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
Johnny Rea, "to catch Spies I gotta grow a bigger set of "
Spies was kicking today. Was a nice race.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:47 AM   #43
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

I really hope Haga doesn't miss events because of his crash. Tuff weekend for Ducati fans

Alberto, where are you?
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #44
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
I really hope Haga doesn't miss events because of his crash. Tuff weekend for Ducati fans

Alberto, where are you?
he'll hold quiet as long as those "precious" ducatis are sucking the other bikes fumes!!! Berto can only talk when ducs are on top but, it seems the ducs rule is over for now. Yammi has taken over the dominating position for the year. it's the crank in the motors, it's too intimidating for the ducatis
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:42 AM   #45
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Besides massive admiration for Spies the question I kept hearing over the weekend is "why haven't Suzuki (who are nowhere) done more to get Mladin (who fought tooth and nail with Spies for 3 years) onto their bike??
My reconing is that #1 Mladin won't leave the "honey pot" right now, #2 Young is looking like a likely candidate to leave for the WSBK series (remember the "I hope this one follows the other one to Europe..." after a race that Young taunted Mladin the whole race), #3 Unless they bring the AMA mechanics with them I don't think the Suzuki team has the bike to bring in the wins this year...

On other news, I sure hope that Haga's prognosis is correct and he'll be back for the next round- I agree with you Grinchy on the aspect of when the vertebrae was first fractured... and why wasn't it a problem when it happened? Maybe it's a REALLY old injury that has already been healed/ repaired from a year or more ago?

I absolutely LOVED the battles for 2/3/4/5 during the races (both of 'em). I was stoked to see the Brits (and the honorary Brits) up front for the home race.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #46
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Mladin has "Big Fish" syndrome. He won't leave AMA until it completely crumbles beneath him. I really don't think he has the sack to run WSBK, and if he did, he would probably be outside the top ten. It would be GREAT to see him get some of the rough passes he's handed out over the years put right back on him. He's the AMA cherry picker for sure. And now that the talent is leaving AMA, he'll be MR. AMA before too long. Sorry, not a Mladin fan.......
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:29 AM   #47
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

I think Mladin would do well in WSBK ... but he wont be nearly as liked and respected as Ben. Ben's just such a class act and Mladin ... well ... he's a winner and that's about it.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #48
dhdrider

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

I hope he heals up to, because if Ben goes on to win the championship, I don't want all the Haga leg humpers to say Ben only got it because Haga was injured. There's already enough of them that still say Edwards' first SBK championship was because Haga was "robbed." (last time I checked failing a drug test isn't being robbed)

On the Ben side though, he is truly amazing. Everybody was stoked about him being part of the series w/ such great competition. But so far on tracks he's had any prior track time on, he's dominating. Miller was a joke and so was Donnington. Philip Island should have been a double as well. He even doubled at Qatar, w/ no prior track experience.

Also, the only way Mladin would go to WSBK is if he could take about 10 years off his age. He has tried Moto GP and did not do well. He is happy being king of his own mountain.

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #49
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Experience: 8 years

Send a message via AIM to RoadracerNC
Good weekend for Spies. (even better weekend for Yamaha! )

I hate to see Haga go down like that, but you can't deny that's exactly what Spies needed. Haga is tough......he'll be back in it.

As far as the Mladin debate is concerned....for me at least.....he's old news, until he leaves AMA. In my book, he's no longer a relevant racer until he leaves the debacle that is AMA.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #50
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Mladin has "Big Fish" syndrome. He won't leave AMA until it completely crumbles beneath him. I really don't think he has the sack to run WSBK, and if he did, he would probably be outside the top ten. It would be GREAT to see him get some of the rough passes he's handed out over the years put right back on him. He's the AMA cherry picker for sure. And now that the talent is leaving AMA, he'll be MR. AMA before too long. Sorry, not a Mladin fan.......
+1
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #51
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post

"Big fish" syndrome, or "big paycheck" syndrome? Everything i've seen points to him having to take a paycut to go to WSBK.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #52
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

latest!!

Quote:
Ducati: Haga could race at Brno
Noriyuki Haga's 2009 World Superbike Championship title hopes are potentially still very much alive after the Ducati Xerox team confirmed his injuries following a crash at Donington Park aren't as serious as first feared.

While a later update at Derby Hospital revealed the originally suspected fractured vertebra was an ailment from another accident, potentially years earlier, further tests have been carried out to confirm the extent of his injuries.

Currently, Haga will only need to undergo surgery to insert a plate and screws into his forearm following a fracture to the right ulna. He will also be inspected for a pain in his shoulder, although x-rays have ruled out any serious damage.

With Haga set to return home to Italy within two days, attention is now focused on the injured forearm, which the Ducati Xerox team hope will heal in time for him to return to competition for the next World Superbike round at Brno in a month's time.

The news is particularly good for Haga's title hopes after Ben Spies reduced the deficit to 14 points following his double victory at Donington Park. He now has until July 26th to get fit in time to resume his spot on the 1198.

The Japanese rider is renowned for his ability to race on through pain, most notably last season when he shrugged off a broken collarbone to win both races at the Nurburgring just two weeks later.
it's getting better and better
Old 06-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #53
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
My reconing is that #1 Mladin won't leave the "honey pot" right now, #2 Young is looking like a likely candidate to leave for the WSBK series (remember the "I hope this one follows the other one to Europe..." after a race that Young taunted Mladin the whole race), #3 Unless they bring the AMA mechanics with them I don't think the Suzuki team has the bike to bring in the wins this year...

On other news, I sure hope that Haga's prognosis is correct and he'll be back for the next round- I agree with you Grinchy on the aspect of when the vertebrae was first fractured... and why wasn't it a problem when it happened? Maybe it's a REALLY old injury that has already been healed/ repaired from a year or more ago?

I absolutely LOVED the battles for 2/3/4/5 during the races (both of 'em). I was stoked to see the Brits (and the honorary Brits) up front for the home race.
see post 52
If I had to bet it would be that huge off at Brands Hatch back in the R7 days
Old 06-29-2009, 11:21 AM   #54
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Unrewarding return for Rea at Donington
Jonathan Rea blamed set-up woes for his struggles during the British round of the World Superbike Championship at Donington Park.

Arriving at his home race eager to continue his momentum following a maiden World Superbike victory just a week earlier in Misano, Rea was put on the back foot from the word go following a crash during free practice.

Going on to qualify in 12th position, Rea made solid progress through the opening race, but was finding it hard to find speed in the tricky final section of the lap.

Eventually finishing seventh in that race, Rea's hopes of a better result in the second were ruined on the second lap when he fell at Goddards. A disappointing end to a tough weekend, Rea is now looking forward to the mid-season tests where he is hoping to continue improving his Ten Kate Honda.

“I knew we were going to struggle here, but I didn't think it would be this hard. Donington is a very difficult place to find the right set up because you have the fast-flowing first section and then a series of first-gear corners at the end of the lap. We changed quite a bit after the first race – the rear linkage and some other things.

“The bike was very different to ride but I was still struggling in the last sector where I've been having problems all weekend. And that's where I crashed – off the brake, off the throttle, and just lost the front. I picked it up and collected a point, which could be important at the end of the season.

“We'll aim to find a good base setting for this new suspension when we test at Imola in a couple of weeks, and take the rest of the season from there.”
Old 06-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #55
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
he'll hold quiet as long as those "precious" ducatis are sucking the other bikes fumes!!! Berto can only talk when ducs are on top but, it seems the ducs rule is over for now. Yammi has taken over the dominating position for the year. it's the crank in the motors, it's too intimidating for the ducatis
For being so tiny you sure talk a lot of CRAPPPPP. Go ducs, we take what we can get. War is not over yet.

I've been very busy lately so i spend like 5 minutes on the net. Is pretty hot out there. Getting in shape here, spending from 7 am to 4 pm in the freaking sun with no shade. Endurance racing here i come.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #56
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
For being so tiny you sure talk a lot of CRAPPPPP. Go ducs, we take what we can get. War is not over yet.

I've been very busy lately so i spend like 5 minutes on the net. Is pretty hot out there. Getting in shape here, spending from 7 am to 4 pm in the freaking sun with no shade. Endurance racing here i come.
whatever loud mouth
Old 06-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #57
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

i bet if stoner or haga would have won a race this weekend you would have been on here all day and this thread would be up to 5 pages of your ducati nonsense. LOL
Old 06-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #58
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Just finished wathing the SS race. not as thrilling as the last few, but was good to see the bikes that made the podium. Yami , Kawi, Triumph.

Also in the SBK races what's the deal with running out of gas...seems like they are probably all pretty close on fumes at the end. I wonder how much tuning they have to do to lean the bikes out enough to make the distance.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #59
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

Quote:
Besides massive admiration for Spies the question I kept hearing over the weekend is "why haven't Suzuki (who are nowhere) done more to get Mladin (who fought tooth and nail with Spies for 3 years) onto their bike??
That is THE question of the day, doesnt appear there is anyone who can regularly contend with him other than Mladin.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:37 AM   #60
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
Just finished wathing the SS race. not as thrilling as the last few, but was good to see the bikes that made the podium. Yami , Kawi, Triumph.

Also in the SBK races what's the deal with running out of gas...seems like they are probably all pretty close on fumes at the end. I wonder how much tuning they have to do to lean the bikes out enough to make the distance.
I was stoked to see Gary McCoy on the box. I really enjoy watching him ride a motorcycle.
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement